Arlovski/Boser Completely Unique Scorecard

i literally fell asleep. Missed 1st round of main event.

andrei-arlovski-tanner-boser-ufc-on-espn-plus-40-scorecard.jpg

I'm not sure I've ever seen this before. Arlovski won 29-28 on all three cards, but each judge gave Boser a different round.
It was weird. I honestly thought Boser won every round via activity, but the fight was pure shit so I didn't really care.

I think Andre should try growing his hair back out and manscaping his chest, arms, and back like he used to do back in his heyday. Its worth a shot.

The fight definitely didn’t deliver as expected, half of Sherdog thought this tilt was going to be Boser’s coming out party, the other half thought it would be his first bad loss due to facing a name opponent. Looks like everyone was wrong, the only losers here were the fans, neither fighter committing to actually winning the fight and happy to fight conservatively and let it go to the cards, what a joke of a comain.

Boser did absolutely nothing in the first round. I can’t see how it can be scored for him.

He did come alive with low kicks in rounds 2 and 3, so that’s understandable, but I believe Arlovski won the fight and won every round.

The fight definitely didn’t deliver as expected, half of Sherdog thought this tilt was going to be Boser’s coming out party, the other half thought it would be his first bad loss due to facing a name opponent. Looks like everyone was wrong, the only losers here were the fans, neither fighter committing to actually winning the fight and happy to fight conservatively and let it go to the cards, what a joke of a comain.

Honestly I never thought Boser was going to amount to much, it says more about the state of the HW division that people got so excited about him.

Agreed, he’s a fun watch when he’s able to get guys to bite his faints, overcommit, and counter, but I never realistically thought he would be destined for the top 10. Even though the HW division is a barren wasteland of new talent, There’s obviously levels to this, and Boser will be a middling fringe top 15 guy at best.
Honestly I never thought Boser was going to amount to much, it says more about the state of the HW division that people got so excited about him.

Weird card scoring for sure, but I was at least glad to see the nod in favor of Andrei. Boser had the strike count advantage. But it was basically 65% leg kicks that really didn't seem to be affecting Andrei a whole lot considering he spent the whole fight kicking his leg and he never really seem compromised by it. The right hands Andrei was landing were far and away the most meaningful strikes in the fight visibly wobbling Tanner more than once, and making him hesitate to throw hands for most of the fight.
I was a little worried about the judges but they got it right despite the oddness of the cards.

Boser was playing pattycake and he was terrified when AA charged forward. At one point he was running backward and slammed himself into the cage incredibly hard just trying to escape the blitz. Give me 10 hard head rattling shots over a bunch of leg kicks that aren't slowing the man down. If AA was showing effects ie limping or showing decreasing footwork maybe score those kicks.

Canadian Karate guy froze up in the moment. Wasn't ready for primetime.

Considering the welt on the outside of Andrei's leg I don't know how "baby" those leg kicks were. Most effective strikes of the fight, I thought.
He never wobbled him and certainly never dropped him and he never limped or showed any ill effects.

Judging leg kicks based on ONLY aesthetic damage is a dangerous slippery slope. AA was checking a lot of them. You can get a bruise from checking a kick but it doesn't mean it was an effective strike.

Exactly the outcome and fight I expected. I like Boser, but some people would do well to remember that's fucking 17-6 or something, he's been around for years and has never pulled up trees. He was being spoken of as some 'new contender' when he's basically just a pretty good journeyman.

I was a little worried about the judges but they got it right despite the oddness of the cards.

Boser was playing pattycake and he was terrified when AA charged forward. At one point he was running backward and slammed himself into the cage incredibly hard just trying to escape the blitz. Give me 10 hard head rattling shots over a bunch of leg kicks that aren't slowing the man down. If AA was showing effects ie limping or showing decreasing footwork maybe score those kicks.

Canadian Karate guy froze up in the moment. Wasn't ready for primetime.
Yeah I was concerned they would see it that way as well. But was glad to see they had it what I think was the right call.

Snoozer.
Who decides to book these garbage HW matches on main cards instead of prelims.

"Relative nobody HW vs. Washed up 40 year old HW" = MAIN CARD!

ALL Heavyweight fights should remain on prelims
and only aired later,
if there is a finish.

It's an insult.

Back