Ariel Helwani: I don't look forward to Aldo/McGrego now as much as i did 4 months ago

I think its because people expect Aldo to be a no show again...

that and the fact that mcgregor got the win but let's be honest, he didn't look impressive over a short notice mendes

Was referencing it more to the financial aspect, Aldo will receive a lot of money off of Conor's name, and for a guy who hardly ever shows up, can't promote a fight, and doesn't give 2 shit about his fans deserves to be pulling in 200k buys and making peanuts compared to everyone else.

I mean Conor pulled in more his last fight then Aldo did his entire career

I guess that in context, I can see where you're coming from. Aldo's not really a household name, but I'm a huge fan (I like Conor, too, as impossible as that may sound) and I still can't wait for that fight. I don't know that I agree about Aldo not giving a shit about his fans, though.

As you yourself said, it'll be the biggest fight of his career financially. More people will be watching than ever before. If it were me, I'd want to be in the best possible health for that fight, even if it means postponing it. Besides, the last thing Sherdog needs is for "Non-Bruised Ribs Aldo" to be born due to losing to Conor.

It'll start to buzz in October. We are already hyped from the world tour and 189. Nothing to worry about.

I disagree. It's much more interesting now. Aldo fighting coming off the layoff, McGregor finally earning his shot.

It's the same thing that happened with Jon Bones vs DC. After the brawl people were super-hyped for the fight, then it was postponed and when it finally happened people weren't as excited. The fight also didn't live up to expectations.

If Aldo withdrew on purpose to help kill some of the hype for the fight, it was a smart move. Fighting emotional is a bad idea and the UFC and Conor Mc were pushing all his buttons during the promo tour.
I was thinking of the same example. In both cases the hype seemed to peak at different times and kinda early and then after I was getting tired and over-saturated with all the talk as it was and just really wanted the fight to take place. Then it gets delayed and it is hard to maintain that same level of excitement for so long. Plus you can never bank on these things happening as it is. Might be a little different if it was a guarantee to happen. I will probably get back into it as it gets closer and then just keep my fingers crossed.

Just falling for the hype. Not that it's a bad thing. The UFC doesn't millions and millions of dollars on those things for nothing. I agree a lot more with the guy in the terrible shirt.

wth ariel talking about. I can't wait for that fight.

I can see what he is saying, he was invested in it then and the blowoff didn't happen so it's like they have to start over. Can't say I agree though.

that and the fact that mcgregor got the win but let's be honest, he didn't look impressive over a short notice mendes

So why are you being dishonest, then? TKO:ing Mendes in two rounds, when that's what he apparently made a bet he would do, without having done any live sparring/wrestling is not impressive? Aldo didn't even manage to finish him the second time around, and got a lot more battered in the process, even if he did not spend a lot of time on his back.

So why are you being dishonest, then? TKO:ing Mendes in two rounds, when that's what he apparently made a bet he would do, without having done any live sparring/wrestling is not impressive? Aldo didn't even manage to finish him the second time around, and got a lot more battered in the process, even if he did not spend a lot of time on his back.
Aldo did it in one and Duffy Bless.

Yes because after what we saw Conor did to Mendes on a bum knee we know Aldo has no chance (if Aldo even shows up).

No chance? I sincerely hope you've got a thick blanky to absorb all those tears after this fight is over, fan boy.

The UFC was really dumb,why not give McGreggor another guy out of the top 10?

Imagine Ronda getting destroyed by a completely out of shape Bethe who came in on 2 weeks notice?Nobody would care about her fighting Cyborg anymore.

Now we all know Aldo is easily going to win.I was pumped as fu** before Conor fought mendes and really thought it would be competitive.

I look forward to Weidman/Rockhold more than Aldo/Conor.

Fight might not happen but well Dana will strip Aldo when he postpones again.

It has lost some spark, I kind of agree with the little turd.

Meh these things happen.
It's the nature of the sport.
No need to be dramatic when it is better to be patient, as fans our interest is invested but that is inconsequential compared to what the fighters have invested.

When the fight is a month away he will be salivating and jump straight back into the hype.

Back