Backyard Tapout Fighter Vs. Jiu-Jitsu Competitor

so funny watching that. any bjj practitioner can tell what youre going to try as youre setting it up. i was nearly crying with the omoplata at the end. also, did that guy not know ANY triangle escapes?!

I think it's good of you to give them a visit. I'm pretty sure their eyes have been opened to what level they were at, and what level they could be capable of.

It's always nice to get owned by somebody better than you. Makes you want to strive to do better!

I'm sure there's 13 pages of turgid nonsense between me and the start of this thread, but if the OP is still reading, was it just a simple guillotine you got him with around the 50sec mark? Or were you using a different grip, etc?

I'm sure there's 13 pages of turgid nonsense between me and the start of this thread, but if the OP is still reading, was it just a simple guillotine you got him with around the 50sec mark? Or were you using a different grip, etc?

im pretty sure it was a standard guillotine. im not 100% sure

I like the Simpsons too.

:confused:

And dirtypablo, the difference between Pros vs. Joes is that those guys seek it out. We'd have a completely different situation if these backyard grapplers showed up at a grappling school trying to prove something.

There are countless people who talk trash about professionals in every sport. The only reason you take note of grapplers is because you happen to be a grappler... but don't think for a minute that the same thing doesn't happen in virtually every other sport, by the same drunken idiots who talk shit at sports bars.

The argument is pointless, regardless. No one is going to have their minds changed.

Disagree with your whole line of thinking. Your reasoning is simply flawed. While Sean is a good purple belt I do not consider him a Pro. Pros in professional sports are in the 1 percentile. That would equate Sean to being a high level Black Belt, which he isn't. He isn't Jacare or Marcelo Garcia going to some guy's house. Relax a little.

Disagree with your whole line of thinking. Your reasoning is simply flawed. While Sean is a good purple belt I do not consider him a Pro. Pros in professional sports are in the 1 percentile. That would equate Sean to being a high level Black Belt, which he isn't. He isn't Jacare or Marcelo Garcia going to some guy's house. Relax a little.

I don't agree with the other guy...and He should relax a little..but a pro is anyone that gets paid. There are professional MMA fighters outside the UFC who are nowhere near close to being Anderson Silva. If you fight in competitions and you get paid to win and you get sponsors you can consider yourself a professional. (its really the only thing we have right now)

Last edited:

Not sure what you're talking about here. Normally, a sport's governing authority will have a licensing system, and will issue professional licenses to athletes based on any number of criteria which they have set out, which allows them to compete in professional events. Jiu jitsu in the US has no system like that, but I assure if they did any competitive black belt would qualify.

I don't agree with the other guy...and He should relax a little..but a pro is anyone that gets paid. There are professional MMA fighters outside the UFC who are nowhere near close to being Anderson Silva. If you fight in competitions and you get paid to win and you get sponsors you can consider yourself a professional. (its really the only thing we have right now)

Sh!t Rotzee there are "professional MMA fighters" that you would mop the floor with!!!!

I had one guy who had a bit of college wrestling and i got him a pro fight that he got crushed in....... no joke, two weeks after he asked if i could set up a shirt signing for him, you know, cause he was a pro MMA fighter and all.:icon_neut

Sh!t Rotzee there are "professional MMA fighters" that you would mop the floor with!!!!

I had one guy who had a bit of college wrestling and i got him a pro fight that he got crushed in....... no joke, two weeks after he asked if i could set up a shirt signing for him, you know, cause he was a pro MMA fighter and all.:icon_neut

HAHA I know, exactly my point. Saying Sean was a Pro Jiu-Jitsu fighter didn't mean he was some Elitist. It just means he did it professionally.

Let me clarify.

He was comparing NBA players and NFL players (or something like that). They are top level Pros.

You have professional basketball players playing in Europe, South America, and Africa. There are different levels of professionals here. But when you are comparing NBA/NFL, then IMO, that is a top level athlete (see top percentile). Therefore, Sean is not the same level in his respective sport as a NBA/NFL player and it doesn't make sense comparing him to them going to some guy's house.

People are too sensitive on this forum.

I don't see anything wrong with TS or the thread.

The one armed single leg shot at 1:13 was somewhat funny. Shawn had wrist control on one wrist but he still tried the shot.

This video is almost 2 years old but its good for laughs. My friend and I were surfing the internet looking for those backyard fightclubs on Youtube where the people think they know how to do jiu-jitsu and do MMA but just plain suck. Annoying right? We came across a backyard fight video that made us laugh soooooo hard but after looking through a few videos they showed a video of one of their guys tapping a so called jiu-jitsu fighter. Turns out that the fight club was about 25 minutes away from our jiu-jitsu academy. So we contacted them and they told us to show up that day.

Little did they know that we were gonna show up with our gi pants and shirts that we got from competing in jiu-jitsu tournaments.

I had just gotten my purple belt a few months before this video was taken.

1:49 gets armlocked finally taps and asks "what was that?" and i reply
2:13 epic faceplant from a failed kneebar

Dude actually seemed cool about getting owned. Did they come and train after?

as much as i hate these fake backyard guys

Im actually going to say this guy was alright. in bottom side mount he was trying to move his hips and he had his hand on the bjj guys hips.

hey if you are a purple belt that is some high level grappling and time spent on mat you should be able to manhandle anyone with no training

if give backyard guys 6 months in a real bjj club woudl do wonders for them

<<<Finds it hilarious that every time one of the videos of backyard "MMA-ers" is posted or people posting poor instructionals comes across the forum everyone always gets on their elitist trip. Everyone posts about how much the kids suck and how they wish someone with some knowledge would show up and roll with them or they should go roll with someone at a legit school.
Now Sean gives everyone what they were asking for and people bitch about that.
This video could have been a whole lot uglier if it were anyone other than Sean and Dan who showed up to their club.
You guys need to get off your high horse and step back and take a look at what you are really whining about.
Seriously? This video gets you this upset?
I would love to live in whatever dream world you do where this is such an atrocity against mankind.

LOL WTF? I wouldn't even know how to respond to something like that.

Most awesome thing I've ever heard.

Back