Ariel Helwani layeth the smacketh down on UFC/Ronda

He became the main MMA reporter off the back of his passion for the sport
Actually he became the biggest reporter in the sport when he agreed to become a shill for the UFC when he was reporting MMA news on Fox's payroll. He threw away his journalist integrity for popularity, then he backstabbed Zuffa when he leaked the Lesnar news and cried that he did it in the name of journalism, when in reality he did it for website clicks.

He's a fucking attention whore weasle. Always trying to stir things up for artificial 'news.' He would throw his own mother under the bus for a few more twitter hits.

Actually he became the biggest reporter in the sport when he agreed to become a shill for the UFC when he was reporting MMA news on Fox's payroll. He threw away his journalist integrity for popularity, then he backstabbed Zuffa when he leaked the Lesnar news and cried that he did it in the name of journalism, when in reality he did it for website clicks.

He's a fucking attention whore weasle. Always trying to stir things up for artificial 'news.' He would throw his own mother under the bus for a few more twitter hits.

He was the biggest before the UFC even were on Fox. The MMA Hour made him who he is.

I thought him acting like he didn't get why UFC was upset when he leaked the Brock news was weird.

Kinda obvious why that would piss them off.

Why is rattling Dana important?

Dana keeps his job and continues running his part of the company either way.

Because he's doing actual journalism and talking about the real issues, not just sucking up to the UFC like a lot of shills do.

Because he's doing actual journalism and talking about the real issues, not just sucking up to the UFC like a lot of shills do.

What actual journalism is he doing that is so important?

He talks about fucking MMA gossip which is pointless. Talks about PED's? Well fighters take legal shit that gives them advantages.

Talks about what exactly? What journalism is he doing that's so important? The sport will go on just fine without him.

it'll be funny if she wins and decides she wants to talk now and everyones like na bitch payback time..

She'll never want to talk to them because they have zero reach. Ronda's like Dana in that she despises "hardcore fans" and doesn't care what they think. Her success stems from her ability to draw fans and PPV buys from outside of the traditional MMAsphere.

"Layeth the smacketh down"

Looks to me that he's too scared to go all in on Ronda and give her the treatment she deserves for acting like a spoiled brat.

Believe me, shell respond to if he said it anyway. In the sub text, he did.

It looks like he's trying really hard not to say "WTF is this shit? It's fucking retarded".

But obviously that would be rude! You don't want to be part of Ronda's list twice.

Also if she loses, she will be the ultimate DNB. She will have done zero media, and got her ass beat by Amanda. So hopefully she gets rekt and we start calling her DNB from now on.

Last edited:
What actual journalism is he doing that is so important?

He talks about fucking MMA gossip which is pointless. Talks about PED's? Well fighters take legal shit that gives them advantages.

Talks about what exactly? What journalism is he doing that's so important? The sport will go on just fine without him.

All sorts. I don't care enough to try and break it all down though. lol

If I was nunes I would be pissed off

Yep. I would be, as well.

This is bad for Nunes. This is easily her biggest opportunity to expand her fanbase and profile, and she's not getting the chance.

I wonder if Nunes still wants to do media without Ronda, and I also wonder if she's been straight up prevented by the UFC to do so.

If only one person is doing media, you know the one not doing any would appear like a total asshole.

Nunes is getting screwed. This will be the biggest payday of her career, and no chance to sell the fight to the media and the people who will watch those things. The champion who did what the UFC wanted and waited for Ronda, and now she's potentially getting screwed out of a lot of money for it.

All sorts. I don't care enough to try and break it all down though. lol

It's all good i've been around since the beginning. I'm well aware of everything Ariel has done.

The fact is every single one of those "Journalists" are pointless. They all got involved so they can be super fans and know who is fighting who before everyone else. Now the PED's and Fighter pay etc etc. gives them actual shit to talk about and they can try and fool people into thinking they are reporters or hard hitting journalists.

Fact is they were all just first to the fire in a baby sport and play super fan like we do on this forum. They do it for the access and so they can nerd out and have the best seats in the house. They "report" on things to empower themselves and their careers and not necessarily what's best for the sport.

Perfect example is Ariel spoiling the Lesnar announcement. That was completely for Ariel's own ego and in no way is journalism. Instead of letting the UFC provide a special surprise moment for the paying PPV audience he ruins the surprise so he can get his credit for being first to know something.

It's like video game media getting the games first and having other people watch them play it early. It's completely for their ego.

I've seen more legitimate "reporting" from Marc Raimondi in the past couple months than Ariel has done his entire career and that was with favortism and the best access to Dana White.

It's all good i've been around since the beginning. I'm well aware of everything Ariel has done.

The fact is every single one of those "Journalists" are pointless. They all got involved so they can be super fans and know who is fighting who before everyone else. Now the PED's and Fighter pay etc etc. gives them actual shit to talk about and they can try and fool people into thinking they are reporters or hard hitting journalists.

Fact is they were all just first to the fire in a baby sport and play super fan like we do on this forum. They do it for the access and so they can nerd out and have the best seats in the house. They "report" on things to empower themselves and their careers and not necessarily what's best for the sport.

Perfect example is Ariel spoiling the Lesnar announcement. That was completely for Ariel's own ego and in now way is journalism. Instead of letting the UFC provide a special surprise moment for the paying PPV audience he ruins the surprise so he can get his credit for being first to know something.

It's like video game media getting the games first and having other people watch them play it early. It's completely for their ego.

I've seen more legitimate "reporting" from Marc Raimondi in the past couple months than Ariel has done his entire career and that was with favortism and the best access to Dana White.

<mma4>

He is butt hurt. The media is always super sensitive to getting cut off to politicians, athletes, etc. They have to keep up the aura that they are incredibly important; which they really aren't anymore.

Ronda not promoting her fight is stupid though. She is going to take a mega hit in ppv buys. Who knows what went on behind the scenes with this negotiation.

Nah Ronda isn't stupid. She has money she needs to focus on training. We saw her flaws she needs all the time she can get to fix them.

It's all about the mystery.

Is Ronda completely cracked?

Have you bought into that she is?

If she were cracked she wouldn't partake in a media strum, correct?

This is all a smoke screen of trolling/psychological war games by the UFC.

What a sucker.

Ariel got triggered and is whining about how rousey won't talk to him. He probably said something that caused that.

This is how women in the workforce behave as well. A couple months ago this chick in the office got called out by my boss for being lazy. Her response? Run to the bathroom and cry for 30 minutes, then accuse a bunch of us of sexism to HR. She then sat at her desk with headphones on and ignored everyone for 2 days like a child.
The world is going to trash. I had a similar situation happen where a female co worker started crying and stormed out. She was given a week off with a small raise and was back like nothing happened. The PC nonsense has to stop. If I'm the boss and you storm out you're fired. If you're lazy and not working you get your hours cut. I'd fire them and tell them to cry at home where someone will care.

I'm glad he finally got Daniel Cormier's penis out of his mouth.

Back