Assume Trump, Dems please don't nominate Clinton!!

Except nobody in their right mind would vote for Sanders.
People who want to return to roughly the same income tax rates as the first six years of Reagan are not crazy. People who want single payer healthcare are not crazy. Maybe wrong in your opinion, but well within the scope of reality.

You would think that would be a weakness, but his business leader rhetoric has been solid. He faced this question indirectly a number of times, starting with the bankruptcy questions last fall. His answer was that he took advantage of politicians because that's what corporations do, using bankruptcy laws and campaign contributions to get ahead. "I talk to everyone, even Democrats. I'll talk to Putin too." That answer covered so many of his weaknesses and was a big reason the Trump Train got out in front.

He faces this question in a republican primary, which I guess is the answer to my own question.

Republicans worship at the alter of the job creators, and hate public anything.

This criticism will stick in a GE, but not in a Republican primary.

Hillary will be the nominee...unfortunately. Status quo, maintained.

Yep. She is basically a lock at this point.

It is going to look like a couple close of 10-9 rounds in her favor now but the end is going to be a dominant 49-46.

The key will be to win without alienating the fervent Sanders supporters.

He faces this question in a republican primary, which I guess is the answer to my own question.

Republicans worship at the alter of the job creators, and hate public anything.

This criticism will stick in a GE, but not in a Republican primary.
Who will not vote for him based on his repeating that answer? It's a risk-free question- he won't lose support. I'm not sure how well that answer does with independent voters, but it brings energy to his big government-distrusting supporters.

Yep. She is basically a lock at this point.

It is going to look like a couple close of 10-9 rounds in her favor now but the end is going to be a dominant 49-46.

The key will be to win without alienating the fervent Sanders supporters.
This is why most smart campaigns - bernie's and hillary's included - essentially play pattycake with their primary rivals. Alienating the other side is too risky. This is also why Sanders released his statement on the importance of civility to the Bernie Bros. He didn't want them to turn off potential converts, and beating Hillary and her supporters with big sticks will do just that.

http://www.270towin.com/maps/bMcf

e Road to 270
...................Votes Remaining Must Win (for 270)
mini_dems.gif
Democrats 240 30 -- 34 Winning Combinations »
mini_reps.gif
Republicans 142 128 TX,FL 15 Winning Combinations »

Yeah, and one debate drumming could turn that whole map on it's head.

This is why most smart campaigns - bernie's and hillary's included - essentially play pattycake with their primary rivals. Alienating the other side is too risky. This is also why Sanders released his statement on the importance of civility to the Bernie Bros. He didn't want them to turn off potential converts, and beating Hillary and her supporters with big sticks will do just that.

Was that Bernie Bros, or Obama Boys?

I can't seem to remember, the stories seem so similar for some reason............

Trump vs either of those 2 in the debates will look like Anderson Silva vs TUF 1.

Election, Trump slams Bernie. Hilary is a tougher pick, probably leading towards the Sea Hag as the betting favorite but who knows, Trump is literally changing all the rules.

Someone should probably tell her surrogates to cool it then..........

Bernie Sanders is the Worst Presidential Candidate in History, and You and All Your Friends are Idiots

Dear Bernie Sanders supporters: Wake the fuck up.

Sorry to be so blunt, but like any reasonable American, I have been disgusted and appalled as America’s answer to V.I. Lenin continues to gain strength in the polls. Your so-called “populist” movement is a slap in the face to the Democratic establishment that has served us so well over the last few decades, and the idea of giving up on the theory of incremental progress for such a fundamental change makes me want to vomit in the street. (In a poor neighborhood, not my own.)

I don’t get it, guys. I’m really confused here. The mainstream media has done a wonderful job of showing exactly why and how Bernie’s candidacy is flawed, but for some reason, people won’t listen to common sense.

My intent is not to insult anyone, but I believe that Sanders’ constituency is made up entirely of aspirational nutjobs—mostly lazy, entitled, poor, indebted millennials—who don’t realize that our political choices should be based on fear and cynicism. They need to get with the program, and fast. Maybe the Washington Post and New York Times screwed up by highlighting the idiotic nature of Bernie’s candidacy one issue at a time, but I won’t make that mistake. I’m going to list them all, item by item, and lay waste to this annoying communist and his dense apparatchiks once and for all.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...ders-is-the-worst-presidential-candidate.html

Was that Bernie Bros, or Obama Boys?

I can't seem to remember, the stories seem so similar for some reason............
If you have something to say, come out and say it.

If you want to imply that there were Sanders supporters, termed Bernie Bros, who use harsh language towards liberals who disagree with them, don't exist, say so.

If you want to deny that Sanders recognized that this was causing a problem for him, and released a press release to address it, say so.

But sitting around on your dick and insinuating that those things didn't happen, and they're simply a smear by clinton operatives, is a shitty deflection at best. And the sort of dishonest tactics that certain Sanders supporters like to pretend that everyone but them uses.

Someone should probably tell her surrogates to cool it then..........

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...ders-is-the-worst-presidential-candidate.html
Did you seriously just quote a satirical article written by a Sanders supporter as evidence he's being attacked in the media by Clinton's surrogates?

Bernie supported his family for years off of a carpentry business, that no bank or daddy gave him a loan for. 3 guys, with little to no knowledge of carpentry, striking out at a small business vs Daddy's million dollar give away.

You point to success, and Bernie will point to Trump being a silver spoon billionaire, and say......."If you think the problem is billionaires running our country, then why not just cut the middle man and elect one president."

See what I did there, I turned a personal attack into policy issue of wealth inequality. It sounds like a personal attack on Trump, by calling him a silver spoon billionaire, and yet it has actual platform substance.

I like Bernie more than Trump but I always have an issue when people try and downplay Trump's success. The vast majority of people who inherit money (yes even millions) don't manage to turn it into billions or do what Trump has done. Trump has also created thousands of jobs, the guy is a success in most ways that people measure success since most people are concerned about achievements, status, money, and 'power'.

Trump will clown Hillary, and would clown Bernie.

And their attacks would bounce off Teflon Don, like bullets off Superman's chest.

Expect this general election to be prime entertainment on a national scale.

Since you like neither.

Don't you think it says a lot that the GOP has actively had members of the party state that the Benghazi hearings were a witch hunt meant to bring Clinton down?

I swear a person needs to have their head in the sand if they think that the GOP prefers Clinton winning the nomination over Bernie. The fact that they are NOT attacking him, or using their very well funded channels which spread mass news/information to slander Sanders says a lot.

I pointed this out to @HendoRuaGOAT but he refuses to believe that is the case instead he creates some loopy explanation saying that the GOP 'fears bernie' which is why they are not attacking him. Meanwhile, his momentum builds because there is NOTHING negative said about him.

I am speaking more in a match-up with Clinton. What are her numbers with Independents?

Because last I saw she had negative favor-ability numbers in the 60th percentile. This is almost unheard of for a serious candidate.

Bernie kills it with Independents. It is one of his best performing categories.

According to that poll she has 42% favorability with them so at worst she's -8 compared to Trumps -27

If you have something to say, come out and say it.

If you want to imply that there were Sanders supporters, termed Bernie Bros, who use harsh language towards liberals who disagree with them, don't exist, say so.

If you want to deny that Sanders recognized that this was causing a problem for him, and released a press release to address it, say so.

But sitting around on your dick and insinuating that those things didn't happen, and they're simply a smear by clinton operatives, is a shitty deflection at best. And the sort of dishonest tactics that certain Sanders supporters like to pretend that everyone but them uses.

Did you seriously just quote a satirical article written by a Sanders supporter as evidence he's being attacked in the media by Clinton's surrogates?

No, I am insinuating that it was a Clinton plant in the media, just like it was in 08 wit the Obama Boys.

Both times the examples happened, and both times it didn't deserve 2% of the media coverage it got.

I think at this point he knows that he's lost. I am very interested in seeing how things are handled from this point on. He has a lot of energetic support and a lot of people who wouldn't normally be voting which will be important in a tight general election. Theoretically he could hold them hostage in exchange for favors / benefits from Hillary's camp.

I don't think the pattycake in public is the same sentiment behind closed doors.

I like Bernie more than Trump but I always have an issue when people try and downplay Trump's success. The vast majority of people who inherit money (yes even millions) don't manage to turn it into billions or do what Trump has done. Trump has also created thousands of jobs, the guy is a success in most ways that people measure success since most people are concerned about achievements, status, money, and 'power'.

Since you like neither.

Don't you think it says a lot that the GOP has actively had members of the party state that the Benghazi hearings were a witch hunt meant to bring Clinton down?

I swear a person needs to have their head in the sand if they think that the GOP prefers Clinton winning the nomination over Bernie. The fact that they are NOT attacking him, or using their very well funded channels which spread mass news/information to slander Sanders says a lot.

I pointed this out to @HendoRuaGOAT but he refuses to believe that is the case instead he creates some loopy explanation saying that the GOP 'fears bernie' which is why they are not attacking him. Meanwhile, his momentum builds because there is NOTHING negative said about him.

(Trump success point) It doesn't matter if it is true. do you politic at all?

And I responded that the messenger matters, and you can't attack Bernie with a SuperPac, and that he is attacked plenty by the media.

No, I am insinuating that it was a Clinton plant in the media, just like it was in 08 wit the Obama Boys.

Both times the examples happened, and both times it didn't deserve 2% of the media coverage it got.
The idea that a criticism of your candidate or his supporters that you happen to disagree with is from a plant in the media is irrational beyond measure, and the sort of thing I'd expect from a Tea Partier.

"Trump isn't getting support from white supremacists! That's just what the LIBERAL MEDIA which is IN BED WITH THE DEMO-RATS wants you to think! Never mind the examples of white supremacists supporting trump"

This is not to say that Sanders is getting support from anyone as odious as a white supremacist. But he is getting support from some people who engage in vicious attacks that alienate more people than they sway.

No, not seriously, but I wonder if any of those arguments sound familiar to you?

You read Fareed Zakaria's latest opinion piece, because it looks like this piece was almost written as satire to his serious piece.

The idea that a criticism of your candidate or his supporters that you happen to disagree with is from a plant in the media is irrational beyond measure, and the sort of thing I'd expect from a Tea Partier.

"Trump isn't getting support from white supremacists! That's just what the LIBERAL MEDIA which is IN BED WITH THE DEMO-RATS wants you to think! Never mind the examples of white supremacists supporting trump"

This is not to say that Sanders is getting support from anyone as odious as a white supremacist. But he is getting support from some people who engage in vicious attacks that alienate more people than they sway.

LMAO!!!

Guy, have you read the Obama Boys pieces i am referring to?

You have to be deaf, dumb, and blind, to not know that both those stories were plants.

Either standing on it's own, you get plausible deniability.

But those stories are copy and pasted with Bernie Bros, replacing Obama Boys.

Edit: Damn it Quipling, you got me to abandon my tone there. I apologize if I came off as antagonistic, or rude.

I am looking for a constructive conversation after all.

Bernie is a lightning rod and a lot of what he has to say is nonsense... in fact, he's sort of the Rand Paul of the left, so I have trouble with some of his hyperbole because it's just praying on people who are easily agitated..etc.

Trump is a catastrophe for the GOP in a national election. Does anyone here think he'll receive a single black, latino or even Asian vote?

Black and latino votes make up roughly 31% of Florida's electorate, 34% of Texas, 25% of Virginia, 40% of New Mexico, 30% of Nevada, 27% of North Carolina...

Combine that with the fact that turnout is typically much higher in presidential election years and those are terrible demographics for a bigoted, silver spoon sucking nut like Trump to overcome... no one here can convince me that he's a better or more compelling candidate than Romney.

Don't forget that Pat Buchannan won a similar % of votes in the first few states years ago... this time around, Trump is running against a pack of stupid horses who have no idea how to package their message. Trump cuts a huge swath out of the vote with his bellicose messaging and takes away a big piece of an immovable vote that would vote Republican anyway.

And in the worst possible scenario.. if he were elected, he'd be so bad, so ineffective his reelection would be a farce. What matters are SCOTUS nominations because they, foolishly, are lifetime appointments and greatly shape the way things run in this country. Look at Scalia, he was a tremendously dangerous person to smoke away a lifetime appointment to and his damage is almost immeasurable. Imagine - a man who wanted outsiders to stay that way and defended status quo for power, money and white people... all from an Italian Roman-Catholic... consider that for a moment.

Back