Ariel Helwani: I don't look forward to Aldo/McGrego now as much as i did 4 months ago

I feel the same but, i'm like a jilted lover... I can't let the first fight not happening go.

But i'm sure i'll start to get hyped all over again in November.

It might be coz I still don't trust Jose to show up.

I was thinking of the same example. In both cases the hype seemed to peak at different times and kinda early and then after I was getting tired and over-saturated with all the talk as it was and just really wanted the fight to take place. Then it gets delayed and it is hard to maintain that same level of excitement for so long. Plus you can never bank on these things happening as it is. Might be a little different if it was a guarantee to happen. I will probably get back into it as it gets closer and then just keep my fingers crossed.
Definitely agree, it's hard to keep that level of excitement and emotion going too far in advance of actually seeing the fight (or most anything in life). Even Conor Mc had had enough for a bit after the Mendes fight, though maybe his tears and emotion were from the long journey or from the happiness of being (interim) champ.

I agree. But they will start to hype it up and by the time it's fight week I will be more hyped than I was before

Back