Athletic Comission Employee Doesn't know how to Operate a Scale?

Just make them weigh in with a towel... at least WMMA. :eek:

Happens to the best of us
full

Looks like it could have been the scale. Everyone weighed in .5 lb increments, so my guess was he was 170.6 or something and then dropped to 170.4 and it just rounded down.

It wasn't his shorts and they dont call you T-WOOD for nothing

we are able to make nuclear weapons, i'm pretty sure they can make a scale that doesn't take 10 minutes to get a reading. and im sure the digital scales are accurate...
There is a reason why they still use those scales at weigh ins, in hospitals etc..

Just like when cormier cheated with the towel. There are bunch of amateurs in a lot of these commisions. Kind of crazy when so much can depend on them.

They know the cheating is going on. As long as it benefits them, they will ignore it.

I guess these old fasioned scales are still the most reliable and precise.

I think you are on to something. If I stand on my digital and change my pressure a bit it changes.
Maybe you can "manipulate" our weight a bit by how you stand on it?
just an uneducated guess.

why are they still using those old fashioned scales...why not use a digital scale..step on, get reading immediately...

Mechanical scales are very accurate, once they are calibrated they cannot easily be compromised. Electronic scales are less accurate and can be affected by temperature and moisture more easily.

Courtesy of Reddit

(I assume anyone that actually wants to know the answer to something types the question into Google, and not into a Sherdog post)

I would love to see Papa Carano fight Charlie Weidman inside the Octagon.
It would be the biggest "my Dad could beat your Dad" fight in history!

Rogan with the DOOM photo in the background! Nice.
Look how small Rogan looks there compared to these days.. he is way more muscular now and his head size has doubled :D <31>

I literally had no idea that was Rogan until I saw your post and then double checked. How old is that pic? Gotta be 20 years at least, right?

Can someone explain why they don't use a digital scale?

How do you think Darren Till made weight at "169 lb" ?

dana-white-money.jpg
Naaah, Till rocked that Auchwitz look, I do believe he weighed 169.
However, why the hell dont they use a precision electronic scale is beyond me. Is Dana too greedy to buy a good scale?

Back