Assume Trump, Dems please don't nominate Clinton!!

Bernie is a lightning rod and a lot of what he has to say is nonsense... in fact, he's sort of the Rand Paul of the left, so I have trouble with some of his hyperbole because it's just praying on people who are easily agitated..etc.
I don't agree with this, because Bernie's rhetoric has been the same for 30 years.

Yeah, and one debate drumming could turn that whole map on it's head.

you see Trump winning a debate?

He may be winning the GOP primary, but I've not met any intelligent person that thinks Trump has won a single debate. He's only broken 35% in 1 primary and that's because he had "huge" ties to gaming - I'd also note that the same state has elected Harry Reid since the 80's.

He may be winning the GOP primary, but I've not met any intelligent person that thinks Trump has won a single debate. He's only broken 35% in 1 primary and that's because he had "huge" ties to gaming - I'd also note that the same state has elected Harry Reid since the 80's.

He destroyed Jeb Bush, and Rubio and Cruz are afraid to attack him now.

I feel like we are watching two different things, if you don't see this.

What is funny is that the massive youth vote that was supposed to save Bernie is not happening. It turns out once again the 'youth vote' is letting down their candidate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-bernie-sanders-because-they-almost-never-do/

I also predict that come SuperTuesday we will see many former 'youth Bernie fans' switching and voting for Clinton'.

And that would be interesting to watch. I know 2 people so far who are now seriously thinking of voting for Clinton over Sanders. It turns out that perhaps I made some good points or maybe they were actually moved by Clinton's powerful message.

Since you like neither.

Don't you think it says a lot that the GOP has actively had members of the party state that the Benghazi hearings were a witch hunt meant to bring Clinton down?
Clinton's indirect role in Benghazi is speculative. However, her role in the aftermath, to blame a youtube video, rather than admitting it was a terrorist attack, is deplorable by any standard.

I swear a person needs to have their head in the sand if they think that the GOP prefers Clinton winning the nomination over Bernie.
You are aware that a few elected Republicans that have commented they'd vote for Hillary or Bernie over Trump or Cruz, right?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/republican-senators-dislike-cruz

Trump and Cruz are a threat to the Washington Establishment. Cruz, moreso than Trump who has said he's winning to make deals.

The fact that they are NOT attacking him, or using their very well funded channels which spread mass news/information to slander Sanders says a lot.
Because he's going to lose.

I pointed this out to @HendoRuaGOAT but he refuses to believe that is the case instead he creates some loopy explanation saying that the GOP 'fears bernie' which is why they are not attacking him. Meanwhile, his momentum builds because there is NOTHING negative said about him.
Because he's not going to win.

People don't know or care how debates are supposed to go.

Trump 'out alpha's' everyone. And that is winning.

He often reduces his opponents to whining about his behavior which comes across as weak, he also is very good at deflecting, he is savage in his attacks, he talks over people, he has good comebacks, and he plays to a populist tune. The list goes on and on but in the end he pounds his chest more and is the aggressor.

He destroyed Jeb Bush, and Rubio and Cruz are afraid to attack him now.

I feel like we are watching two different things, if you don't see this.

That's not what I asked you. Playing the dozens on poor old Jeb doesn't mean he won a debate; and the only way to attack Trump in those debates would cause a candidate to loose all independent voters in the general - sort of a damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I can't think of anything Trump has looked remotely intelligent about except his thousand foot view of immigration and trade deals - and while poor some poor working stiff my buy his explanation for filing bankruptcy so many times, that isn't an option for running the US budget.

Ctqf3UN.png

964QaSW.png

People don't know or care how debates are supposed to go.

Trump 'out alpha's' everyone. And that is winning.

He often reduces his opponents to whining about his behavior which comes across as weak, he also is very good at deflecting, he is savage in his attacks, he talks over people, he has good comebacks, and he plays to a populist tune. The list goes on and on but in the end he pounds his chest more and is the aggressor.

Do you think that will play in a national debate where millions are voting as opposed to the primaries when only the die-hard partisans are paying attention.

That is hilarious.

Do you think that will play in a national debate where millions are voting as opposed to the primaries when only the die-hard partisans are paying attention.

No I think he will lose. But I think he would pull a higher % of the black vote than people think and a higher % of the Latino vote than people think.

It is only white liberals who are so easily offended. Black people I know think Trump "is real" in fact a lot of rappers seem to like Trump even after talking negatively of him, i.e. (Rick Ross saying Trump is cool as f#ck!). And Latinos who aren't Mexicans aren't always the biggest fans of Mexicans or illegal immigrants so Trumps' negative comments against those groups (largely illegal Mexicans) won't phase them.

P diddy came out supporting Trump as well.

I see we have a lot of first timers here

Trump is hated by independent voters. Someone already put up the source
Pretty much every election minus a major 3rd party candidate goes like this
40% republican 40 democrat no matter who runs.

So the 20% independents decide who wins.

Trump is hated by independent voters. He's pandering to the far right and angry vote.

So. Bernie or Hillary, or Jfks dead corpse could run and still beat him.

Welcome to reality town

I don't agree with this, because Bernie's rhetoric has been the same for 30 years.

Breaking up the banks and insinuating that all people in finance are engaging in fraud? Has he honestly been saying that for 30 years? Excuse me if I am wrong - it just seems like that's a stretch.

Otherwise... the fact that he's been saying the same thing for 30 years doesn't matter. What matters is that it's especially receptive right now - Romney said this early today or yesterday (and I'm not a fan of his) "people are angry"... Things are exactly rosy for everyone and class warfare rhetoric is really attractive, especially when you're crafty at building this counter-culture, anti-establishment second choice candidate. Guarantee if Biden or Liz Warren were in the race, Bernie wouldn't be getting even remotely as much support - same thing would be happening as in the GOP.

I'll be revisiting this thread after Super Tuesday to see where you and others stand. I just want to make it clear, Bernie has all the makings of being a genuinely good person and possesses the type of character that you want in leadership - he cares about the impoverished, he stands up for civil rights, he wants to push us in the direction of progress...etc. It's just that some of his claims and ideas aren't even remotely realistic. My fear is that it would just embolden the GOP snakes in the House.

Aside from the SCOTUS appointment, redistricting red states runs in second place to the most important things that need to happen... right now a really loud minority in this country is being ridiculously over-represented and its subverting democracy.

No I think he will lose. But I think he would pull a higher % of the black vote than people think and a higher % of the Latino vote than people think.

It is only white liberals who are so easily offended. Black people I know think Trump "is real" in fact a lot of rappers seem to like Trump even after talking negatively of him, i.e. (Rick Ross saying Trump is cool as f#ck!). And Latinos who aren't Mexicans aren't always the biggest fans of Mexicans or illegal immigrants so Trumps' negative comments against those groups (largely illegal Mexicans) won't phase them.

P diddy came out supporting Trump as well.

Well, I'd actually think that blacks would be against illegal immigration because it disproportionately affects their community.

Breaking up the banks and insinuating that all people in finance are engaging in fraud? Has he honestly been saying that for 30 years? Excuse me if I am wrong - it just seems like that's a stretch.

Otherwise... the fact that he's been saying the same thing for 30 years doesn't matter. What matters is that it's especially receptive right now - Romney said this early today or yesterday (and I'm not a fan of his) "people are angry"... Things are exactly rosy for everyone and class warfare rhetoric is really attractive, especially when you're crafty at building this counter-culture, anti-establishment second choice candidate. Guarantee if Biden or Liz Warren were in the race, Bernie wouldn't be getting even remotely as much support - same thing would be happening as in the GOP.

I'll be revisiting this thread after Super Tuesday to see where you and others stand. I just want to make it clear, Bernie has all the makings of being a genuinely good person and possesses the type of character that you want in leadership - he cares about the impoverished, he stands up for civil rights, he wants to push us in the direction of progress...etc. It's just that some of his claims and ideas aren't even remotely realistic. My fear is that it would just embolden the GOP snakes in the House.

Aside from the SCOTUS appointment, redistricting red states runs in second place to the most important things that need to happen... right now a really loud minority in this country is being ridiculously over-represented and its subverting democracy.

Good luck telling people that the middle class, and poor are engaging in class warfare, and not the Elite's have been winning a warfare against the poor and middle class for 50 years.

I see we have a lot of first timers here

Trump is hated by independent voters. Someone already put up the source
Pretty much every election minus a major 3rd party candidate goes like this
40% republican 40 democrat no matter who runs.

So the 20% independents decide who wins.

Trump is hated by independent voters. He's pandering to the far right and angry vote.

So. Bernie or Hillary, or Jfks dead corpse could run and still beat him.

Welcome to reality town

And as I said, Hillary has a 60% untrustworthy number with Independents.

Also, you get to worry about the E-mail scandal widening with Hillary.

Lastly, everything Bernie is hitting Hillary on, Wall Street speeches, campaign contributions, ect. Trump gets to play these cards as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufc925
Back