Multiplatform Armored Core VI

I'm currently at the mission: Chapter 5 - Take The Uninhabited Floating City. Failed a couple times because I can tell my AC is too slow. Maybe I should look up some faster builds.

Edit: Did it the very next try then chose between two missions
I killed Carla
and completed it. I assume I'm near the end of the game now.
Yeah you’re headed towards the end. That decision gives you the “good” ending. That’s what I went with on my first play through.

I’m about the same on NG+ and just got through the opposite mission to start down the “bad” ending.

Well worth playing through again with all the new content you unlock and I fully intend on going through NG++ to get the “true” ending.

So apparently Balteus got nerfed in the latest patch?
Yeah some bosses got nerfed and some weapons got buffed.

Balance Adjustments
  • Weapon Unit balance adjustments:
    • MA-J-200 RANSETSU-RF: Increased attack power/rate of fire, decreased reload time.
    • LR-036 CURTIS: Increased attack power, decreased reload time.
    • RF-024 TURNER: Increased attack power/projectile speed, decreased reload time.
    • RF-025 SCUDDER: Increased attack power/projectile speed, decreased reload time.
    • MA-J-201 RANSETSU-AR: Increased attack power/projectile speed, decreased reload time.
    • MG-014 LUDLOW: Increased attack power/total rounds/projectile speed, decreased recoil and reload time.
    • DF-MG-02 CHANG-CHEN: Increased attack power/total rounds/projectile speed, decreased reload time.
    • MA-E-210 ETSUJIN: Increased attack power/total rounds/projectile speed, decreased reload time.
  • Adjusted certain attacks performed by the enemy units AAP07: BALTEUS, IA-13: SEA SPIDER and IB-01: CEL240.

For the more experienced players in here: Should I go back and replay missions for new parts I missed? Are any worth it?

There's some really awesome parts hidden around the later levels, definitely worth it imo

So apparently Balteus got nerfed in the latest patch?

Not a Radahn level nerf, but yeah. I played against him a few times and his health bar seems a little smaller (could just be the buffed weapons as well), tends to use less of that huge missile attack, uses the flame sword attack less, and generally is a little less mobile than he used to be. I really didn't think it was necessary tbh, before the nerf you could destroy him in a single combo with the right melee build, and there were plenty of weapons/builds that could rain damage and finish him super fast.

And I've finally completed NG. DEFINITELY going to go for the true ending over time. This game was phenomenal.

I never felt like I was "cheated" in death. Everything was my own damn fault and every single time I achieved victory I felt accomplished... except for the final boss of the good ending which was a bit anticlimactic in my opinion.

Spoilered for NG+ boss though I guess this is really just the bad ending boss.

IMG_8649.jpegIMG_8658.jpeg

Easily one of the hardest bosses in the game. Thought Ayre was harder than CEL240

NG++ has already been awesome with the new paths opening up.

Last edited:
Spoilered for NG+ boss though I guess this is really just the bad ending boss.

View attachment 1001594View attachment 1001595

Easily one of the hardest bosses in the game. Thought Ayre was harder than CEL240

NG++ has already been awesome with the new paths opening up.

You're killing it with the photo mode, man! These shots look great. If you thought the bad ending boss was hard, the true ending final boss is absolutely insane. Even using my cheese build, it took me a good while to get the win. I think the true ending boss and CEL240 are my favorites, hard as nails and beautiful designs

You're killing it with the photo mode, man! These shots look great. If you thought the bad ending boss was hard, the true ending final boss is absolutely insane. Even using my cheese build, it took me a good while to get the win. I think the true ending boss and CEL240 are my favorites, hard as nails and beautiful designs
Thanks, not sure what it is about this game but I’m really digging the photo mode haha.

I tore through CEL my last play through but this one took a minute to figure out. Felt like as soon as I turned on the pressure I got it. I’m getting through NG++ pretty fast, closing in on chapter four. Can’t wait to see the true boss.

This game keeps getting more and more amazing. Just finished Chapter IV.

Ibis felt like Malenia. Utter spectacle of a fight. I couldn't stop taking damage, so I decided to go full tank, dual Zimmies and two gun-needz. Tried to stay close, time my shotgun shots until i broke her stagger, and then bam. Thank God her health and stagger is manageable. I was left with a sliver of health and no kits remaining. Took me about 4-5 tries. It's a short fight, but extremely fun.

Michigan was also a tough sob I must say.

Came back to the game after several days and finally wrapped up NG++ with the true ending. Holy shit that was incredible. I’m not sure I can do S ranks on everything but I’d like to try lol.

Came back to the game after several days and finally wrapped up NG++ with the true ending. Holy shit that was incredible. I’m not sure I can do S ranks on everything but I’d like to try lol.

I had to give up on S ranking everything. Different missions seem to have different criteria for achieving an S rank, and I just don't have it in me to grind away trying to figure out how I have to play every mission exactly as the game wants me to.
Screenshot-20230921-123745-Steam.jpg

Maybe sometime in the future if I get a bunch of time off of work

I had to give up on S ranking everything. Different missions seem to have different criteria for achieving an S rank, and I just don't have it in me to grind away trying to figure out how I have to play every mission exactly as the game wants me to.
Screenshot-20230921-123745-Steam.jpg

Maybe sometime in the future if I get a bunch of time off of work
Yeah some are focused on time, some on time with additional enemies taken out, some on highest score. Should just have a points criteria like pretty much every other ranking system.

Vaati with a video up on some cool build ideas. All except the first are foreign to me so I’d like to try some out.

I'm about to start digging into this series, starting with the PS2 releases.

I have them running on PCSX2 emulator upscaled to 4K with widescreen hacks, and dual analog stick hacks for Armored Core 2 and Another Age.

PS2 has a good amount of mech games. I've been having some fun with the Gundam VS games as well.

Can't beat the juggernaut in the crappy wall mission. His tracking is insane and when I get behind him he just whizzes away. This game is ass. Or maybe my loadout sucks. I've got a rifle and two shoulder cannons.

Can't beat the juggernaut in the crappy wall mission. His tracking is insane and when I get behind him he just whizzes away. This game is ass. Or maybe my loadout sucks. I've got a rifle and two shoulder cannons.

I thought that guy was pretty easy. Wait till you get to the later game bosses. Insane the things they can do. I would use the sword for this boss though it did tons of damage once you stagger him.

I thought that guy was pretty easy. Wait till you get to the later game bosses. Insane the things they can do. I would use the sword for this boss though it did tons of damage once you stagger him.
That's what I do, it's just a pain in the ass because the range on the sword sucks and he just zooms away from you. I can get him down to a hit or two but the combat is so unfun I can't be bothered to grind him out

Back