Athletic Comission Employee Doesn't know how to Operate a Scale?

I don't know about that.

Commercial and industrial scales can last decades. You don't discard scales because they stop reading accurately. An organization should have SOPs for scale calibration where they are either calibrated (cost of approximately $50 depending on the scale service provider) every 6 months to one year depending on the use and requirement of the industry.

Depends for what you are using them.. depends on the precision needed if something like 0.5% - 1% off is acceptable for large quantities etc etc.

Yea maintenance helps a ton but then again depends on the environment you are placing them.. each business thinks at every angle before deciding on what to buy.

Depends for what you are using them.. depends on the precision needed if something like 0.5% - 1% off is acceptable for large quantities etc etc.

Yea maintenance helps a ton but then again depends on the environment you are placing them.. each business thinks at every angle before deciding on what to buy.

If you run a legitimate business that has a HACCP program, maintenance isn't an option. You have to calibrate every year in order to stay compliant.

My best bet is these athletic commission scales don't get used often enough and are typically in very environmentally controlled environments and do not travel large distances. At least compared to actual manufacturers who would use them every day several times a day.

Just thinking, what would be the downside to the commission having a digital platform scale and call in a calibration lab the day before the event to calibrate their ONE scale? $50.

accurate to what degree though? I can only think of 2 reasons these scales are used: (1) they are the most accurate ones available or (2) they last the longest. They seem to be the standard in doctor offices and gym locker rooms as well.

my dr. and hospital uses digital scale..

Mechanical scales are very accurate, once they are calibrated they cannot easily be compromised. Electronic scales are less accurate and can be affected by temperature and moisture more easily.

Courtesy of Reddit

(I assume anyone that actually wants to know the answer to something types the question into Google, and not into a Sherdog post)

posting a thread, Id agree...but not for just asking a quick question.

I think everyone was overweight , the commission got bribed to let it slide. Remember how woodley lost a whole 1 lb by taking underwear off? What kind of underwear weighs a fucking pound? Bullshit They weigh 0.2lbs max. They all missed weight,the commission is out of control
Bullshit ,

posting a thread, Id agree...but not for just asking a quick question.

Typing it into Google is the same amount of effort with an instant response.

Not trying to give you a hard time here, this is a pet peeve of mine. When I want a complex or nuanced answer from a particular community I'll ask, but if I want to know a quick and simple answer to anything, I use Google.

I can't tell you how many times someone has asked a simple question on Sherdog, I've literally right clicked on the question they asked to search Google, and replied within seconds. They come back and say "thanks I didn't know that" and I think "neither did I until I spent three seconds searching Google".

Itt was a joke and shows complete ineptness.

You have one fucking job, one job!

Typing it into Google is the same amount of effort with an instant response.

Not trying to give you a hard time here, this is a pet peeve of mine. When I want a complex or nuanced answer from a particular community I'll ask, but if I want to know a quick and simple answer to anything, I use Google.

I can't tell you how many times someone has asked a simple question on Sherdog, I've literally right clicked on the question they asked to search Google, and replied within seconds. They come back and say "thanks I didn't know that" and I think "neither did I until I spent three seconds searching Google".

I have seen other times, where they have used digital scales at some ufc events...or other mma events. you can't tell me those digital scales are not 100% accurate.

I have seen other times, where they have used digital scales at some ufc events...or other mma events. you can't tell me those digital scales are not 100% accurate.

Personally, I think they're accurate enough, but I'm no scale expert.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back