Are You More Of A Fan Of New School Or Old School FIghters

Do you enjoy seeing the young up and coming new generation fighters beating down the veterans of the sport or do you prefer seeing the old guard win fights against the young fighters.

I don't like seeing old guys get beat up.

BJ Rory hurt more than Diaz because of the lack of respect and legacy tainting.
If he'd won (like that happens ever) it would have been huge!

Usually root for the older fighter especially if I feel most people are counting them out.

Old school. I do believe that there should be an old mans league though for guys who want to keep going but can't beat the young kids are hungry and were brought up in mma

I'm just a fan of fighters that think and fight like true champs whether they won a belt or not. :icon_arro

I try not to get caught up in taking sides in new school vs old school. The vets do deserve respect and special treatment I feel. It sucks that a lot of the young guns are so geared towards winning safely but there are some new school killers out there to be excited about

Honestly, it's always cool to see old fighters win fights. I despised Tito for a long time but when he beat Ryan Bader even I couldn't help but smile.

It seems the newer guys are just great athletes. I can't wait until we see Buakaw, Roy Jones Jr., Benny Urquidez, Gene Lebell, Rickson Gracie, Randy Couture, and GSP all in one person. If all we get is someone that mostly sucks at everything but cuts weight crazy and barely gets tired then the future of MMA is sloppy and boring.

between? Lol. I don't like the "new school guys" like Rory and Jones but I like the guys in their late 20s and 30s which is a lot of fighters.

Definitely a far bigger fan of old school. Those guys had an aura/mystique about them that you just don't see these days (aside from Brock, and that's what made him the biggest draw of all-time). Don't get me wrong, a guy like Jon Jones is absolutely phenomenal, and I love watching him fight, but it's just not the same as Fedor, Cro Cop, Rampage, Shogun, Wanderlei, Chuck, etc. Guys from the older generation were able to reach mythical levels due in large part to the sport not being as popular/widespread as it is today. They carried this aura which made them seem larger than life. Now we know everything about these guys, their training, their strengths/weaknesses, and guys have become so well rounded that while the sport's grown leaps and bounds in terms of talent and following, you lost a little bit of the mystique.

If you mean do I like one dimensional fighters over well balanced fighters, I would say the latter

New school, but when these new school inevitably become old school, it'll be old school for me.

Old or new im just a fan of anyone who comes to fight not "neutralize" or "control" their opponents.

I always enjoy watching up and comers, but I find it very difficult to like a new school guy (Jones) that beats the shit out of my favorite old school guys (Shogun, Rampage, Belfort).

I guess Im an old school kind of guy.

I like fighters because of the WAY the fight, not because of their veteran status or lack thereof. That being said, I have a soft spot for many of the legends of the sport, especially those in my sig

Back