Bar

It's not an excuse for losing, it's an excuse for getting outclassed on the subsequent rounds, still and excuse, you could say.

It's not an excuse for losing, it's an excuse for getting outclassed on the subsequent rounds, still and excuse, you could say.

at some level it's also his perception of what happened. and it's what i saw happening too.

I feel embarrassed not for Barao but for his management wanting a rematch... In Brazil... after getting dominated...

What's the problem? Barao only fought in USA. What's the problem of TJ coming to Brazil?

He wasn't making an excuse he got hit hard and fought on muscle memory the rest of the fight, is what he's saying.

If a fighter says I got submitted because I left my arm in a bad spot, is it an excuse?

What's the problem? Barao only fought in USA. What's the problem of TJ coming to Brazil?

The problem is how desperate and silly they look asking for home field advantage for a title rematch after getting obliterated.

Are you Brasilian?

How is that an excuse? Maybe if he said tj sucker punched me in the locker rooms before the fight and he was on autopilot then it would be an excuse.

He's just telling it like it is. He never fully recovered from a perfect punch tj landed in the first round. Props to tj.

There is a difference between a reason and an excuse.

he said that TJ pretty much concussed him in the first and couldn't get it going for the remainder of the rounds. He has given TJ a lot of credit.

Saying a fighter hurt you to the point of completely taking you off your game is not an excuse, in fact its praising your opponent.

I feel embarrassed not for Barao but for his management wanting a rematch... In Brazil... after getting dominated...

Yeah talk about being a little out of touch with reality. If anything the rematch will happen in TJ's hometown.

Yeah talk about being a little out of touch with reality. If anything the rematch will happen in TJ's hometown.

Yeah I don't think Barao was making excuses as opposed to saying what happened. His management tho, kinda silly words from them.

Be a man and fight a rematch in Brazil? Lol wow.

I was sure some shertards were going to say that Barao's statement was an excuse. Some guys need to understand that journalists ask fucking questions to the fighters after the fight and they answer it giving the more details possible.

Barao said that TJ hit him with a huge right hand and he basically remembers nothing after that. How is that an excuse ?

Didn't he specifically give credit to TJ for putting him on queer street?

he would have lost either way that night, even if it wasn't for him getting dropped.. he was just outclassed and he looked like a deer in headlights

I was sure some shertards were going to say that Barao's statement was an excuse. Some guys need to understand that journalists ask fucking questions to the fighters after the fight and they answer it giving the more details possible.

Barao said that TJ hit him with a huge right hand and he basically remembers nothing after that. How is that an excuse ?

You seem a bit cranky shertards was funny tho

Seriously he was outclassed from the opening bell and comes out with I was on auto pilot from the first round when he got dropped why won't he just say that TJ was the better fighter there was no way he was on "auto pilot" if he was he would have looked like zombie JDS when he fought Cain for the 3rd time. anyone else dislike when fighters who lose make excuses for there loss?

Sure and every fighter that gets rocked and beaten acts the same. I do not see where saying autopilot is an excuse. He got rocked by an opponent with a cognitive strategy that never let up for him to jump out of autopilot once attacked and stunned. IMO the autopilot was him saying TJ got his ass to the point he couldn't think and had to go into autopilot.

Thanks for the link. Good read.

Barao overlooked this kid and paid for it with his belt. TJ wont have the element of surprise next time around and will give that belt back to its rightful owner.

Or....I know it's a stretch for a Brazilian fanboy...Barao encountered a more physically and mentally gifted athlete.

The problem is how desperate and silly they look asking for home field advantage for a title rematch after getting obliterated.

Are you Brasilian?

I am...so what?

Don't you think it's fair since their first fight was in TJ's home? Why bitch about that? No one was bitching when Barao fight there...

Back