Bar

Thank you for agreeing with me. Reaching is bad. Take people's words for what they are.

Do you live in the "invention of lying" movie, or are you just autistic?
People judge what people say, and read between the lines, based on context (like asking if TJ is "man enough" to accept a rematch in Brazil). To top it of, Brazilians already have a reputation for their excuses and inability to accept facts.
Oh, and that's not me saying so, that seems to be a general thought. The same way I was generalizing about how people might see Pedenaires statement, I never said that I specifically thought so. Although that was implied. Which means you did what you think I shouldn't.

Did you get hacked, or did you leave your PC on and someone else posted this?

Do you have some sort of inability to understand basic english modifiers?
Prefixing it with "essentially", means that he didn't actually say so, but that he might as well have.

Prefixing it with "essentially", means that he didn't actually say so, but that he might as well have.

Interesting lesson, champ. Perhaps while you're at it, you could tell me what "or anything to that effect" means?

How are people calling it an excuse if Barao is saying he never recovered from the punch TJ hit him with? Isn't that like, exactly what happened?

You realize that "essentially" isn't actually an example of prefixing right?

Interesting lesson, champ. Perhaps while you're at it, you could tell me what "or anything to that effect" means?

Depends on how much you are willing to pay. I disseminate way too much knowledge here for free already. :icon_chee

You realize that "essentially" isn't actually an example of prefixing right?

Not entirely correct.
Grammatically speaking, it isn't an example of a prefix, no.
However, "prefixing" in a general sense means "To put or attach before or in front of."
I can see how you got confused, though. Perhaps I should have used "prepend", instead.

How are people calling it an excuse if Barao is saying he never recovered from the punch TJ hit him with? Isn't that like, exactly what happened?

People just want to hate, apparently.

Not really correct.
Grammatically speaking, it isn't an example of a prefix, no.
However, "prefixing" in a general sense means "To put or attach before or in front of."

If i'm not entirely correct then neither are you; but it's rare to be entirely correct with English grammar anyways. In a literal and grammatical sense "prefixing" regards to adding a prefix on a word. If you mean the word "essentially" was acting as a prefix, I suppose that's one way of looking at it. I was just trying to bust your balls for bringing grammar into an MMA forum haha. It's cool though. I accept your knowledge .

Tim Sylvia said the same thing about his fight with Handy after he got cracked in the opening seconds of the fight.

Seriously he was outclassed from the opening bell and comes out with I was on auto pilot from the first round when he got dropped why won't he just say that TJ was the better fighter there was no way he was on "auto pilot" if he was he would have looked like zombie JDS when he fought Cain for the 3rd time. anyone else dislike when fighters who lose make excuses for there loss?

Seriously he was outclassed from the opening bell and comes out with I was on auto pilot from the first round when he got dropped why won't he just say that TJ was the better fighter there was no way he was on "auto pilot" if he was he would have looked like zombie JDS when he fought Cain for the 3rd time. anyone else dislike when fighters who lose make excuses for there loss?

c1c755893bffcb18d5d55d29f7211e55394f8aab4a0eb5c3e1b8c1cf26fa3f24.jpg

I feel embarrassed not for Barao but for his management wanting a rematch... In Brazil... after getting dominated...

that's not really even an excuse, to be honest.

If I were you, I'd go to dictionary.com and type in "reason" and "excuse". They're two different things and a lot of people seem to get them mixed up. Barao took full ownership for his loss.

In a way it isn't but he still used it . I agree that his management is the main reason for the rematch talk but in to be fair when you get outclassed like he did congratulate the other fighter and wait for what's next .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back