• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Barnett on Rampage podcast

Barnett fought in an era where everyone was juiced up.

Jones gets to use this excuse. Barnett should be able to use it too.
everyone was juiced up but only .0001% were getting caught. if you that stupid and dumb to get caught when everyone is doing it you deserve all smoke that comes your way from getting caught.

when afflcition mma was on life support barnett fails a drug test to pull the plug.... always liked barnett tho. he had very good grappling for a HW. just sucks he couldnt figure out how to pass drug tests like everyone else who was on it at the time.

why does Barnett get the free pass for steroids but wanderlei, shogun, Conor and others that never failed a test get shit on non stop for alleged use? Not to mention jones, Henderson, charl and a bunch of others that got caught also get a pass. This place is ridiculous

Brendan Schaub was recently on Rampages podcast with Rockhold. Schaub said that being P4P #1 means if you put everyone in a room whoever comes out is P4P, Lmao. Dude was a "fighter" and doesn't even know how P4P works.
I was thinking about this... he wasn't just wrong, he was almost perfectly opposite of being correct because letting differently-sized fighters duke it out is the opposite of evaluating skill level if sizes were equalized.

I was thinking about this... he wasn't just wrong, he was almost perfectly opposite of being correct because letting differently-sized fighters duke it out is the opposite of evaluating skill level if sizes were equalized.
Lol, exactly. He's such a blabbering buffoon it's not even funny.

The real question is how the Affliction fight against Fedor would have went down. I believe Fedor was still good and capable of winning that but Barnett may have given him some problems. Especially considering how he looked in Strikeforce shortly after.
He would test positive

Very underappreciated fighter, real legend!! I would say skillwise, he might be an all-time top-5 HW. He was that good.
Also popped 4 times for juicing

One of those occasions caused the fight against Fedor to be canceled, along with the whole Affliction card and the Affliction promotion.

People just generally give Barnett a pass because he's a very likable guy.
But, fact is he cheats twice as much as Jon Jones.

Also popped 4 times for juicing

One of those occasions caused the fight against Fedor to be canceled, along with the whole Affliction card and the Affliction promotion.

People just generally give Barnett a pass because he's a very likable guy.
But, fact is he cheats twice as much as Jon Jones.

I give Barnett a pass just like Jon Jones fanboys give him the pass. If Jones can still be the "GOAT" after testing positive 3x then Barnett can get his flowers as a great fighter.

I hespect of heem.

Rampage's podcast is awesome. The content he cultivates by bringing in the the OGs of MMA creates a platform for awesome stories and a time machine like atmosphere. Almost every podcast of his I've watched has been a banger. Rampage has matured a lot and it seems like he's doing well. I'm happy for him. I hespect of heem.

Josh Barnett was the featured guest on this episode. They get into running at the 20 min mark and Rampage says that Barnett would smoke him and Mayhem Miller on their long distance runs in Big Bear at high altitude. This was young athletic Rampage who was chiseled at LHW and young Miller who was a MW and WW.

Then Rampage challenged Barnett to sprints to see who was faster in short distances and Barnett smoked him at that too. Barnett says he was running 6 minute miles as a 260lb HW.

What an absolute animal Barnett was. Usually when you hear about HWs you don't hear about them getting credit for their speed. You always hear about how much faster LHWs and MWs are but when it comes to to elite HWs I don't think that's the case. I think someone like Tom Aspinal is faster than a lot of LHWs and some MWs.

I wonder which HWs today can do a 6 minute mile. I know Nemkov did 5 min mile as a LHW.

😂😂😂😂😂

I like how he calls out the anti trust law suit for what it was for the fighters who were at the helm, a money grab & probably won't change nothing.

I remember being blown away by how hard Barnett pushed the pace in this fight. Taking Aleksander's best shots for the whole 10 minute first round and still pushing forward in round 2. You could tell Aleks was absolutely cooked after using Barnetts face as a speed bag for 10 minutes. Barnett started ripping to the body like crazy and it was over. Running 6 minute miles at 250lbs will do that. Barnett was an absolute chad. This fight had just as much skill on display as Pavlovich vs Volkov, if not more - almost 20 years ago.

I wonder if that crazy cardio had anything to do with the Warp Sauce the Warmaster was on.....

and I say that will full respect to a great fighter. Just one who cheated....a lot.

I dont know. I think there were guys who were juiced who still couldn't run a 6 min mile. I think on top of juicing, Barnett trained his ass off and gave his life to this shit. Rampage was stuffing Randleman power doubles, power bombing Arona, and smashing Liddell but literally says on this podcast how he couldn't do shit to Barnett in training and always got his ass whipped by Barnett 90% of the time. Crazy stories.

Back