Bar

Well, it was a pretty backhanded compliment. And the whole "rematch us in Brazil if you are a man" addendum doesn't help.

Exactly, what does fighting in Brazil have to do with anything? Is fighting in Brazil going to give Barao superpowers or something? Nova Uniao needs to eat some humble pie and just worry about Barao's health after that beating, and work on fixing the holes in his game. At this point, I don't see what Barao could change in his style to overcome the style of TJ. TJ has great cardio, speed, footwork, changes angles constantly, and has KO power. His striking looked incredible! I saw that in the Easton fight!

Thanks for the link. Good read.

Barao overlooked this kid and paid for it with his belt. TJ wont have the element of surprise next time around and will give that belt back to its rightful owner.

Will TJ all of a sudden lose his speed, power, and use of angles?

Will TJ all of a sudden lose his speed, power, and use of angles?

Dude. He wants to cheer for and believes his fighter could win the rematch. At least give him that. TJ's fans already have the awesome win to enjoy.

Exactly, what does fighting in Brazil have to do with anything? Is fighting in Brazil going to give Barao superpowers or something? Nova Uniao needs to eat some humble pie and just worry about Barao's health after that beating, and work on fixing the holes in his game. At this point, I don't see what Barao could change in his style to overcome the style of TJ. TJ has great cardio, speed, footwork, changes angles constantly, and has KO power. His striking looked incredible! I saw that in the Easton fight!

I think the point is that being in someone else's backyard gives the home field player an advantage. Time difference, crowd etc. Still just sounds like an excuse; "we didn't fight at home, unfair!".
Yes, Barao needs a couple of fights, perhaps a fight with Cruz, to improve his game for a style like that. It's not impossible, Aldo is pretty good at angling himself.

Pretty evident for anyone watching. The fact that he almost didn't get finished is a testament to his toughness.

You don't see what's backhanded about saying that the knockdown put Barao "on autopilot"? They are essentially saying TJ won via lucky punch, and discrediting everything he did after the knockdown.
At any rate, the autopilot-Barao didn't look much different from the regular Barao (well, except for the fact that he got his ass handed to him).

I think you should have the courtesy of taking other people's words as they are. Instead of twisting them to fit your personal prejudices.

It would be like me taking your "ass handed" comment and twist it to interpret that you're gay. Which of course you're not.

And also this post seems to indicate that he would have won if it wern't for the hard punch.

As insane as it seems it's almost coming off as an excuse :)

He has his coach making them for him.

Here's a sports fan who doesn't understand the concept of home field advantage.

I think you should have the courtesy of taking other people's words as they are. Instead of twisting them to fit your personal prejudices.

It would be like me taking your "ass handed" comment and twist it to interpret that you're gay. Which of course you're not.

Don't pull a muscle with all that reaching.

You don't see what's backhanded about saying that the knockdown put Barao "on autopilot"? They are essentially saying TJ won via lucky punch, and discrediting everything he did after the knockdown.
At any rate, the autopilot-Barao didn't look much different from the regular Barao (well, except for the fact that he got his ass handed to him).

Stop making shit up. He never said it was a lucky punch or anything to that effect.

He has his coach making them for him.

Haha I wasn't trying to be sarcastic! Barao didn't make any excuses, he coach did. It showed great resolve to last as long as Barao did in that fight, with how many shots he was taking.

No excuses only phrases..This is very unbrazilian of him

He wasn't on autopilot when he went down though was he? So what makes him think it wouldn't happen again.

Here's a sports fan who doesn't understand the concept of home field advantage.

Your screen name is very fitting. Just for the record, I'm not a "sports fan". The only sport I watch is MMA. Everything else is zzzzzzz. I'm fully aware of what "home field advantage" means. I just don't think it matters that much. Aside from the long trip and some jetlag, what advantage would it give Barao? Brazilians chanting "You're gonna die"??? They were doing that Saturday night and got quiet real quick after TJ floored Renan. Please show me some stats where having the home field advantage mattered in an MMA fight.

I have to give Barao credit for not making excuses.

I just wish Sandro felt the same way.

Back