Ariel Helwani: I don't look forward to Aldo/McGrego now as much as i did 4 months ago

B

Bulletproof Acc

[YT]8yh9uzge2CA[/YT]
30:00

Do you agree?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I don't agree. The world media tour and shit built it up nicely but I didn't care about that too much to make me interested in the fight.

Yes because after what we saw Conor did to Mendes on a bum knee we know Aldo has no chance (if Aldo even shows up).

Why not now when McGregor has finally proven himself against elite opponent. It's better now

Oh Ariel...

giphy.gif

Well Mcgregor and Aldo aren't at each others necks everyday (for the moment) and the promotion for the fight has died down a bit. It will pick up in October and November

I won't be excited for this fight until the weigh ins....

It's the same thing that happened with Jon Bones vs DC. After the brawl people were super-hyped for the fight, then it was postponed and when it finally happened people weren't as excited. The fight also didn't live up to expectations.

If Aldo withdrew on purpose to help kill some of the hype for the fight, it was a smart move. Fighting emotional is a bad idea and the UFC and Conor Mc were pushing all his buttons during the promo tour.

I agree. After watching those embedded videos, I was more hyped for that fight than I probably have ever been before and I think you can only reach that level of excitement once. I'll still watch it for sure but it won't be as special.

I agree it's pretty anticlimactic knowing that Conor will knock Aldo out within two rounds now.

Fight is fucking months out. Obviously you won't be excited. Just wait til it gets close and the GOAT starts his predictions again.

I'm not as excited to read an Ariel Helwani opinion piece as I was five years ago.

The hype will pick up right where it left off and this will be the fight of the century.

Lol please.

One more Embedded of Conor and Aldo staring down and you guys will be as excited as ever.

I agree.But i also felt they should of had the world tour closer to the fight.Could you have imagined how pumped u would of been if we had them antics a week or 2 out from the fight rather then 2- 3 months

Lol the fight will be even bigger than before

I am probably a little disconnected with the mainstream, but I am more excited for the fight now than I was before Conor/Mendes.

I personally didn't think Conor had earned the shot prior to facing Mendes, but he has now put the issue to bed. IMO he is the rightful challenger at this point. And his fight with Mendes was one of the bigger fights of the year. I would think that the exposure he gained from his performance in the interim bout would add to the excitement of the unification fight. TUFF will probably help too.

Aldo/McGregor stands to be one of, if not the biggest, fights at 155 and below that the sport has ever put together. It will be a "must watch" card for fans of the sport. And as disgusting as Werdum/Cain is, a HW title fight is a rare event in and of itself these days.

Let's hope that everyone manages to stay healthy.

Back