Arum says Lomachenko vs Walters is done, pending broadcast deal.

Akimbo Slice

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
It's not Rigo but this is a great fight. I figured Loma and Walters are both under HBO contracts, wonder why bob is saying he needs to find a network to show it.

Whoa wasn't expecting this. I love watching both of them fight. Should be interested. Oh and Walters was robbed in his last fight.

Amazing match if true. And yea, why wouldn't that be hbo? They do TR cards, and Max has a man crush on both.

Edit: I also saw this on the top rank instsgram

wasn't uchiyama trying to get a fight with Walters?

Wouldve been a great co-main to Canelo/Khan.

Thats the kind of stacked card boxing needs to generate noticeable PPV buys

Wouldve been a great co-main to Canelo/Khan.

Thats the kind of stacked card boxing needs to generate noticeable PPV buys

That would honestly be a great lead in... I hope they can book it.

That would honestly be a great lead in... I hope they can book it.
It would make more sense as the Pac/Bradley co-main. No promoter is gonna match two of his fighters as the co-main when he doesn't promote either headliner. Arum makes no money off the event, so it is impossible.

Sounds like another lie by Arum. "Pending broadcast deal". They're both with HBO, If he presented this fight then HBO would jump all over it. He's just throwing it out there so he can say "HBO rejected it", like he did with Khan.

I hear Loma is being wooed by Canelo for a fight at 155. Winner gets Roman Gonzalez, at 155.

When i heard this news, i was watering my plants again. A part of me wants to believe that my excitement in that very moment, enriched the liquids with nutrients as I poured a nice stream onto my beautiful plants. Such moments are always fascinating experiences to me. it's like watching the flow of water coming out of a cup in slow motion on a bright sunny day, as the rays of the sun reflect it's light across the stream of fluids. You begin to see the ripples as it displaces all kinds of vibrant colors for one to witness.

This is perception of life in all its glory, those little moments that one day will lead to big things. This fight will serve as that catalyst for the new chapter, an era born anew, for the pathos of challengers will come forth to take what's theirs.

Arum wants Lomachenko to vacate the 126 WBO belt and move up to 130 so he can give the belt to Oscar Valdez (who is the WBO mandatory). Oscar Valdez is way more marketable than Lomachenko, because of his built in Mexican fanbase, but he would never put the two in the ring to fight for the belt. The reason for that is because Lomachenko would embarrass him, as he did in the amateurs, and derail the hype of Oscar Valdez.

Now he's forcing Lomachenko up to 130 and he's selling this idea that he's next in line to fight Walters. I don't think they'll make the Walters fight. He wants both of these guys to keep winning and not fight each.

Hopefully this happens, but Arum throwing out stuff about a broadcast deal (when everyone knows HBO would buy this fight immediately) is concerning.

Arum wants Lomachenko to vacate the 126 WBO belt and move up to 130 so he can give the belt to Oscar Valdez (who is the WBO mandatory). Oscar Valdez is way more marketable than Lomachenko, because of his built in Mexican fanbase, but he would never put the two in the ring to fight for the belt. The reason for that is because Lomachenko would embarrass him, as he did in the amateurs, and derail the hype of Oscar Valdez.

Now he's forcing Lomachenko up to 130 and he's selling this idea that he's next in line to fight Walters. I don't think they'll make the Walters fight. He wants both of these guys to keep winning and not fight each.

Reasonable assessment Mr Cuban. Your brains neurotransmitters are firing properly today.

I'd love to see this fight, Loma is one of my favs. Walters hits hard, but Loma doesn't get hit that often.

Lomachenko turned down this fight when Wlaters looked good. He's looked mediocre in his last two and suddenly it gets made.

Lomachenko turned down this fight when Wlaters looked good. He's looked mediocre in his last two and suddenly it gets made.

I thought he won his last two fights pretty convincingly... The draw against Sosa was bogus.

I thought he won his last two fights pretty convincingly... The draw against Sosa was bogus.
He didn't look like the destroyer he did vs Donaire and Darchinyan, thats for sure.

Epic match up. i'm a fan of both guys but i think i have to go with lomachenko

Back