News Artem Vakhitov, last man to beat Alex Pereira, turns down UFC contract

Should Artem Vakhitov have signed the UFC contract?

• Total voters
The former GLORY Kickboxing LHW-champion turned down offers from UFC and ONE Championship after GLORY terminated his contract.

Full release:
https://beyondkick.com/news/artem-vakhitov-signs-with-muaythai-factory-set-to-debut-in-december-1
@Yodsanan

He now signed with Russian promotion “MuayThai Factory” and is set to debut in December.

Artem Vakhitov and Alex Pereira went 1-1 in GLORY, switching the LHW-belt in two very close fights.
Here is the highlight video of both titlefights combined:

Good move? Or should Vakhitov have signed with UFC to chase Pereira like Poatan chased Izzy and continue the rivalry?

Discuss..

Does he have an MMA record yet? If not, then no, he should not have signed.

Does he have an MMA record yet? If not, then no, he should not have signed.
No, he never did MMA before (maybe he trained some since he’s Russian, but he didn’t compete in MMA before)

Arthem Vakhitov is set to fight Pascal Toure from France, Feb. 2 in Russia

upload_2023-1-5_5-47-28.jpeg

Lol that's a silly comparison. Top 3 is a far more exclusive group than top 20. When you do a comparison it should be equalized. For example, top 3 mma fighter vs top 3 kickboxer. In that scenario the top 3 mma fighter is going to be making way more.

No wonder so many kickboxers cross over to mma and boxing. That pay is extremely low for world champion elite level fighters. Pereira and Izzy went to mma and Tenshin is committing full-time to boxing plus all the others crossing over from kickboxing and muay thai.

No wonder so many kickboxers cross over to mma and boxing. That pay is extremely low for world champion elite level fighters. Pereira and Izzy went to mma and Tenshin is committing full-time to boxing plus all the others crossing over from kickboxing and muay thai.
Yup. The only kickboxers that make any actual money at the moment are Rico and Badr. Even in K1, the World Grand Prix Champion would make $400K USD, but that was after beating 3 different guys in 1 night.

Shit he is so damn smooth in there. I absolutely love those combos, especially his hands. Slick stuff, actually went back and watched some of his stuff while visiting family the past few days.
Yeah he’s awesome man. It’s a shame GLORY let him and all their other Russian fighters go during the pandemic, especially since no other major combat sports organization did the same

damn, those combos looked razor sharp. A shame he isn't looking to dabble in MMA as the skill differential would be quite striking. I'm sure the UFC offered him an awful deal, but ONE might be able to build him up somewhat? I know their kickboxing divisions are lighter, but he seems like a guy they'd like to have around for some fun fights.

damn, those combos looked razor sharp. A shame he isn't looking to dabble in MMA as the skill differential would be quite striking. I'm sure the UFC offered him an awful deal, but ONE might be able to build him up somewhat? I know their kickboxing divisions are lighter, but he seems like a guy they'd like to have around for some fun fights.
There’re definitely some interesting fight for Vakhitov out in ONE. Roman Kryklia vs Artem Vakhitov would be a joy to watch!

There’re definitely some interesting fight for Vakhitov out in ONE. Roman Kryklia vs Artem Vakhitov would be a joy to watch!

I was actually scoping out Roman's fights the other day, when pondering what good fights Artem might have in One! I suspect Artem has the pedigree to finesse Roman smoothly, but that guy is a violent motherfucker. I would be interested in watching that fight for sure. Roman seems like a bit of a JBG disciple.

Back