At the gym you should never...

• Thread starter Deleted member 145018
  • Start date
...feel guilty about holding a 45-pound plate over a dude's nuts when he's failing a bench rep and saying "it puts the bar up in the air, or else it gets a flattened pair."

My boss just gave me a funny look for LOL'ing at that one.

pay for a guest visit ( I have never once paid a one time fee to train at a gym and I have lifted at hundreds of them while on the road) will devote a seperate thread to that

Looking forward to that thread

...carry around pages you tore out of a bodybuilding mag.

...tell me "You're going to hurt yourself" anytime you see me lifting something that you can't lift.

...doll out lifting advice to people that are stronger than you.

...make noises when lifting light things.

...tell me NOT to make noises when lifting heavy things.

...have multiple "chest and biceps" days within a week.

...tell me squats are bad for my knees.

...use straps for preacher curls.

Hmmm, what else have I seen this week...?

wait, so im not allowed to grunt when i curl only the bar in a squat rack... but its so heavy.

...neglect to wear a sock puppet on your free hand when doing one-armed lifts, to scream encouragement.

"LIGHT WEIGHT! PUT IT UP, MOTHERFUCKER! PUT IT UUUUUUUPPPP!!!"

You should also where the sock puppet on other appendages to scream encouragement when doing lifts with both hands.

...carry around pages you tore out of a bodybuilding mag.

...tell me "You're going to hurt yourself" anytime you see me lifting something that you can't lift.

Dam thats annoying

- huddle in a big group with your other "hardcore" friends while someone leg presses a filled machine with 2 inch ROM with a spot

try and be funny when even you know you're not.

....rage fuck a metro curl monkey and sew his colon to your weight belt as a warning to the others?

...chop out lines of lifting chalk and snort them off a bench, without offering some to those around you.

"HEY! WHO WANTS TA FUCKIN' PARTY HERE?!! COME GET SOME DEADLIFT DUST, YOU PUSSIES!!!"

Lol nice

I'll just simply list the things I noticed the last time I was at the gym nearby:

1) 30lb alternating dumbbell curls with straps
2) Quarter squats with a belt + knee wraps + straps using 225lbs
3) 80lb lat-pulldowns with a belt
4) A guy moving a bench into the squat rack to sit on and do curls
5) Gloves + belt + spotter to do preacher curls
6) A guy basically shadowboxing in slow motion with 20lb dumbbells

and of course the best and most nauseating of all..

7) Some kid doing lying skullcrushers with his pants falling down and his pubes hanging out in front of the dumbbell rack. :icon_cry2

7) Some kid doing lying skullcrushers with his pants falling down and his pubes hanging out in front of the dumbbell rack.

Hmmmm...

.... flirt with me when you know you can't out pull me.

That's right Marty, I'm talking about YOU. Creep.

I witnessed a pose down the other day

I win posedowns constantly.

TrailerParkBoyRandy.jpg

...sadly, this isn't too far off the mark.

Use clips on the smith machine
Do chins on the squat rack
Do hanging leg raises while hold the smith machine barbell
Roll up the sleeves while curling 30 lbs for 2334 reps

Don't forget, when you hit a sticking point yell at the weight. This way they get scared and don't want to come back down.

Back