Bar

Supernova said he were against Barao's coach asking to have a rematch in Brazil, because Barao would have home advantage...so...

So you'll agree you were making shit up when you said TJ fought at home?

You brazilian fans are every bit as delusional as everyone says, lol.

I wonder what happened BEFORE the knockdown while TJ was already soundly outstriking him.

So you'll agree you were making shit up when you said TJ fought at home?

You brazilian fans are every bit as delusional as everyone says, lol.

Dude...all I said is if Rio de Janeiro is home to Barao, Las Vegas is home to TJ.

Cool that he admitted to it. Fighting with a concussion sucks. Full on BJ Penn mode.

What a terrible corner he has then

Barao really wasn't outclassed the entire fight, he simply got caught in the first round by a punch. Then his coaches who were well aware he was concussed and didn't know what was going on decided anyway to let him continue to get pummeled for 20 more minutes, taking repeated punches and kicks to the head until he got knocked out

Its either a piss poor excuse or his entire corner should be fired and banned from ever coaching again. Part of their job is their fighters safety. A part they seem to have no problem publicly admitting they intentionally ignored that responsibility. Fans of Barao should be furious at his coaches and corner if they believe this right?

Do you live in the "invention of lying" movie, or are you just autistic?
People judge what people say, and read between the lines, based on context (like asking if TJ is "man enough" to accept a rematch in Brazil). To top it of, Brazilians already have a reputation for their excuses and inability to accept facts.
Oh, and that's not me saying so, that seems to be a general thought. The same way I was generalizing about how people might see Pedenaires statement, I never said that I specifically thought so. Although that was implied. Which means you did what you think I shouldn't.

See there? You just admitted that you generalized based on personal prejudice. Don't thank me, I'm like Socrates.

Your screen name is very fitting. Just for the record, I'm not a "sports fan". The only sport I watch is MMA. Everything else is zzzzzzz. I'm fully aware of what "home field advantage" means. I just don't think it matters that much. Aside from the long trip and some jetlag, what advantage would it give Barao? Brazilians chanting "You're gonna die"??? They were doing that Saturday night and got quiet real quick after TJ floored Renan. Please show me some stats where having the home field advantage mattered in an MMA fight.

You don't think it matters. Barao's team think it does. In fact, it matter so much that in any sport, the concept of home field advantage is used. But of, it's okay that you don't think it matters. There's a difference btw your opinion, and that of a professional fighting team and generally accepted belief in any sports for that matter.

You don't think it matters. Barao's team think it does. In fact, it matter so much that in any sport, the concept of home field advantage is used. But of, it's okay that you don't think it matters. There's a difference btw your opinion, and that of a professional fighting team and generally accepted belief in any sports for that matter.

So, other than "Baraos team says so", you have no stats to prove that having the home field advantage matters in an MMA fight? You sounded pretty knowledgeable being a "sports fan" and all. Guess not. I will say this though. I can only assume it would add more pressure on the fighter if he/she is fighting in front of their hometown crowd. The fear of letting all your fans down. But, these are professional fighters at the elite level. I highly doubt they get bothered by it. Barao hasnt fought in Brazil since 2005. He did pretty damn good being thousands of miles away from home. Didn't seem to bother Hendo when he KO'd Shogun in Brazil. So much for home field advantage huh?

So, other than "Baraos team says so", you have no stats to prove that having the home field advantage matters in an MMA fight? You sounded pretty knowledgeable being a "sports fan" and all. Guess not. I will say this though. I can only assume it would add more pressure on the fighter if he/she is fighting in front of their hometown crowd. The fear of letting all your fans down. But, these are professional fighters at the elite level. I highly doubt they get bothered by it. Barao hasnt fought in Brazil since 2005. He did pretty damn good being thousands of miles away from home. Didn't seem to bother Hendo when he KO'd Shogun in Brazil. So much for home field advantage huh?

no. there's no stats to prove it.

but Barao's team think it plays a factor.

we're not talking exact science.

We're taking the opinion of a professional fight team versus a part-time forum poster on sherdog.

I'm not saying anyone's right. I'm just saying be open-minded about it. After all, they are the pros.

That's what I thought while the fight. Same thing happened in Sylvia/Couture and plenty of other fights. Shogun/Jones, etc.

Yeah I thought so, he looked lost in the later rounds and at no point did he fight with any kind of urgency.

Back