Bane vs Joker

Joker wins, he doesn't care to die. He would just blow them both up with the grenades in his jacket.

Joker wins, he doesn't care to die. He would just blow them both up with the grenades in his jacket.

That's not winning then lol. That's a stalemate, in fact more of a loss to Joker since it's obvious he couldn't get the job done.

Bunch of Joker fanboys in here...

I consider Goku to be the GOAT in anime, but realize when he can get his ass kicked and all. The Joker fanboys can't seem to live with the thought of the Joker losing. Next they'll say Joker can beat the Presence and shit.

That's not winning then lol. That's a stalemate, in fact more of a loss to Joker since it's obvious he couldn't get the job done.

Bunch of Joker fanboys in here...

I consider Goku to be the GOAT in anime, but realize when he can get his ass kicked and all. The Joker fanboys can't seem to live with the thought of the Joker losing. Next they'll say Joker can beat the Presence and shit.
Let's not embarrass ourselves.

Your argument for Bane is he's just a bigger and better fighter, right? Let him bang bro? No one's nullifying that -- it's just a weak argument. Name-calling won't convince anyone of anything, will it, dummy?

Let's not embarrass ourselves.

Your argument for Bane is he's just a bigger and better fighter, right? Let him bang bro? No one's nullifying that -- it's just a weak argument. Name-calling won't convince anyone of anything, will it, dummy?

You haven't payed attention to a single thing I've said....

Nolanverse Bane has BETTER feats in EVERY DEPT than Joker.

Joker with prep time: stole from a bank, captured two hostages, took two ships hostage, crashed a party, blew up a hospital, & tricked some crime bosses.

Bane with prep time: Took the entire city hostage (millions), nearly killed Batman, took money out of the stock exchange (a lot harder to do than a bank"), put every cop underground, blew up a football stadium, brought complete anarchy into the entire city and released every prisoner from prison, & even stole a freaking nuke.

Again, where does Joker outdo Bane?

Being crazy/insane ≠ automatic win.

If that were true, Krazy Horse would be the featherweigth champ :rolleyes:.

Joker with prep time: stole from a bank, captured two hostages, took two ships hostage, crashed a party, blew up a hospital, & tricked some crime bosses.

Bane with prep time: Took the entire city hostage (millions), nearly killed Batman, took money out of the stock exchange (a lot harder to do than a bank"), put every cop underground, blew up a football stadium, brought complete anarchy into the entire city and released every prisoner from prison, & even stole a freaking nuke.

the man's got a point.

to those who say joker wouldn't hesitate to shoot Bane...well bane also was ready to shoot Batman in the fucking face with a shotgun while he was tied up so my thought is it's not exactly one of those matchups where we could say "oh bane's honor in fighting fair would make him lose to joker." no because they're both fucked up and both willing to use shady tactics to get the job done. not just nolanverse too. bane released all the whackos from arkham first in the comics i believe because he knew batman would gas having to deal with all them. then he attacked batman while he was at his weakest mentally and physically...

i see the same thing- i dont see Joker winning in any single department. better characterization, more memorable performance- thats about it. and hell hardy was nearly as good as bane in my opinion but wont get a single precursor award nor major award nomination. dont get me wrong ledger was amazing but i thought hardy was great too.

Surprise!

Achievement.

Despite what you call his smaller scale, Joker did everything he set out to do, and what he set out to do was subvert everything.

Bane wanted to destroy Gotham and Batman. Fail.

I'm sure by now you realize you've utterly missed my point.

not wanting a boxing match is not cowardice.

He is not that sort of bad guy.

With your stupid ass logic, batman is also a coward due to the fact he hides in the shadows, uses millions of pounds worth of equipment to help him fight, and does everything he can to not get caught by the police.

Wasnt Banes masterplan all the doing of Tanya?

whos to say. many construe the ending as showing bane as a lapdog but to be quite honest bane is integral to that plan. without bane at any single step of the way that plan fails. and why? because the rest of the league of nation errr shadows- sucks. they're just bodies to get beaten down by Batman who presumably underwent the same training as them but is leagues and leagues better.

it never outright explicates whose plan it was. for all we know it is both Bane's and Talia's. I think the critical factor there is that both Bane and Talia BUY INTO the league's work. and they had little reason to do so. Talia disliked her father because of his treatment of Bane and Bane was excommunicated. the fact that they are so hell-bent on destroying Gotham shows that they were legit indoctrinated into that belief that the order must restore the balance and destroy overly decadent societies, etc.

my thought is that even if Talia was the mastermind, Bane was still heavily involved in the planning and Bane WAS the execution.

Surprise!

Achievement.

Despite what you call his smaller scale, Joker did everything he set out to do, and what he set out to do was subvert everything.

Bane wanted to destroy Gotham and Batman. Fail.

I'm sure by now you realize you've utterly missed my point.

and yet as soon as Bats and Gordo had Batman take the fall, Dent's legacy grew and Gotham went into a period of more order and stability than it ever might have with Dent alive. so really one can only view Joker's achievement at that point as making it so Bruce had to retire as Batman. and even then- conscious choice on Bruce's part because he felt he was no longer needed in the hero role. scapegoat role was the one that he took on.

Joker did kill Batman's ex-girlfriend though which single-handedly may have fucked up his mindset more than any other shitty event in Nolan trilogy. i mean it made Bruce a recluse for eight years for christ's sake. so points for that.

not wanting a boxing match is not cowardice.

He is not that sort of bad guy.

With your stupid ass logic, batman is also a coward due to the fact he hides in the shadows, uses millions of pounds worth of equipment to help him fight, and does everything he can to not get caught by the police.

Well if bane walked up to the Joker ready to throw down, the Joker is gonna turn and run is he not? Yes its the smart thing to do but it aint brave now is it? Use whatever adjective you want and stop clogging the thread by weakly arguing about single words in the op.

and yet as soon as Bats and Gordo had Batman take the fall, Dent's legacy grew and Gotham went into a period of more order and stability than it ever might have with Dent alive.
Incorrect. Peacetime was all built on a lie that blew up in their faces when Bane exposed it. Who forced honest men of integrity to lie?

Joker.

Joker did kill Batman's ex-girlfriend though which single-handedly may have fucked up his mindset more than any other shitty event in Nolan trilogy. i mean it made Bruce a recluse for eight years for christ's sake. so points for that.
Shityeah.

Incorrect. Peacetime was all built on a lie that blew up in their faces when Bane exposed it. Who forced honest men of integrity to lie?

Joker.

Yep.
And he made a good honest man a killer. Not just any man, but Gothams white Knight. Again, this is what Joker set out to do,

Well if bane walked up to the Joker ready to throw down, the Joker is gonna turn and run is he not? Yes its the smart thing to do but it aint brave now is it? Use whatever adjective you want and stop clogging the thread by weakly arguing about single words in the op.

No, staying to fight would be stupid. He would know there would be no point in a one on one.

Being stupid and suicidal is different to being brave.

You don't seriously disagree with this do you?

And saying I am weakly arguing this makes you seem very retarded.

No, staying to fight would be stupid. He would know there would be no point in a one on one.

Being stupid and suicidal is different to being brave.

You don't seriously disagree with this do you?

And saying I am weakly arguing this makes you seem very retarded.

Why would staying to fight be stupid? You are assuming once again that Bane is this invincible fighting machine despite the fact that an old and broken down Batman beats seven shades of shit out of him. There are many forms of bravery, and regardless of how you spin it turning and running away from a one on one fight is cowardly, smart perhaps but cowardly nonetheless, also turning to name calling is rather sad and says alot about your intellect.

A brave man acknowledges the strength of others.

Joker running away from a one on one with Bane would be the intelligent thing to do. Where is the cowardice in that?

Not very clever are you kid.

A brave man acknowledges the strength of others.

Joker running away from a one on one with Bane would be the intelligent thing to do. Where is the cowardice in that?

Not very clever are you kid.

Ive already agreed that its the smart thing to do, are you actually trying to say that turning and running away from a fight is NOT cowardly? If you can explain that by all means do so.

Back