News Artem Vakhitov, last man to beat Alex Pereira, turns down UFC contract

Should Artem Vakhitov have signed the UFC contract?

• Total voters
With everything that's going on in the world if was a Russian fighter I'd stick to Russian promotions until I feel confident the rest of the western world wouldn't hold my pay as some political statement or throw me in jail over something small just to be petty.

Don't you know? Everyone else pays better than the UFC.
The way Benson Henderson explained it is the ufc has the potential to pay you the most but that also correlates with you winning and being marketable. The ufc might give you a contract worth a max value of 3 mil but you have to win to get it. Versus other promotions will offer fighters more guaranteed money with lower max ceilings.

Anthony Pettis made $750K in his last fight in One. The ufc wasn't guaranteeing Pettis that. But if Pettis had stayed with the ufc and won and gotten the belt back he'd be making way more than that in the ufc.

Why did Glory not renew?
The GLORY light heavyweight champion was released from his contract after the kickboxing promotion decided to part ways with all Russians on its roster citing a list of “obstacles” after Russian’s invasion of Ukraine. The call leaves Vakhitov free in the market to explore other options, after a decision win over Alex Pereira in September last year.

Also Alex won the first fight they immediately rematched and it was still very close even though Vakhitov was bigger
Both fights were razor thin decisions tbh. Could’ve gone either way.
even though Vakhitov was bigger
Well, I think that was by far the biggest Pereira we’ve seen in Glory. Imo he didn’t give up any physical advantage to Artem at all.
The guy looked huge in the Vakhitov rematch.
Just watch this photo I made during his walkout (I attended GLORY 78)

upload_2022-11-30_0-20-26.jpeg

Here is the full video of Pereira’s walkout from his last kickboxing fight against Artem Vakhitov that I filmed that night.
Fucking scary with the tribe music and intensity he brings (and the fact Poatan was getting real close to me hahaha)

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0d7KtbOB-US0uSqHrUO8-gCpw

Both fights were razor thin decisions tbh. Could’ve gone either way.

Well, I think that was by far the biggest Pereira we’ve seen in Glory. Imo he didn’t give up any physical advantage to Artem at all.
The guy looked huge in the Vakhitov rematch.
Just watch this photo I made during his walkout (I attended GLORY 78)

View attachment 955445

Here is the full video of Pereira’s walkout from his last kickboxing fight against Artem Vakhitov that I filmed that night.
Fucking scary with the tribe music and intensity he brings (and the fact Poatan was getting real close to me hahaha)

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0d7KtbOB-US0uSqHrUO8-gCpw
To me Pereira looked even bigger than Vakhitov.
Do you think Vakhitov can make 185 if he wanted to? @WolverReem

The way Benson Henderson explained it is the ufc has the potential to pay you the most but that also correlates with you winning and being marketable. The ufc might give you a contract worth a max value of 3 mil but you have to win to get it. Versus other promotions will offer fighters more guaranteed money with lower max ceilings.

Anthony Pettis made $750K in his last fight in One. The ufc wasn't guaranteeing Pettis that. But if Pettis had stayed with the ufc and won and gotten the belt back he'd be making way more than that in the ufc.

You gotta realize Pettis is the minority. They sometimes pay high salaries to attract attention. Far and in between. The UFC pays out by far far the most amount of money. They got so many events, such a big roster and a lot of stars. They don't have just 5 well paid athletes like some orgs.

Lol they said pereira should have won that fight.
Well, Pereira and Vakhitov fought 2 times.
Both fights were super super close and could’ve been scored either way (see OP), but if I recall correctly I gave Artem the edge in the first fight (which Alex took by SD) and Alex in the second fight (which Alex lost by SD).
So yeah, at the end of the day they would still be 1-1 hahaha.
Maybe do the trilogy in MMA? That will give some Poatan - Izzy vibes all over again lol;)

Well, Pereira and Vakhitov fought 2 times.
Both fights were super super close and could’ve been scored either way (see OP), but if I recall correctly I gave Artem the edge in the first fight (which Alex took by SD) and Alex in the second fight (which Alex lost by SD).
So yeah, at the end of the day they would still be 1-1 hahaha.
Maybe do the trilogy in MMA? That will give some Poatan - Izzy vibes all over again lol;)

Not a bad idea.

Undoubtedly, had the war in Ukraine not happened we'd be seeing different outcomes. In any case, you can't really question someone that doesn't sign with the UFC, given their weak offers and control oriented contracts

Undoubtedly, had the war in Ukraine not happened we'd be seeing different outcomes. In any case, you can't really question someone that doesn't sign with the UFC, given their weak offers and control oriented contracts
Yeah the war doesn’t help any of this..
What do you think UFC offered him? I’ve been wondering that, since Vakhitov was a dominant GLORY champion. They must know he’s not signing for peanuts right?

Yeah the war doesn’t help any of this..
What do you think UFC offered him? I’ve been wondering that, since Vakhitov was a dominant GLORY champion. They must know he’s not signing for peanuts right?
I'm going to guess a 3-fight deal with a sub 100k baseline pay per fight lol, maybe more but I doubt it

I'm going to guess a 3-fight deal with a sub 100k baseline pay per fight lol, maybe more but I doubt it
Yeah I think the fact that Vakhitov declined had to do with money.
He openly spoke about considering MMA after leaving GLORY, so I guess just “not willing” to fight in the UFC isn’t the reason he turned down their contract

Kickboxing pays even worse than MMA.
Well, if you’re a champion or big name you get very good money in kickboxing.
GLORY paid their fighters a total of €1.625 million for the Badr Hari vs Alistair Overeem card (9 fights on the card), though I assume Badr and Reem took the lion’s share of that money. Also, this number doesn’t include PPV-points. A guess what PPV numbers Collision 4 did? The event was the lone big combat sports event that weekend so I guess a lot of MMA/boxing fans tuned in aswell.

Last edited:
Well, if you’re a champion or big name you get very good money in kickboxing.
GLORY paid their fighters a total of €1.625 million for the Badr Hari vs Alistair Overeem card (9 fights on the card), though I assume Badr and Reem took the lion’s share of that money. Also, this number doesn’t include PPV-points. A guess what PPV numbers Collision 4 did? The event was the lone big combat sports event that weekend so I guess a lot of MMA/boxing fans tuned in aswell.

Obviously the really popular champions and legends would get compensated. I see you're from the Netherlands so you might have a skewed perspective since your country has the most amount of superstars/legends in the sport. Here's a vid from a former GLORY champion and the numbers are not that great.

Back