Arman: Islam wants me on short notice to have an advantage. When was the last time Islam fought 2x in 6 weeks?

Had enough of these angry manlets tbh. I'm hoping Islam ices Arman and Max ices Ilia.

I like my manlets funny and carnival performer esque, like Volk and Hasbullah.

Max said it best. Someting like, how can Islam be crying about not fighting? Brother u could've fought but you only want to fight when it fits YOU
2 fighters same camp, exact same career patterns. It's just a coincidence though apparently. It's no different to when Izzy took Sean on a similar shorter notice fight though.

Islam has been back in camp for ages now. I believe the UFC did offer him an earlier fight also(Pre ramadan), but he got injured.

Arman is almost exactly 5 years younger. So there will be a time when he will beat Islam.
Which means Islam wants the fight sooner, preferably short notice for Arman. When he is 2:0 there will never be a third fight.
And Arman wants the fight later, as time is on his side.

Question is, will Islam retire before Arman gets his shot or go up a weight class

Nobody's knocking him for not pulling out of his fights too once his opponent does but nice strawman.

But staying in for a fight date you've already been preparing for is a hell of a lot different than stepping in off the couch for a fight you hadn't been training for. It's not hard to acknowledge that Islam obviously goes into those fights with an advantage, his fault or not. It is what it is.

The actual problem is that this is twice in a row now he's specifically taking the short notice opponent instead of fighting a prepared one. Gamrot was the official backup for Charles and he instead admitted he took Volk over him, and here he knew when everybody was fighting and still demanded they needed to fight him June 1 or not at all.

He went from being having the misfortune of short notice fights outside his control (Hooker, Green) to actively seeking them out (Volk 2, Poirier). That's a problem unless you're an Islam fan apparently.
He's on a 13 fight win streak and has pretty much dominated almost all his opponents except for a couple. It's pretty stupid to argue that Islam is skating by on advantages, which is essentially what you're implying. For Volk he fought while clearly weight drained in front of a hostile crowd, he still won. All he can do is fight the people that're put in front of him.

So you don't think Islam and his team and the UFC discussed potential opponents prior to UFC 300?? There was a very good chance that his next opponent was coming from UFC 300 and early June was the fight he decided on. He is ready and training while those guys had fights lined up. Of course there is that advantage they consider.
The funny thing is Islam was against the UFC 300 matchmaking for this very reason, he knew that the winner of Arman-Oliveira wouldn't be ready in time. So it's pretty rich that some fans (and Arman) are accusing him of trying to get Arman on short notice. Islam would've preferred fighting Arman in March over fighting Dustin in June.

I'm not putting the blame on Islam. I'm saying that while it still isn't ideal for Islam, it's way way less ideal for those short notice fill-ins.
Sure but they signed the contracts to fight. The reward for beating Islam would have been worth it. Not really Islam's fault for being a bad motherfucker.

Charles and Dustin both also had to turn around much sooner than Islam, after having to have tough fights first.

All to fit Islam's schedule of Abu Dhabi and June 1 respectively.

No one's saying it's not smart to fight when you have an advantage, but pretending like that's not what Islam does is ridiculous and dishonest by his fans.
Ok, hold on, there must be something I'm not understanding then.

If his opponents pull out and short notice guys fill in and if he doesn't force guys to come in on short turn arounds (as you pointed, they don't have short turn arounds, in fact they have plenty of time), then what is up with your furious crusade against Makhachev across these forums?

The funny thing is Islam was against the UFC 300 matchmaking for this very reason, he knew that the winner of Arman-Oliveira wouldn't be ready in time. So it's pretty rich that some fans (and Arman) are accusing him of trying to get Arman on short notice. Islam would've preferred fighting Arman in March over fighting Dustin in June.
Islam was so against it he...

Still insisted on fighting June 1 instead of any of the cards a few weeks later.

Can't say I blame Arman for being scared. Islam is better than him everywhere. Dude couldn't even beat Gamrot and went to split decision and was almost finished by the guy Islam whooped like an amateur.

UFC 300 to June 1 is 7 weeks. What kind of clown cries about "short notice" for a fight in 7 weeks when you're already in shape?

I think he just knows that he took a short notice fight with Islam already and lost so he doesn't want to be under prepared. He's literally got one more shot at him. Islam is not sticking around LW long.
They got the same notice. Arman wasn't a replacement opponent, they added the fight to the card over a month in advance.

Last edited:
Islam was so against it he...

Still insisted on fighting June 1 instead of any of the cards a few weeks later.
Islam is the champ, being champ has privileges. Why should he wait for a specific opponent to cater to their schedule and wait on the sidelines while they fight, go on vacation, and then start another camp? Dustin was ready and Arman was not. Islam was ready in March and he was ready in June. UFC fucked up the matchmaking and that’s why Arman didn’t have enough time. But of course moron fans always prefer blaming fighters for the UFCs screwups.

Last edited:
Sure but they signed the contracts to fight. The reward for beating Islam would have been worth it. Not really Islam's fault for being a bad motherfucker.

Again, not saying Islam has done anything wrong here lol.

Islam is the champ, being champ has privileges. Apparently this applies to every champ except Islam. Why should he wait for a specific opponent to cater to their schedule and wait on the sidelines while they fight, go on vacation, and then start another camp? Dustin was ready and Arman was not. Islam calls the shots as the champ, he fights when he’s ready and the contenders adjust to his schedule, not the other way around. He was ready in March and he was ready in June. UFC fucked up the matchmaking and that’s why Arman didn’t have enough time. But of course moron fans always prefer blaming fighters for the UFCs screwups.
Islam's champion privilege is fighting

35 year old
0-3 in title fights
1 fight win streak over #13
last place contender
who's already lost to your team mate you have the same skill set as
6 week notice
1 month removed from their last fight

Dustin Poirier instead of an actual contender?

Damn son. No wonder Dustin wants that belt. If he wins he can just defend against a similarly unworthy dude instead of rematching Islam now that he's got that champ shit privilege.

Your rules, not mine buddeh.

Islam's champion privilege is fighting

35 year old
0-3 in title fights
1 fight win streak over #13
last place contender
who's already lost to your team mate you have the same skill set as
6 week notice
1 month removed from their last fight

Dustin Poirier instead of an actual contender?

Damn son. No wonder Dustin wants that belt. If he wins he can just defend against a similarly unworthy dude instead of rematching Islam now that he's got that champ shit privilege.

Your rules, not mine buddeh.

markg171: why doesn’t Islam fight a top 5 LW for once instead of fighting FWs!

Islam: signs contract to fight the #2 ranked LW and future hall of famer

markg171: Noooooo!! Not that one!

LOL. You idiots constantly shift the goal posts. You were ready to put Oliviera into the GOAT conversation for beating Dustin but now he’s not good enough to fight islam lol. Ok bud.

Ok, hold on, there must be something I'm not understanding then.

If his opponents pull out and short notice guys fill in and if he doesn't force guys to come in on short turn arounds (as you pointed, they don't have short turn arounds, in fact they have plenty of time), then what is up with your furious crusade against Makhachev across these forums?
I was wondering this myself? whats the fucking point of the thread?
Its just an anti-Dagistani crybaby whine cos hes still snivelling over Conor getting his arse handed to him from years ago.
Tragic loser

markg171: why doesn’t Islam fight a top 5 LW for once instead of fighting FWs!

Islam: signs contract to fight the #2 ranked LW and future hall of famer

markg171: Noooooo!! Not that one!

LOL. You idiots constantly shift the goal posts. You were ready to put Oliviera into the GOAT conversation for beating Dustin but now he’s not good enough to fight islam lol. Ok bud.
Dustin is neither the #2 ranked LW, nor is it 2021 anymore like when Charles fought him.

But yeah please enjoy your new rules if Dustin does somehow beat Islam and he denies him a rematch.

Dustin is neither the #2 ranked LW, nor is it 2021 anymore like when Charles fought him.

But yeah please enjoy your new rules if Dustin does somehow beat Islam and he denies him a rematch.
Dustin just KO’d one of the biggest up and comers in the division bud. He might not have earned a TS but let’s not pretend he’s some washed up fighter. Still one of the best LWs in the world.

Dustin just KO’d one of the biggest up and comers in the division bud. He might not have earned a TS but let’s not pretend he’s some washed up fighter. Still one of the best LWs in the world.
Wow he beat #13. Guess we should give them the next title shot.

Hey it's still BSD. Dustin vs BSD 2 for the LW belt. Cracker of a rematch, sells itself.

Thanks for the new rules dog.

Wow he beat #13. Guess we should give them the next title shot.

Hey it's still BSD. Dustin vs BSD 2 for the LW belt. Cracker of a rematch, sells itself.

Thanks for the new rules dog.

Lol you're living and dying with the rankings with such seriousness. Let's not act like BSD couldn't pick up some wins in the top 10. Also he did good in that fight prior to the KO and he had staph as well.

Also as far as living and dying with the rankings, "No top 5 wins" Islam was favored to beat Oliveira by people who actually put their money where their mouth is & he destroyed him as expected. <lmao>

Back