ATTN Punk Rock Fans

Hillary you are totally on either my facebook or my myspace...lol small world. My instructor Eduardo saw you kicking some guys ass in a Grove City, Ohio NAGA tournament and got my attention, I think I have a picture of it somewhere lol.

Call me a stalker but.......i definitely have a pic lol.

380918-R1-038-17A_019-1.jpg

ahaha one of my old trainers is reffing and i'm at the judges table.

win.

Awesome. I'm looking to pick one up. Are they printed on American Apparel t-shirts? It looks to be but I just want to confirm.

Awesome. I'm looking to pick one up. Are they printed on American Apparel t-shirts? It looks to be but I just want to confirm.

No, they're a little cheaper and solid gray. AA was charging too much for blanks.

Pretty cool shirt. A group of us at my gym were Punks (My instructor for one) way back when, still are today. Me in the 90s and the other guys in the 70s/80s. Actually we took a BJJ field trip to see The Adicts/Agent Orange a few weeks ago and Battalion of Saints the other night. Agent Orange is playing a secret show here in SD and UK Subs are coming out as well.

But seriously, VA/DC punk/hardcore will always trounce pretty much everything; except maybe some of the Boston Hardcore scene.

I don't agree.

While DC and Boston had many great bands like Threat, Brains, SS Decontrol, Pailhead, DYS, etc. LA/SD/SF and NYC had many great bands as well. Look at LA alone with Black Flag, Minuteman, Circle Jerks, Adolescents, Descendents, TSOL, Youth Brigade, Angry Samoans, Suicidal Tendencies, and hell if you include Oxnard than the whole Nardcore movement with Dr. Know, Ill Repute, Agression, etc.

I don't agree.

While DC and Boston had many great bands like Threat, Brains, SS Decontrol, Pailhead, DYS, etc. LA/SD/SF and NYC had many great bands as well. Look at LA alone with Black Flag, Minuteman, Circle Jerks, Adolescents, Descendents, TSOL, Youth Brigade, Angry Samoans, Suicidal Tendencies, and hell if you include Oxnard than the whole Nardcore movement with Dr. Know, Ill Repute, Agression, etc.

I was never much of an NYHC fan but I'll give you Youth Brigade/Black Flag/Circle Jerks.

Richmond/D.C. punk and hardcore though has supplied (on top of what you listed): Strike Anywhere, First Blood, Avail, Municipal Waste, Down To Nothing, BraceWar, Smoke or Fire, Inquisition, Swamp Thing and a lot of other great bands.

I'm super bias because I'm from the area, so take what I say with a grain of salt, because I do of course love stuff from damn near anywhere as long as it's good. Except for Sick of It All type NYHC stuff that just ends like sound like a monkey banging a mic against a wall.

I was never much of an NYHC fan but I'll give you Youth Brigade/Black Flag/Circle Jerks.

Richmond/D.C. punk and hardcore though has supplied (on top of what you listed): Strike Anywhere, First Blood, Avail, Municipal Waste, Down To Nothing, BraceWar, Smoke or Fire, Inquisition, Swamp Thing and a lot of other great bands.

I'm super bias because I'm from the area, so take what I say with a grain of salt, because I do of course love stuff from damn near anywhere as long as it's good. Except for Sick of It All type NYHC stuff that just ends like sound like a monkey banging a mic against a wall.

You dont like the Cro-Mags....NOOOOOOOO. Some of they train with Renzo

I don't agree.

Good thread.
IMHO Black Flag is the greatest band of all time.
LA, NYC, DC, Cleveland, Boston, SF, Socal all have made huge contributions to punk/HC. Even Texas (Big Boys, DRI, Dicks, MDC)

Also the best pizza I have ever had in my life was in Oxnard. This includes NYC and Chicago.

No, they're a little cheaper and solid gray. AA was charging too much for blanks.

Argh. AA shirts can be washed and washed and still maintain their "integrity." Ah well, I'll still pick one up. Thanks!

In order from oldest to newest... Black Flag, Chain of Strength, Inside Out, Unbroken. I've lived in the DC area for 24 years. California wins.

Good thread.
IMHO Black Flag is the greatest band of all time.
LA, NYC, DC, Cleveland, Boston, SF, Socal all have made huge contributions to punk/HC. Even Texas (Big Boys, DRI, Dicks, MDC)

Also the best pizza I have ever had in my life was in Oxnard. This includes NYC and Chicago.
Wow, cool. I'm from Austin, and Big Boys are legends in Texas. The LA scene was massive in the 80's, but personally I like the old NYC punk bands the best like the Velvet Underground, the Talking Heads, and the New York Dolls.

You dont like the Cro-Mags....NOOOOOOOO. Some of they train with Renzo

It's not like I don't like the Cro Mags haha, was just commenting on a little. I generally like most sorts of punk/hc.

My favorite bands aren't necessarily from my area, I just do tend to enjoy local stuff because the shows are always amazing with a local crowd.

I've been listening to a lot of Verse, Have Heart, Blacklisted, Killing The Dream, Warriors, Fucked Up, Modern Life Is War, and stuff like that lately.

I really need to organize my goddamn music and fix my external hard drive though (130gb is stuck on there and might be gone forever :( ).

Black flag>*

Watching old show footage of minor threat makes me sad I missed the time.
Didn't know some Cro mags guys train at renzo's.

It's not like I don't like the Cro Mags haha, was just commenting on a little. I generally like most sorts of punk/hc.

My favorite bands aren't necessarily from my area, I just do tend to enjoy local stuff because the shows are always amazing with a local crowd.

I've been listening to a lot of Verse, Have Heart, Blacklisted, Killing The Dream, Warriors, Fucked Up, Modern Life Is War, and stuff like that lately.

I really need to organize my goddamn music and fix my external hard drive though (130gb is stuck on there and might be gone forever :( ).
I really enjoy blacklisted. They would make me go into roid rage mode. BJJ calmed me down so much, I was an angry kid.

I really enjoy blacklisted. They would make me go into roid rage mode. BJJ calmed me down so much, I was an angry kid.

Blacklisted has some really great new stuff "Heavier than Heaven, Lonelier than God" is a terrific album; probably my favorite. The newest album is alright, not great but it's solid.

I'm much more a punk guy than the hardcore side. Give me The Ramones any day of the week.

Back