Bar

When Zombie-mode Barao is in the octagon, bad things happen.

Zombie-barao won't show up in the next fight. Mark it.

Im glad he didnt come out with the usual "All my bones were broken during camp and i had a cold coming into this fight" nonsense we've heard a lot lately.

In other words he had a concussion.

These fighters better hope neuroscience advances rapidly or they're going to have some problems.

Right? That he and JDS's corners let them keep fighting in that state is an embarrassment. Which sucks cause I like both guys a lot and will hate to see them slurring like Chuck does now.

That's not an excuse at all.

Barao is acknowledging that TJ's power and TJ's ability to land that power is of way higher level than he anticipated. It's not like he willingly ate that shot to "test his power" or anything, he got outstruck, and rocked because of it.

In the next fight, Barao will have to come out with a different approach altogether, or else... well, he already knows what will happen.

I bet, it looked like he literally got knocked out cold there but the fall woke him up

Barao is a badass, thats a good autopilot

Barao is a class act, hope he beats TJ in a rematch

This is what I thought when watching the fight.

It seemed like he was trying to figure out TJs rhythm early on or was waiting for TJs footwork/head movement to slow down a little before he tried to fight his fight but got caught badly.
After getting rocked he was too hurt to be able to fight his fight.

TJ looked outstanding throughout the fight though. I expected his footwork and head movement to slow down as the fight went on but it didn't slow down much. His first round did look alot better than the other movement wise though. I felt as if he was a little too confident and started standing in front of Barao too much. I was getting upset because I didn't want him to blow it but his head movement made him hard to hit even in the pocket, and since Barao was hurt he couldn't faze TJ with his punches.

TJ looked as if he took 5 years to train nothing but stand up since his last fight, and it was only a few months ago. I hope he can keep this level of stand up into his future fights.

he didn't overlook anyone, he got hit by a good punch. shit happens in a fight.

This. And TJ performed incredibly and employed an exceptional game plan. My guess is that if Barao had not been so completely wobbled in round one he may have been able to make adjustments during the fight that would have made it more competitive - but it is what it is and TJ deservedly won the belt. Will be a very interesting rematch - especially as Dede is such an exceptional coach/gameplan maker. It will certainly be hugely interesting.

Jack Slack writes a great round up but I recommend the article he wrote before the fight (linked to in this article) were he outlines the gameplan needed to beat Barao - one that TJ utilised with expert accuracy
http://fightland.vice.com/blog/how-tj-dillashaw-killed-the-king

He probably had a concussion, honestly. The guy was KO'd by that shot and his head hitting the mat woke him up. Props to him for lasting as long as he did. Barao is a tough fuck.

Basically out yet had enough sense for head movement, combinations, takedown attempts, listening to his corner, etc.

"Basically"...the same thing? lol

He didnt listen to anything his corner said, it was confirmed severel times already.

Get the fuck out.

In other words he had a concussion.

These fighters better hope neuroscience advances rapidly or they're going to have some problems.

They have a lot less to worry about than boxers, kickboxers, and NFL players. Read some of Gary Goodridge's quotes about his brain problems, he said MMA didn't do much to hurt his brain but kickboxing did.

Thanks for the link. Good read.

Barao overlooked this kid and paid for it with his belt. TJ wont have the element of surprise next time around and will give that belt back to its rightful owner.

Excuses Excuses

At least Barautopilot is a humble man.

I look forward to both gentlemens' next fights.

Basically out yet had enough sense for head movement, combinations, takedown attempts, listening to his corner, etc.

"Basically"...the same thing? lol

I don't remember seeing any takedown attempts, which is something his corner asked of him.

i really hope their isnt an immediate rematch, i hate them unless their is a controversial stoppage in a close fight, or a clear robbery (which doesnt happen alot)

Back