Are you political?

It makes a massive difference. It just doesn't these days because not enough people do it, or keep themselves informed. The world is a vastly different place because of the efforts of populist groups and voters.

Call me when voting makes a significant difference in, let's say, USA's Middle East policy.

441.jpg

i voted once, in 2000.
can't see it happening again.

Eh, 5. I know what's going on and know it's all bullshit.

SzTm43v.png

My country's political parties fairly accurately summed up.:)

4. I have opinions but i rather spend time questioning other people's ones than expressing my own ones.

I've never voted, but if there's ever a candidate I'll see as worth my vote, I will vote. I dont really anticipate ever voting.

On sherdog- 10. Anit-neocons, pro-multicultural, anit-Israel, pro-choice, somewhat pro guncontrol

In real life- 1. I do not talk politics, religion with anyone, except my immediate family and like 2 friends who I know somewhat share my thoughts

I've really been into politics over the past ten years or so.. so I'd go with 6 or 7. I used to post in the War Room regularly, and still from time to time.

I by no means claim to be an expert in all things politics though. It's too much of shit show to always think you're right about something and then argue about it.

We talk about it all the time at work. Not so much the red/blue stuff that consumes the American media outlets, but specific events that are shaping regions. I hate seeing dumb stuff pop up on CNN, stuff like, "Breaking News: Hillary Clinton promises to start attacking Bernie Sanders." Seriously? That's news? But ISIS propaganda out of their Raqqa office is becoming more frequent, with less coming out some of their satellite offices. That means a few things, and that's the sort of stuff that we like to talk.

I don't talk politics with others, just like most people don't talk the minutia of their jobs outside of work.

Last edited:
I enjoy the PC thing because it makes me laugh. But I don't know what to say about the big money establishment. Nothing we can do, it seems, so there's not much to discuss. I've never voted for a R or D president before, what more can I do.... I'm not an activist.

I think people with no interest in politics or history are happier in general. It sounds stupid but I wouldn't mind being like that. I buy two papers in the morning and will check online a lot during the corse of the day. Plus the evening news from various sources. When I have avoided all of it for a while (max I've done is 3 weeks) I felt way more upbeat and positive

People with no political dimension like to consider themselves apolitical, but their real position is status quo.

I'd rather live with the constant anxiety of my own ignorance than pretend that it doesn't matter or that everything can be explained by some dull, singular narrative.

Though I may not be overly interested in my own country's politics I find US and sometimes UK politics quite fascinating/entertaining.:)

Anarcho-capitalism is my flavor, anti-republicrat, anti-political party, anti-centralized "government," anti-aggression.

Pro-right to life, liberty, and property, pro-free market. Pro-law, pro-order, pro-self defense.

I put myself as a 1 today, I used to be a 8, but finally realized, none of it really matters (for me anyway).

I make av bets based on what I think will happen in future polite fists to cuffs.

Also, I majored in political science

A 10 but as I've got older I have found its best to limit any political talk in most social situations. If I have met you 6 times but always in a bar/restaurant/party type thing you would have no idea where I stand on anything.

I think people with no interest in politics or history are happier in general. It sounds stupid but I wouldn't mind being like that. I buy two papers in the morning and will check online a lot during the corse of the day. Plus the evening news from various sources. When I have avoided all of it for a while (max I've done is 3 weeks) I felt way more upbeat and positive

From my experience, that is the case. Although I have met poor people that want power with no political sense and they suffer horribly. I've also met my fare share of powerful people that are whistling cheese faces that are morally reprehensibly players. But, for the average middling bloke, who does his 9-5, pays his taxes, votes, is unconsciously shaped by their times, and for the most part is a poster child for a life examined, I would say this statement holds weight. Although, prescription stats might be a good start to a counter argument.

not really. i bug my government about boko haram but they never pay me no mind. i do work for my community, vote and bitch on the internet, that it. i'll give myself a 2.

i personally believe the factionalism between left and right to be just another tool of control made by cynics and bought by suckers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back