Arum says Lomachenko vs Walters is done, pending broadcast deal.

He didn't look like the destroyer he did vs Donaire and Darchinyan, thats for sure.
that's bullshit. He's facing good guys in a higher weight class and was robbed badly. That's it, he's still looked top notch. Darchinyan was shot and no good, so IDK why you're saying he looked like a "destroyer" there, normally you'd be all over that victory with criticisms.

You're trying to put a negative spin that doesn't exist here. Wonder why?

Pretty much what everyone has said after his last two fights but lets ignore all that.
you're right, I heard a lot of people calling his "draw" bullshit. But let's ignore that.

Also, I don't think Marriaga and Sosa are really "top notch" either. Neither guys has a significant win as a pro. Chris Martin is the only name that appears on either guys resume in the win column thats recognizable and he's dropped 3 in a row since losing to Marriaga.

you're right, I heard a lot of people calling his "draw" bullshit. But let's ignore that.
No, you're ignoring what the commentators and fans were saying during and after the fight.

No, you're ignoring what the commentators and fans were saying during and after the fight.
Yeah, let's listen to annoying commentators and casuals. He looked a little human, that's to be expected when you go up in weight. Loma would probably look equally human if he went up in weight. You're trying to put a negative spin on one of the potential best fights of the year because you don't like either of the fighters.

truth is, Walters isn't facing undersized or shot opponents anymore, he's facing full fledged SFWs; that's hte only qualitative difference between the guy we see now and the "destroyer" that faced Donaire and Vic. now, loma is taking a big risk and leaving the division where he's pretty clearly the man to face a major challenge.

Yeah, let's listen to annoying commentators and casuals. He looked a little human, that's to be expected when you go up in weight. Loma would probably look equally human if he went up in weight. You're trying to put a negative spin on one of the potential best fights of the year because you don't like either of the fighters.
Right, I said he didn't look as good vs his last two as he did vs Donaire and Darchinyan, you get your panties in a bunch and then end up saying the exact same thing in the above post.

You take things about your favorites too personally.

Right, I said he didn't look as good vs his last two as he did vs Donaire and Darchinyan, you get your panties in a bunch and then end up saying the exact same thing in the above post.
yes, because he's facing SFWs now, instead of FWs. Nobody's fooled. There's no qualitative difference with Walters; he's simply facing bigger guys. Do you think Walters has declined as a fighter? I don't. I fail to see what's wrong with Loma fighting Walters if Walters hasn't changed at all as a fighter. Loma isn't dumb, he knows that Walters is still the same guy that was offered to him a year ago, regardless of if he's facing bigger guys or not.

nobody wants to deal with nitpicky criticisms when those criticisms don't even hold up.

yes, because he's facing SFWs now, instead of FWs. Nobody's fooled. There's no qualitative difference with Walters; he's simply facing bigger guys. Do you think Walters has declined as a fighter? I don't. I fail to see what's wrong with Loma fighting Walters if Walters hasn't changed at all as a fighter. Loma isn't dumb, he knows that Walters is still the same guy that was offered to him a year ago, regardless of if he's facing bigger guys or not.

nobody wants to deal with nitpicky criticisms when those criticisms don't even hold up.
He's fighting 4 pounds heavier and fighting lesser guys and looks worse. Thats what I said, you agreed with it too. You don't even know what you think you're arguing about.

Sensitive fanboy.

He's fighting 4 pounds heavier and fighting lesser guys and looks worse. Thats what I said, you agreed with it too. You don't even know what you think you're arguing about.

Sensitive fanboy.

A shot Vic and undersized, past prime Donaire really aren't that much better than those guys TBH, if at all. We just saw Donaire go life and death with Ceja. Vic hasn't been relevant since yamanaka beat him. I agree he's looked "worse" in that his fights have been more competitive, but he's facing bigger, arguably better competition.

The truth is, Walters has not declined as a fighter, he is the exact same as the Walters that looked like a "destroyer." He's facing bigger opponents in a division up, but Loma isn't going to have that size equivalence as an SFW and he realizes it. In short: Loma is facing the exact same Walters that was on the table a year ago and there's no way he's stupid enough to believe that Walters has "declined." You're trying to paint Loma out as a coward for chasing a guy who has proven that he can still ocnvincingly beat bigger guys by arguing that Walters has "declined" because he's facing bigger guys. Except he hasn't declined at all, he's just proven that his power and strength have carried up well at SFW. If nothing else, what Loma is doing is highly commendable.

I know exactly what you're "arguing" and implying with your little "argument." Maybe I'm sensitive, but that's because nobody likes to deal with passive-aggressive shit talk.

Last edited:
tell me seano. If Walters is the exact same as he was last year, and Loma is agreeing to fight him now, what's wrong with that? What is the qualitative difference in Walters?

tell me seano. If Walters is the exact same as he was last year, and Loma is agreeing to fight him now, what's wrong with that? What is the qualitative difference in Walters?
They tried to make this fight last year. Walters missed weight so Lomachenko said he didn't want to go up in weight. One year later, Walters looks mediocre and Lomachenko now is ready to go up and weight and make the fight. What are you not getting here? He didn't take the fight (turned it down in fact) when Walters looked good. Two mediocre performances laters and here we are talking about how the fight has been made.

We agreed that Walters has NOT been as impressive in his last two. I'm not even sure what argument you think you're making.

They tried to make this fight last year. Walters missed weight so Lomachenko said he didn't want to go up in weight. One year later, Walters looks mediocre and Lomachenko now is ready to go up and weight and make the fight. What are you not getting here? He didn't take the fight (turned it down in fact) when Walters looked good. Two mediocre performances laters and here we are talking about how the fight has been made.

What are you not getting here? Walters is the same Walters and everybody here on this board, except for you, seems to acknowledge that. Because there is no QUALITATIVE difference in walters as a fighter. Those "mediocre" (lol @ calling decisive wins over good SFWs mediocre) performances don't make him any less dangerous. He is still the same fighter and pretty much everybody realizes it. If Loma was really afraid of Walters, he wouldn't be fighting him still because Walters HAS NOT CHANGED. Loma could go up and face those guys and his preformances would likely decline proportionally as well. What you're trying to make this is Loma cherry picking easy, past prime opponents or shit fighters; except he's doing neither, because Walters is very much still in prime and far from a shit fighter. If anything, Walters looks more dangerous than ever because his power, size, chin, and strength have transitioned very well to a bigger division, whereas loma at 130 is still unproven.

what's important here isn't the performances against big 130ers, it's a given that a fighter looks a little worse when he goes up in weight, it's that Walters poses the same threat to Loma now as he did at 126. You're done nothing to refute that. If you think Walters has declined and that Loma is trying to cherry pick a past prime, declining fighter than say so. Except you don't think that. If you did, you would have said it outright. You're making a passive aggressive hiss at Loma because you have no valid criticism of Loma or this fight to make, but you don't like either Loma or Walters.

TLDR: this is the same fight as was on the table a year ago. Loma is taking it and you're trying to passive-aggresvely paint him out as a coward by pretending that less sensational (but equally impressive) performances against full blown 130s by Walters have made him decline. Again, if you think Walters has declined as a fighter and as a threat to Lomachenko, say so. Nobody else seems to think so, and TBH, I don't think you do either, you're just trying to pointlessly shit talk a fighter you don't like.

Its not the same as it was a year ago, and you already agreed with me on the difference. Stop being a sensitive cunt.

Its not the same as it was a year ago, and you already agreed with me on the difference. Stop being a sensitive cunt.

it's the same, the fighters are the same, that's all that matters. If you're less invested in the fight because one fighter has a robbery of a draw on his record, that's your fault. I said there are no differences, because the only thing that would make this fight different is if one fighter clearly declined, which neither of them have. If anything, Walters has only proven himself more and looks like a bigger threat, because he proved he can beat good SFWs, which Loma has not.

It's funny though, I'm the sensitive one, but I don't think I've ever resorted to using the word cunt. (is that not autocensored now?)

Lomachenko turned down this fight when Wlaters looked good. He's looked mediocre in his last two and suddenly it gets made.

If Lomachenko took this fight because he thinks he's getting a lesser version of Walters then I think he's making a mistake. Walters looked a bit lazy or unmotivated in his last fight, but I didn't get the impression he declined in skill or ability. It reminded me of Bradley's fight with Chaves, where he seemed to win but never really turned it on the way we thought he should, and was punished for it by the judges. With a guy like Lomachenko in front of him, I can't imagine we won't see the best version of Walters in the ring.

I think Walters' opponents are taking his punch quite a bit better as he moves up in weight (that's typical of clubbing punchers), but I didn't think he looked all that bad even in his last fight aside from the fact that he chose to fight his opponent in a way that gave him an optimal chance (in the pocket and on the inside) when he likely could have tried to keep the fight on the outside more with his impressive jab. He still won, at worst, a 97-93 decision in my eyes (I had it 98-92). Lomachenko changing his mind regarding the Walters fight has more to do with TR and HBO having essentially no one else to put him in with at FW or SFW, I think (other than Valdez, but Cuban is probably right that they don't want to make Lomachenko/Valdez at the moment).

I didn't think he looked all that bad even in his last fight aside from the fact that he chose to fight his opponent in a way that gave him an optimal chance (in the pocket and on the inside) when he likely could have tried to keep the fight on the outside more with his impressive jab..

Yeah, I agree. And to me, that could easily be a description of the Bradley vs Chaves fight.

I agree with Seano's points here, but I definitely still have interest in this fight happening. Should end up on HBO not sure what dick Arum is sucking nowadays but I don't see how he would have to shop to HBO fighters to other networks unless he's bluffing on the fight actually being made.

Back