based on the darn knight trilogy-would nolan have done a better job with watchmen

devante

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
It seems that Nolan's Batman was grounded in reality, for the most part nothing happened...that couldnt happen in real life; even the fiht scenes which I hated, were for the most part ugly simplistic and straight forward.

I think this is what would have done the watchmen alot of good...esp since that graphic novel dealt with more realistic heroes and more realistic situations and circumstance.. whether it be the villains or the citizens or the heroes themselves.

I think Snyder is great for Superman's justice leagues etc etc; but for things grounded in reality he may not have the right touch for those projects..I think Nolan could have done a very good watchmen.

The fight scenes would suck that's for sure.

what was wrong with watchmen? it wasn't a great film, but it was entertaining for the most part. i'm not sure it translates well to that medium though. it's not like the batman movies nolan directed were following the comics very closely.

he could have made a better movie probably, but it would have to deviate from the graphic novel (more so than the actual movie did) in order to make it "great".

I think Nolan would do a great job provided:

1. He doesn't get overly ambitious and change the story drastically.

2. He doesn't screw up the dialogue. His last film had a lot of cringeworthy lines.

3. And of course, get a good fight choreographer/editor.

Also love Snyder's Watchmen. It was one of the most faithful (for the most part) comic book adaptations ever.

snyders watchmen is almost perfect.

It also has a better ending than the graphic novel

you can say damn, it's not a bad word

Only if he got rid of all the hacky stuff Snyder did, which i'm not sure he could given some of the stuff in Batman

I'm definitely in the minority in liking watchmen.

The opening scene in Watchmen was outstanding. Personally, I don't see all the hype about Nolan.

The opening scene in Watchmen was outstanding. Personally, I don't see all the hype about Nolan.

he's made some good films. have you ever seen the prestige? one of my favorite movies of all time.

The movie was the best anybody was going to make out of that story. It was alright but overall it wasn't very enjoyable.

I have a deep down hatred for the Wachowsky and Zack moron Snyder.

They put slow motion scenes in Alan Moore graphic novels. Novels that touched on deep subjects as machiavellian means and terrorist modus operandi were dumbfied for the ''just bleed movie ''crowd. They transformed the Shakespere of graphic novels into beat em up adventure movies.

That those three may rot in hell or be crippled for life.

And no i dont think Nolan could do justice to those graphic novels. Nolan is the most overrated director ever. He is a good action movie director. That is all.

I think Watchmen was good the way it was, I don't believe Nolan could have made it any better.

No, Watchmen was a great adaptation.

No it was not. Slow motion scenes. Changed ending.

When a moron like Zack Snyder thinks he is smarter than Alan Moore and changes the ending of the novel you know the movies is going to stink.

Wow yeah how could i forget. The worst choice in soundtrack in the history of movies.

You really know when a director is good by his selection of soundtrack. Like Leone and Enio Morricone, or Fellini and Nino Rota.

But Zack ''may he die in a brutal way'' Snyder? He thinks 99 red balloons is a great song.

Gosh how could i forget. Hallelujah in a sex scene. Who ever brought up the stupid concept of comic relief? Imagine if all of sudden when Don Corleone was dying Jerry Lewis appeared for a little comic relief?

Comic relief is rarely a good idea. Specially when your name is not Tarantino.

And no i dont think Nolan could do justice to those graphic novels. Nolan is the most overrated director ever. He is a good action movie director. That is all.

Nolan is the greatest director of our age, you sir don't know good film.

I'm joking, I've personally never really liked a movie he's done.

Back