News Artem Vakhitov, last man to beat Alex Pereira, turns down UFC contract

Should Artem Vakhitov have signed the UFC contract?

• Total voters
You'll get more money being a top3 Kickboxer than a top20 UFC fighter.
Lol that's a silly comparison. Top 3 is a far more exclusive group than top 20. When you do a comparison it should be equalized. For example, top 3 mma fighter vs top 3 kickboxer. In that scenario the top 3 mma fighter is going to be making way more.

Lol that's a silly comparison. Top 3 is a far more exclusive group than top 20. When you do a comparison it should be equalized. For example, top 3 mma fighter vs top 3 kickboxer. In that scenario the top 3 mma fighter is going to be making way more.

It's not a silly comparison considering the talent pool. Look at how many active MMA fighters there are willing to be in the UFC vs. kickboxing.

What I'm saying is that right now Vakhitov would make more money doing big fights in Kickboxing than some bottom level MMA fights.

It's not a silly comparison considering the talent pool. Look at how many active MMA fighters there are willing to be in the UFC vs. kickboxing.

What I'm saying is that right now Vakhitov would make more money doing big fights in Kickboxing than some bottom level MMA fights.
Yeah, bottom level fights aren't going to pay shit. You're thinking short term. In the long term a successful mma career is going to pay off way more. There's a reason why kickboxers try switching over and not the other way around.

Yeah, bottom level fights aren't going to pay shit. You're thinking short term. In the long term a successful mma career is going to pay off way more. There's a reason why kickboxers try switching over and not the other way around.

Not disagreeing with you here. But for Vakhitov who's at the top of kickboxing and hasn't trained any grappling it makes sense to stick to kickboxing.

Good move? Or should Vakhitov have signed with UFC to chase Pereira like Poatan chased Izzy and continue the rivalry?

Discuss..

It all depends on what they were offered in the contracts to show up, win, and what they'd get if they became champion.

The simple fact is the UFC isn't the only big-paying organization anymore, especially in Asia.

It all depends on what they were offered in the contracts to show up, win, and what they'd get if they became champion.

The simple fact is the UFC isn't the only big-paying organization anymore, especially in Asia.
What do you think UFC offered him? I’ve been wondering that, since Vakhitov was a dominant GLORY champion. They must know he’s not signing for peanuts right?
But yeah, there definitely are more places for him to get some money

What do you think UFC offered him? I’ve been wondering that, since Vakhitov was a dominant GLORY champion. They must know he’s not signing for peanuts right?
But yeah, there definitely are more places for him to get some money
I just assume Artem doesn't want to fight mma. I wouldn't be confident jumping into a new sport as a novice in grappling. He'd get murdered.

I just assume Artem doesn't want to fight mma. I wouldn't be confident jumping into a new sport as a novice in grappling. He'd get murdered.
Maybe Vakhitov did some grappling back in the day because he’s from Russia? I don’t know tbh, but could be the case

Maybe Vakhitov did some grappling back in the day because he’s from Russia? I don’t know tbh, but could be the case
His wiki says his dad started training him basic mma at age 5 but then at 6 went to karate for 5 years then found and went to MT. I don't know the guy though I just figure he'd be lost on the ground.

I thought a move to ONE would have been good for him but in this current world maybe staying in Russia is the best move to make.

Last edited:
His wiki says his dad started training him basic mma at age 5 but then at 6 went to karate for 5 years then found and went to MT. I don't know the guy though I just figure he'd be lost on the ground.

I thought a move to ONE would have been good for him but in this current world maybe staying in Russia is the best move to make.
Yeah, I think signing with ONE was his best option after he broke up with GLORY. He could compete in their kickboxing and muay thai divisions, and try out MMA if he felt like it.
Also, he could challenge himself in kickboxing against the likes of Roman Kryklia (they trained a lot before so I’m not quite sure about that tbh), Rade Opačić, Iraj Azizpour, etc.
Lot of interesting matchups over there

Though, I know Vakhitov has a good relationship with MuayThai Factory. He has been invited to their events several times, so I’m not surprised about them working together.
But still, his contract with them isn’t exclusive, which means that Vakhitov is free to sign with other promotions.
I guess he isn’t staying there for the long run, but he had to do something now his GLORY contract got terminated..

The former GLORY Kickboxing LHW-champion turned down offers from UFC and ONE Championship after GLORY terminated his contract.

Full release:
https://beyondkick.com/news/artem-vakhitov-signs-with-muaythai-factory-set-to-debut-in-december-1
@Yodsanan

He now signed with Russian promotion “MuayThai Factory” and is set to debut in December.

Artem Vakhitov and Alex Pereira went 1-1 in GLORY, switching the LHW-belt in two very close fights.
Here is the highlight video of both titlefights combined:

Good move? Or should Vakhitov have signed with UFC to chase Pereira like Poatan chased Izzy and continue the rivalry?

Discuss..

Would love it. I prefer striking to paddy cake or crotch sniffing.

Love ufc getting these cross overs.

Back