Autistic Teen Found Guilty of ‘Hate Crime’ for Asking Police Officer’s Sex; Autism Group Condemns It

Yeah but then the officer couldn't of claimed victim status.

<seedat>

I know. That's the sadness of it all. This type of behaviour is extremely counterproductive to their cause. It really helps no one.

That's not how allergies work.
Maybe. They've done studies on the Amish and people who live alongside animals. They tend to have less allergies. My kids daycare dies that and the kids are basically allergy, atopic and asthma free.

Sometimes they are not but in this case someone actually got fined for merely asking an impolite question so I'd say at least in this case it is.

I love talking politics and religion but I actually disagree here. I think the taboo against it might be taking it too far but in general people should avoid polarizing topics with others that they don't have a deep rapport with and both politics and religion are as polarizing as it gets.

Free spe
Most of the developed world is like that.

Yeah, slight freedom only exists in the USA.

As a rule, I try not to talk to the Pigs at all, ever.

- high functioning autist -

Wtf is this bullshit! Horrible horrible series of events. Having worked in mental health and knowing autistic people this kid meant no harm

Sometimes they are not but in this case someone actually got fined for merely asking an impolite question so I'd say at least in this case it is.

The reporting on this is inconsistent.
The differences in narrative hinge on whether the autistic 19 year old was genuinely confused, given that he wasn't actually asking anyone the question but just shouting it out.
Impossible to judge which account is accurate without knowing just how functional or socially handicapped he is.

24040872-0-image-a-54_1580315419226.jpg

Likewise the source of his confusion.

24037754-7943259-PCSO_Connor_Freel-a-55_1580315419233.jpg

Last edited:
Wtf is this bullshit! Horrible horrible series of events. Having worked in mental health and knowing autistic people this kid meant no harm
Who cares even if he meant harm? We don't need police reacting this way. Or even between citizens. We don't need laws prohibiting speech in this way

Who cares even if he meant harm? We don't need police reacting this way. Or even between citizens. We don't need laws prohibiting speech in this way

Well, it's the UK. I mean technically we even have offensive language laws (prohibiting the public use of "offensive language") here in Oz, except the high courts ruled that as a matter of practicality there's no such thing in Australia. That was after a man was arrested for going around wearing a billboard with "Tony you cunt...", referring to then PM Tony Abbott. Likewise when a man was arrested for telling the police to, "“Get fucked you cunts, I’m trying to help my mate”".

You take that back, eh!

(Sorry)
To be fair the UK started this leftist nonsense first but Canada has ramped it up in very short order to catch up in the pathetic Olympics. What Trudeau and cabinet have achieved as far as this is absolutely astonishing. This story could just as easily been from here, and Canada is getting worse by the day.

I get your point but I do believe there should be some limits on language - nothing hateful or anything that incites violence/hatred. None of that here

I get your point but I do believe there should be some limits on language - nothing hateful or anything that incites violence/hatred. None of that here
Yea, butc that's actively inciting violence. Like saying let's Lynch these people. Or hey let's go round up some whatever group and kill them. That's a world of difference from what this is.

Yea, butc that's actively inciting violence. Like saying let's Lynch these people. Or hey let's go round up some whatever group and kill them. That's a world of difference from what this is.
Exactly, context is always always important. This is an autistic man asking a question framed in what would be usually an inappropriate manner - obviously he doesn't have the ability to understand this. Poor fella

The reporting on this is inconsistent.
The differences in narrative hinge on whether the autistic 19 year old was genuinely confused, given that he wasn't actually asking anyone the question but just shouting it out.
Impossible to judge which account is accurate without knowing just how functional or socially handicapped he is.

24040872-0-image-a-54_1580315419226.jpg

Likewise the source of his confusion.

24037754-7943259-PCSO_Connor_Freel-a-55_1580315419233.jpg
The fact that he wasn't asking anyone and just shouting it out speaks volumes in itself. Hell, I'd wonder if that POS was male or female too, however I don't give enough of a shit to ask. That so called officer looks like Greta Thunberg with a beard.

https://www.womenarehuman.com/autis...ficers-sex-autism-group-condemns-prosecution/

UK – Mold, North Wales. A disability charity has condemned the prosecution of a teenage boy with Asperger’s for asking if a transgender police officer “was a boy or a girl”. Declan Armstrong, 19, was convicted of using abusive or insulting words to cause harassment. According to Judge Roger Lowe, the public order offence was uplifted to medium-level due to its transphobic nature.

He was put under night-time curfew and ordered to pay £590, including £200 compensation to Police Community Support Officer Connor Freel, 25, who was born female but identifies as male. The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) called the incident a ‘hate crime’. Edward Marsh of the CPS said: “Comments deliberately targeting a person in this way have no place in modern society.” Now disability rights group Action for Asperger’s has condemned the prosection and called for the courts to think again when dealing with people with disorders such as Autism and Asperger’s.

{<huh}

<{outtahere}>
Whats he white?

Exactly, context is always always important. This is an autistic man asking a question framed in what would be usually an inappropriate manner - obviously he doesn't have the ability to understand this. Poor fella
Still even if he did mean it to be mean who has the right to fine ir punish you for what you say? That's scary imho

Or he did and he just didn't care. Aspies are natural born edgelords.

Back