Are you political?

Does waiting for the Rape demons to take over the earth count as being political?
In that case yes.
If not. Then no.

I'm political in the sense that I like to judge people who have different political views than me.

I don't identify myself with any political party but I do have an opinion on how we should be governed.

About a 2. I support certain parties and ideas but haven't voted since 1992 in the Democratic primary. Only voted then because my GF at the time was working on the Clinton campaign. Thinking about it now, I should probably be a 1.

I have strong opinions on the state of domestic and world politics.

Basically, I feel that politics is all a game. Both sides effectively bat for the same masters. Even if a political figure has his own agenda, he'll eventually succumb to lobbyist and powerful figures.

A 10 but as I've got older I have found its best to limit any political talk in most social situations. If I have met you 6 times but always in a bar/restaurant/party type thing you would have no idea where I stand on anything.

I think people with no interest in politics or history are happier in general. It sounds stupid but I wouldn't mind being like that. I buy two papers in the morning and will check online a lot during the corse of the day. Plus the evening news from various sources. When I have avoided all of it for a while (max I've done is 3 weeks) I felt way more upbeat and positive

I'm political in the sense that I like to judge people who have different political views than me.

That's why I hate kindles and the like. I can't silently judge people on the train!!! Haha

I think people with no interest in politics or history are happier in general. It sounds stupid but I wouldn't mind being like that. I buy two papers in the morning and will check online a lot during the corse of the day. Plus the evening news from various sources. When I have avoided all of it for a while (max I've done is 3 weeks) I felt way more upbeat and positive[/QUOTE]

Why not go back to less politics and information, at the end of the day isn't the goal to be " upbeat and positive"

I don't know. I guess out of guilt, I know I would be happier but it's not necessarily how I'd like to be. Its strange. I'm reading way more fiction these days though and it really is a treat

Simple , on a scale of 1-10 ...10 being an in your face kind of person loudly professing your political affiliation and explaining how things should be run. 1 being someone who at any given time might not know who the president is...also give the reason.

I will put myself at a 2-3...not really interested, think it's mostly all bullshit, and will rarely engage..
I post on Mayberry not the War Room so what do you think?

Only with people who dont know ahit about politics ... That way i look smart

I'm interested in the workings of structures of power and control, especially on the macro scale.

But I'm not a joiner. And the shrill, mindless acrimony between the "left" and "right" bores me.

I put myself around 6. On forums I could discuss, but generally I'd refrain irl.

Nowadays everyone's a bit too emotional in regards to a discussion, and its hard to hold a decent one without ending in some kind of strange argument.

I would like to see all politicians gathered together and thrown in a massive pit where they are starved and forced to eat one another.

Anyone who aspires to be a politician is a scumbag.

During the '08 election I really got into the presidential race but that was basically an abberation. Whatever the Republicans or Democrats do it doesn't change my everyday life that much.

Of course it doesn't. At least not in the grand order of things.

It makes a massive difference. It just doesn't these days because not enough people do it, or keep themselves informed. The world is a vastly different place because of the efforts of populist groups and voters.

Back