Backyard Tapout Fighter Vs. Jiu-Jitsu Competitor

Sean-Roberts

Blue Belt
Reaction score
This video is almost 2 years old but its good for laughs. My friend and I were surfing the internet looking for those backyard fightclubs on Youtube where the people think they know how to do jiu-jitsu and do MMA but just plain suck. Annoying right? We came across a backyard fight video that made us laugh soooooo hard but after looking through a few videos they showed a video of one of their guys tapping a so called jiu-jitsu fighter. Turns out that the fight club was about 25 minutes away from our jiu-jitsu academy. So we contacted them and they told us to show up that day.

Little did they know that we were gonna show up with our gi pants and shirts that we got from competing in jiu-jitsu tournaments.

I had just gotten my purple belt a few months before this video was taken.

1:49 gets armlocked finally taps and asks "what was that?" and i reply
2:13 epic faceplant from a failed kneebar

Last edited:
HAHAHAHA what happened after that? Did they decide to actually start training or anything?

lol

only thing i hate about those kinda deals (i've "rolled" with people who thought they "trained" before) is they go crazy w/ the leg locks...which they obviously don't know....really gotta watch an accidental crazy angle full bore heel hook....

This video is almost 2 years old but its good for laughs. My friend and I were surfing the internet looking for those backyard fightclubs on Youtube where the people think they know how to do jiu-jitsu and do MMA but just plain suck. Annoying right? We came across a backyard fight video that made us laugh soooooo hard but after looking through a few videos they showed a video of one of their guys tapping a so called jiu-jitsu fighter. Turns out that the fight club was about 25 minutes away from our jiu-jitsu academy. So we contacted them and they told us to show up that day.

Little did they know that we were gonna show up with our gi pants and shirts that we got from competing in jiu-jitsu tournaments.

HAHAHA nice.

I love rolling with cocky guys that have never rolled with someone who actually trains seriously.

Nice work.
You gotta give the kid some credit for being able to roll for a while and for rolling against someone above his level, he seemed cool about it.
It was probably like rolling with any beginner white belt from your school, right?

What is especially bothersome was realizing that jigsaw mats suck. I've never used one and this one didn't look like it was holding together too well.

The funny thing is the guy probably went back and bragged about how he "almost tapped you with a leglock" and that "he totally had trouble getting me".

the guy was obviously watching the wrong youtube instructionals, he needs to stick to basic youtube BJJ if he wants to do better

No, I find it way more annoying when a purple belt brags about beating up noobs.

lol

only thing i hate about those kinda deals (i've "rolled" with people who thought they "trained" before) is they go crazy w/ the leg locks...which they obviously don't know....really gotta watch an accidental crazy angle full bore heel hook....

ayeee

holy kneebar batman . . . cringed a little at that.

No, I find it way more annoying when a purple belt brags about beating up noobs.

I don't think at all that he 'beat him up'. He simply enlightened him that he should be training with an instructor. I think he took it easy on him.

nice vid. kinda looks like the guy has some limited wrestling/grappling experience, but his bjj is as others put it, youtube instructionals. but overall looks like both parties were cool about it and that's a good thing.

very funny, handled it qell and i think he would have learned a lot

i predcit at least 10 idiots come into this thread crying about your treatment of this guy...

1 down, 9 to go

I actually enjoy watching Higher level Jiu-Jitsu vs Lower Level a lot more than high level vs high level. Its just funner to watch sometimes.

That video showed what bjj is all about. That's some BB material right there. Excellent work Sean.

TS why are you belittling the guy you are grappling against? He looks like a guy that is just new to bjj. I mean if he had been a total prick and spaz I could understand, but instead you are coming off as a douchebag who wants to humiliate someone.

The only dick move I see him doing is slamming you.
You where obviously the better grappler, he seemed to be respectful to you as well, so why not just leave it at that? What did he do that made decide to post him on Sherdog?

This is a nice controlled grappling match but all that matters is how fast and strong you transisitions are.

Why don't you grapple with an evenly matched person at full speed and tape it? That would be something to talk about.

Im sorry but I laugh at BJJ guys who think they can pull the shit they do in the gym with sparring partners against the variables of strangers.

Back