Ariel Helwani layeth the smacketh down on UFC/Ronda

This is how women in the workforce behave as well. A couple months ago this chick in the office got called out by my boss for being lazy. Her response? Run to the bathroom and cry for 30 minutes, then accuse a bunch of us of sexism to HR. She then sat at her desk with headphones on and ignored everyone for 2 days like a child.

An anecdote about 1 woman you work with does not represent "women in the workforce" just like Ronda's attitude does not represent all women in WMMA.

Shows again that Ariel is a bit of a dummy. Conor didn't show up to an event he agreed to, while Ronda made a deal beforehand.

Why not do any mma media? Because she'd have to answer what she's been doing since the loss and how she handled the loss 100 times.

I'm not agreeing with it, but the reasons and differences are clear.

ronda's mental weakness is not going to be an issue. Nunes is going to fold.

She has handled her loss horribly. She continues to behave embarrassingly on the public stage. I hope she loses again and we can be free of her in the MMA realm.

I actually think this will produce some decent ppv numbers with this approach, it's unique but it also builds anticipation for the return of seeing Honda rise again or fall face first off the cliff.

Call it damage control or call it smart tactical marketing, either way it's a different approach that the new owners are experimenting with

Yep. I would be, as well.

Nunes is getting screwed. This will be the biggest payday of her career, and no chance to sell the fight to the media and the people who will watch those things. The champion who did what the UFC wanted and waited for Ronda, and now she's potentially getting screwed out of a lot of money for it.

I disagree. Amanda has been doing plenty of media. Aside from the regular MMA media she's on TMZ, she was on Fox Sports Live, she was on FOX 11 Los Angeles, she was on Power 106 etc etc. So she's definitely been getting a fair chance to sell this fight. She's the champion now - she should be doing the most media. I said it earlier but Ronda did all this when she was the champion and didn't rely on her opponents to sell the fights. I didn't see anybody complaining about it then. Amanda is the champion - Ronda has really no obligation to sell this fight for her or anyone else on the card.

I wish Ariel wasn't such a spineless worm and would just say "this is fucking stupid."

He types a 15 tweet chain about how dumb it is and sprinkles in "But it doesn't bother me! Different is fun!"

<36>
If he goes full savage mode they might ban him and we will see another cry.gif. Aint nobody wanna see that again.

Back