Arthrogenic Muscle Inhibition

This is what miaou wrote:

This sentence doesn't make sense.

Achieving/reestablishing proper neuromuscular activation is always a main target of rehab after injury/surgery. That's pretty established and common knowledge.

1) why/based on what facts do you think that?

2) neuromuscual inhibitions from joint injury/surgery (in this respect your body basically recognizes surgery as an injury) is on every relevant textbook. A major part of injury/surgery rehab is aimed towards establishing proper muscle activation and calibrating relevant proprioceptuve reflexes. If whoever you asked about it has never heard of it then you need to associate yourself with less incompetent individuals.

This is what you wrote:

What's your deal?

Grow the fuck up.

Why be a douchebag?

you like to think you have it all dialed in, but you don't.

unless you know something about the subject (which you don't) then you are already riding miaou's dick and defending your own.

I don't feel like I'm being defensive at all.

What's the big fucking deal?

Why the intense need to white knight miaou?

My goal was to share the information and participate in a discussion.

I would say generally you shouldn't take sides in an discussion that you know nothing about.

I wasn't talking to you

Why are you taking offense to something clearly not directed at you. Just want to get in on the action?

Why be a douchebag?

Maybe I'm a lot smarter than you.

Maybe in your world you like it when guys go Alpha on you, and you find it inappropriate to respond.

Really, honestly, what the hell are you talking about?

Try again fanboy.

That's obnoxious.

Because it's obnoxious.

He's trying to be Alpha, and show me who's boss.

he wants to be Alpha

It's obnoxious.

him going Alpha and being obnoxious

Show me where I was not tactful

I GUARANTEE you that if Miaou went to a Sports Med conference and spoke like that, he would not get a good reception. Because it's obnoxious. He's trying to be Alpha, and show me who's boss.

That's just not true, I was not defensive.

You're a fanboy, nothing alpha there.

I have only reacted to others, and responded in kind.

What the fuck is going on here?

"If you have something to contribute it better be available for scrutiny." This is laughable

Miaou was not simply engaging the way any academic would. Academics have a decorum of behavior.

Miaou was obnoxious

I never got defensive, which would imply inappropriately reactive to criticism.

What I did was react appropriately to obnoxious comments. You can keep spinning it any way you want, but that's what happened.

How did I start attacking you?

Had he arrived at a sports medicine conference and did what he did, he'd get far worse treatment.

And you call me defensive.

you continuously make demonstrably false statements that I wasn't "tactful" enough

This has got to be the most ridiculous statment in the thread.

You were obnoxious

Sort of funny that you post obnoxiously and then play victim.

You are living in non-reality.

if he thinks that's collegial interaction, he's wrong.

Given your shit attitude

That's a shit attitude.

Me responding to his obnoxiousness is not defensive at all.

I am simply responding to other statement in kind. That's not defensive.

Nope, no references.

I think it's time for you to stop posting now.

Miaou, you tried to play Forum cop with someone who knows more about you on the topic at hand. It's ok, it happens.

Keep misrepresenting my posts, it makes you look worse. Most of the stuff in the above post was responding to your fanboys, and you know this. You were obnoxious and I called you on it. Own your behaviour.

Honestly, it's too bad. MAT is something that could probably benefit many here. And once again the discussion can't get going. Credit to Legio for trying.

[YT]5HgezgRiaos[/YT]

^^After watching the video I have to say I agree with you that it seems pretty interesting.

So if I understood right (I assume I didn't) MAT focuses on muscle imbalances, right? So patella maltracking issues might not be that well treatable? And I only know that I have patella maltracking issues, I was never told if it was caused by muscular imbalance and I wasn't smart enough to ask.

[YT]5HgezgRiaos[/YT]

^^After watching the video I have to say I agree with you that it seems pretty interesting.

So if I understood right (I assume I didn't) MAT focuses on muscle imbalances, right? So patella maltracking issues might not be that well treatable? And I only know that I have patella maltracking issues, I was never told if it was caused by muscular imbalance and I wasn't smart enough to ask.

Yeah Kid, they do focus on treating imbalances. They aren't the end all be all but it definitely helps some athletes and people. NFL teams have some of these guys at the facility.

Yeah Kid, they do focus on treating imbalances. They aren't the end all be all but it definitely helps some athletes and people. NFL teams have some of these guys at the facility.

If you watch the video in itself without any preinfo about the subject it sounds like increasing ROM isn't always as good as it's made to be. I've always thought that bigger the ROM the better.

Fuck. this thread seems awesome. Now I have to go back and read everything you peckers wrote so I can contribute my extensive knowledge and unmatched wit.

Fuck. this thread seems awesome. Now I have to go back and read everything you peckers wrote so I can contribute my extensive knowledge and unmatched wit.

You're wasting your time. Miaou summed it up in a post just above.

This thread was just about hitting HIV levels until the Great Wall of Quotes.

Sorry if this is fanboyish, but I think TS needs thicker skin when browsing the internet.

Edit: I suppose I should commend TS for responding to Legio with some good input, that was unique for threads that go downhill.

Last edited:

Well, I skimmed through everything and here is my synopsis......

TS - why such a crybaby? You may have some knowledge to share, but all anyone did was question your original statements. If you make a claim, it is up to you to defend your position in an intelligent manner and not get pissed when others question you about it.

Ripskater - You've complained about how mean f13 is in numerous threads before. I can't remember an incident of anyone being attacked that wasn't a troll or some sort of weirdo like Naudi Aguilar.

Maiou - I think your original questions on page 1 were valid. It's unfortunate that it sparked a huge dick measuring competition.

Legio - Stop searching for free medical advice. Cheapskate.

Belph - Shut up.

Oh yes, he summed it all up, don't bother reading it.

Do you see what Miaou is hanging his hat on now? A comment I made in the 39th post!!!!! Because he realized he jumped the gun and played Mall Cop for no reason. So now he has to resort to post #39!!!!! You were defending him the entire time. When I posted a study on post #1 you took it as "un-tactful" and suspicious. Are you ready to admit now that prior to post #39 I didn't do anything objectionable, just respond to others in kind?

By post #39 there were 11 negative posts by Miaou and 5 fanboys. For no reason. I'm still waiting for you to show me where I did something wrong other than your bizarre, paranoid, and strange objection to my lack of "tact".

On post #39 I knew I was posting something for which there is no research. Do you really think I did this by accident? By post #39 I didn't care about your rules. If you two consider that the big "win", have at it. You are certainly the big winner here Nurse, in the "most devoted fanboy of the year" award

Yea, Miaou really showed me. Post #39 totally invalidates everything I have said in this thread, and vindicates Miaou position, and excuses all his bad behavior BEFORE post #39. Being such a skilled Mall Cop, he knew AHEAD of time that I would be presenting something as scientific fact, so he was just being pre-emptive.

The fact that Miaou, who has been talking down to me from HIS FIRST POST, now has to resort to post #39 tells you where it's at.

Well, I skimmed through everything and here is my synopsis......

TS - why such a crybaby? You may have some knowledge to share, but all anyone did was question your original statements. If you make a claim, it is up to you to defend your position in an intelligent manner and not get pissed when others question you about it.

KILL KILL, show me examples where I've been a crybaby. People talk shit to me, I talk it back. I've said to others, if you're a passive guy and you don't mind when other people are obnoxious to you, that's your decision.

I'm in no way pissed about people questoning me. I am happy to explain my positions, and I have at length in this thread. When someone asks for information, I give it to them. When someone is obnoxious, and then asks for information, I respond to the obnoxious. Again, why is this so outrageous?

1) I think AMI is the single biggest factor in: physical dysfunction, pain, breakdown, injury, inability to recover from injury.

2) Really? So AMI is a common topic amongst Orthopedic Surgeons, PT's, AT's? Most that I ask about it have never heard of it, or can't discuss it intelligently.
What are these pretty established and common practices that correct AMI?

I have never met a single physical therapist who didn't know about/explain this phenomenon, and i'm undergoing ACL tear surgery and rehab RIGHT NOW

The fact that Miaou, who has been talking down to me from HIS FIRST POST, now has to resort to post #39 tells you where it's at.

You are still whining?

Give it a rest. You make yourself look worse with every post. Yes, the deck was stacked against you slightly, but when your posts are little more than a cry of "Mom, he started it!!!!!" they do not do much to serve your cause.

blah...blah...blah...incoherent whining nobody gives a fuck about...blah...blah...blah

Dude, just stop posting and find somebody to give you a hug already.

Seriously.

Dude, just stop posting and find somebody to give you a hug already.

Seriously.

Last post. There's no whining, just responding in kind, which you and the fanboys don't like. I will not come disturb you kingdom again. Ride on mall cop.

KILL KILL, show me examples where I've been a crybaby. People talk shit to me, I talk it back. I've said to others, if you're a passive guy and you don't mind when other people are obnoxious to you, that's your decision.

I'm in no way pissed about people questoning me. I am happy to explain my positions, and I have at length in this thread. When someone asks for information, I give it to them. When someone is obnoxious, and then asks for information, I respond to the obnoxious. Again, why is this so outrageous?

Pretty much EVERY post except the first 2. Just stop.

Back