Arlovski/Boser Completely Unique Scorecard

Boser did absolutely nothing in the first round. I can’t see how it can be scored for him.

He did come alive with low kicks in rounds 2 and 3, so that’s understandable, but I believe Arlovski won the fight and won every round.

I had Boser winning first and third. Andrei threw literally nothing in the first, and Tanner edged the third.

Exactly the outcome and fight I expected. I like Boser, but some people would do well to remember that's fucking 17-6 or something, he's been around for years and has never pulled up trees. He was being spoken of as some 'new contender' when he's basically just a pretty good journeyman.

He was a regional champ in Canada, I think he’s better than a pretty good journeyman. He has lots of potential.

I scored Rounds 1 and 3 for Boser due to strike count and activity, but the fight was so close that I'm not all that upset by the outcome. It was tough to score due to the inactivity of both men.

Boser's leg kicks weren't devastating, but I think people are also reading a little too much into Andrei's "power shots". Even Wittman was acting like there was blood in the water with Tanner on the brink of death every time Andrei connected, which I don't think was the case. Tanner just has a weird herky-jerky overreaction to being hit in which he's a bit... extra in his footwork/head movement to try and evade further punishment or give his opponent a new look I guess? He'll eat a minor/glancing jab and it damn near looks like it sends him reeling across the cage when he's actually just backpedaling like a madman for no good reason while dipping and rolling Clay Guida style. It's part of his unorthodox style, I don't know if it's his sport karate roots showing through or what. Doesn't do him any favors with the judges/spectators, though, but it's been a thing ever since his debut.

lmaooo I was thinking to myself this guy looks like a younger version of Roy Nelson.

I think Felder and another commentator called him a "reformed Roy Nelson who ate fewer cheeseburgers" during his Pessoa fight.

Last edited:
No way Arlovski should of won that fight he landed like one clean shot the whole fight

This actually happens more than you'd think.

Cruz vs Cody was like this as well and that had 2 more rounds. I think Cyborg vs Holly as well.

andrei-arlovski-tanner-boser-ufc-on-espn-plus-40-scorecard.jpg

I'm not sure I've ever seen this before. Arlovski won 29-28 on all three cards, but each judge gave Boser a different round.

That's why I don't watch him compete anymore. It's just close and uneventful fights where every boring round could be decided by a coin toss.

Why is combat sports judging one of the only professional jobs without consistent professional standards?

hard fight to call but there should be some sort of unity right? Very rare scorecard!

score more 10 10s and reduce ambiguity

Confirmed: both guys lost every round.....

Instead of awarding stupid 10-9 rounds, they shouldv made rounds either 10-8 rounds or 10-10 rounds. By doing this we eliminate all useless decision/draw type fighters. Arlovski wouldv been gone along time ago.

Whenever we have close fights, even sherdoggers disagree as to which rounds were won and lost by a fighter.

It's entirely possible that even with the most professional and knowledgable judges that it occasionally is gonna happen in close fights that each round is scored differently by the judges, and it has nothing - necessarily - to do with incompetance.

i have to 99% disagree.

With a proper scoring system, most of the decisions would be correct. The professional standards don't just apply to personnel, but also to methodology/protocols.

Got carded for saying a bad thing about these guys after this fight.

Let's say that I find Arlovski entertaining only when he ends up face down and unconcious in the octagon and I don't think he should be getting good places in fight cards.

Also Boser should not be happy with his performace and people who hyped him are wrong.

i have to 99% disagree.

With a proper scoring system, most of the decisions would be correct. The professional standards don't just apply to personnel, but also to methodology/protocols.

If the scoring system is changed so that 10-10 or 9-9 rounds are dished out on a way more frequent basis, that's literally the only way to solve the problem. But that would mean that oftentimes when it's a close fight, it would be scored a draw.

And that simply doesn't work. So it doesn't solve the problem.

NO ONE, even the best of experts, are able to score a really close round "correctly". What's a "significant strike" ie? No one can tell for sure.

You simply can't have "THE right" decissions in sports that are subjectively judged.

Back