• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Barnett on Rampage podcast

Ludwig von Mises

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Rampage's podcast is awesome. The content he cultivates by bringing in the the OGs of MMA creates a platform for awesome stories and a time machine like atmosphere. Almost every podcast of his I've watched has been a banger. Rampage has matured a lot and it seems like he's doing well. I'm happy for him. I hespect of heem.

Josh Barnett was the featured guest on this episode. They get into running at the 20 min mark and Rampage says that Barnett would smoke him and Mayhem Miller on their long distance runs in Big Bear at high altitude. This was young athletic Rampage who was chiseled at LHW and young Miller who was a MW and WW.

Rampage continues and says he challenged Barnett to sprints to see who was faster in short distances and Barnett smoked him at that too. Barnett says he was running 6 minute miles as a 260lb HW.

What an absolute animal Barnett was. Usually when you hear about HWs you don't hear about them getting credit for their speed. You always hear about how much faster LHWs and MWs are but when it comes to to elite HWs I don't think that's the case. I think someone like Tom Aspinal is faster than a lot of LHWs and some MWs.

I wonder which HWs today can do a 6 minute mile. I know Nemkov did 5 min mile as a LHW.

Last edited:
Clickbait title OP, I walked into this thread thinking it was about Chris Barnett. :eek:

giphy.webp

Imagine the MMA landscape is Barnett didn't pop when he did.

The real question is how the Affliction fight against Fedor would have went down. I believe Fedor was still good and capable of winning that but Barnett may have given him some problems. Especially considering how he looked in Strikeforce shortly after.

Did Barnett actually retire? I remember he had a bare knuckle fight awhile ago in ksw but no mma since his issues with Bellator

He insinuated as much. He had a grappling match a month or two ago against Phil De Fries where he didn't fare well, after which he admitted at 46 his body cannot heal from past injuries and that achieving proper cardiovascular conditioning is likely beyond him at this point.

Brendan Schaub was recently on Rampages podcast with Rockhold. Schaub said that being P4P #1 means if you put everyone in a room whoever comes out is P4P, Lmao. Dude was a "fighter" and he doesn't even know how P4P works.

Last edited:
this guy got busted for ped's more than any other fighter and even during era's when the testing was less severe. he was juicing to the max
if he would compete in athletics/track and field his wins/achievemenst would have been erased (a bit too harsh if you ask me, but still). barnett cheated throughout his carreer, i cannot give him the respect.

this guy got busted for ped's more than any other fighter and even during era's when the testing was less severe. he was juicing to the max
if he would compete in athletics/track and field his wins/achievemenst would have been erased (a bit too harsh if you ask me, but still). barnett cheated throughout his carreer, i cannot give him the respect.

Barnett fought in an era where everyone was juiced up.

Jones gets to use this excuse. Barnett should be able to use it too.

Back