News Artem Vakhitov, last man to beat Alex Pereira, turns down UFC contract

Should Artem Vakhitov have signed the UFC contract?

• Total voters

BoxerMaurits

The Dutchman
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The former GLORY Kickboxing LHW-champion turned down offers from UFC and ONE Championship after GLORY terminated his contract.

Full release:
https://beyondkick.com/news/artem-vakhitov-signs-with-muaythai-factory-set-to-debut-in-december-1
@Yodsanan

He now signed with Russian promotion “MuayThai Factory” and is set to debut in December.

Artem Vakhitov and Alex Pereira went 1-1 in GLORY, switching the LHW-belt in two very close fights.
Here is the highlight video of both titlefights combined:

Good move? Or should Vakhitov have signed with UFC to chase Pereira like Poatan chased Izzy and continue the rivalry?

Discuss..

Artem Vakhitov’s highlights:

First Pereira fight (Pereira won the title):

Second Pereira fight (Vakhitov won the title back):

Though, a lot of people thought Artem won the first fight and Alex the second (both fights could’ve gone either way imo)

Vakhitov relies on big gloves and high guard a lot for his defense. Reason why Alex and Izzy are special is because of their defense that isn't reliant on a static high guard and big gloves like most kickboxers. They have better head, upper body movement and positioning than most kickboxers. They're also just flat out elite athletes regardless in vacuum and Alex has alien attributes with his height, big bones, frame, power, cardio.

Look at Saki who also relies on big gloves for defense to block and got KOd by Rountree in MMA. Wilnis and Yousri who are 2 of the elite MWs from Alex and Izzy's era of kickboxing and fought both multiple times.... they are 2-2 and 3-2 in MMA right now and they're both 30yo too. Younger than Alex or Izzy. They won't ever be even decent MMA fighters most likely.

I hope Alex and Izzy success doesn't fool casuals into thinking any elite kickboxer can transition successfully because that is not going to happen.

Last edited:
Does he have any MMA experience? I mean, he's just signed with another kickboxing org?

Does he have any MMA experience? I mean, he's just signed with another kickboxing org?
No he hasn’t done MMA before.
He’s signed with a Russian Muay Thai promotion, but his contract isn’t exclusive, which means that Vakhitov is free to sign with other promotions.
I guess he isn’t staying there for the long run, but he had to do something now his GLORY contract got terminated..

Back