based on the darn knight trilogy-would nolan have done a better job with watchmen

People's issue with the watchmen, as I understood it, was the editing of the story... no one could fit all that graphic novel into a movie under 5 hours.
I think Snyder owned the watchmen.

People's issue with the watchmen, as I understood it, was the editing of the story... no one could fit all that graphic novel into a movie under 5 hours.
I think Snyder owned the watchmen.

What kills me is the original ending was sooo movie friendly and explained the rest of the movie flawlessly. It felt like it reached and had a convenient ending typical of Hollywood and kept people from seeing it as anything more than an alright movie that was too long and had too much blue penis for their taste.

Also fuck anyone who used Dr. Manhattan's giant dick as an excuse to dislike the movie. It's 2013 people!

Wait Watchmen was bad?? Must've not have got the memo. It was no Citizen Kane but it was a good adaption with a better ending than the Graphic Novel, and I was entertained throughout and the casting was excellent.

Snyder did a fine job. Nolan might've improved it a bit but not by much. Watchmen already felt pretty dark. I mean it wasn't like the Watchmen was like the terrible Joel Schumacher Batman. A cartoony, over the top, cheesefest.

Wait Watchmen was bad?? Must've not have got the memo. It was no Citizen Kane but it was a good adaption with a better ending than the Graphic Novel, and I was entertained throughout and the casting was excellent.

Snyder did a fine job. Nolan might've improved it a bit but not by much. Watchmen already felt pretty dark. I mean it wasn't like the Watchmen was like the Jerry Bruckheimer Batman. A cartoony, over the top, cheesefest.

How was the ending better? Put it in spoilers if you need to.

example
[/spoiler*]
Just remove the asterisk.

How was the ending better? Put it in spoilers if you need to.

example
[/spoiler*]
Just remove the asterisk.
I know how to spoiler thanks. Go google it. It's more realistic than a stupid space squid. In a movie about superheroes and a giant blue guy who can bend time and space, and annihilate matter like a demigod there's only so much a general movie audience can absorb. They would've seen the squid/octopus whatever the fuckin' thing was and been scratching their thick money heads like WTF??!?!

I know how to spoiler thanks. Go google it. It's more realistic than a stupid space squid. In a movie about superheroes and a giant blue guy who can bend time and space, and annihilate matter like a demigod there's only so much a general movie audience can absorb. They would've seen the squid/octopus whatever the fuckin' thing was and been scratching their thick money heads like WTF??!?!

But it's all totally explained with the genetic manipulation aspect. Not to mention the Pandora's Box aspect that is Dr. Manhattan/technology is better acknowledged with it. The general movie audience doesn't go to a comic book movie for gritty realism, they go for giant space monsters and badass heroes. Something the original had in spades.

And I just saw you were a recent white belt and thought you might not know about spoilers yet. I still remember the day this site finally got them, it was awesome lol. I feel like I'm responsible for them after suggesting them in a thread lol.

Didn't think Watchmen was good. Overhyped all to hell.

the darn knight.

As a huge sci-fi nerd, I can tell you that AI blew donkey dick. Horrible movie.

First time I ever saw it, I had never heard of it before and I was catching bits and pieces while multitasking watching TV. It was beautiful, I was sobbing lol. A few months later I stumbled on the wikipedia page and wept just reading the plot. Then a few months later I watched it on DVD with the ex after telling her how great it was. It wasn't even kind of near as good as watching it that first time was. I must have watched it in just the right order that hit all the right nerves in me. The ending just didn't resonate at all like it did before.

Maybe you should experiment by cutting it up and watching certain scenes only lol.

Knowing nothing about the Watchmen I enjoyed it. Had its own strange vibe. I'd actually be more interested in seeing Snyder do Batman

Snyders Watchmen is about as close to perfect as you can get I think.

hehe... Yeah, There's just too much other media out there for me to revisit things I strongly disliked on the first viewing.

First time I ever saw it, I had never heard of it before and I was catching bits and pieces while multitasking watching TV. It was beautiful, I was sobbing lol. A few months later I stumbled on the wikipedia page and wept just reading the plot. Then a few months later I watched it on DVD with the ex after telling her how great it was. It wasn't even kind of near as good as watching it that first time was. I must have watched it in just the right order that hit all the right nerves in me. The ending just didn't resonate at all like it did before.

Maybe you should experiment by cutting it up and watching certain scenes only lol.

hehe... Yeah, There's just too much other media out there for me to revisit things I strongly disliked on the first viewing.

Oh I know the feeling. I said it mostly in jest to be honest lol.

Actually i've liked Watchmen and i find ridicolous the third nolan-batman chapter

I liked first two nolan-batman btw

Snyders effort was alright. What it showed me most was that the Watchmen story can never actually shine the way it did in it's original form.

The unusual usage of every storytelling-layer that the graphic novel has to offer was actually part of the appeal. It just matched with the super hero plot, basically a whole package from start to finish. There just are works, that for one reason or another do not translate as well into other mediums.

Back