• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are you glad women are in the UFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 700 guys who claims they are against women in the UFC actually watched every move in Rousey vs. Carmouche as well as Tate vs. Zingano.

The 400 guys who claims they don't care will make an effort to tune in to watch the women on the next edition of TUF.

Only a few will actually admit now that they were wrong, but that's okay, their infamous names will be forever imprinted on this historic poll when we look back in a few years :)

I didn't watch either fight and I don't watch TUF, regardless of gender. I'm only opposed to women being the UFC because of how shallow the talent pool is. Maybe having them in the UFC is the only way to expand it but as of right now, there really aren't very many top female fighters. When it comes down to it, they are obviously making the UFC money and that is what it is most important.

Women don't have rights XD

j/k. But in all seriousness I just don't like macho women.

They should have just let Invicta be the only wmma organization. They're doing a good job. Then just buy them later.

I said I don't care either way but have been thoroughly entertained by the two fights so far.

Of course it's going to be harder to watch the 20th and 23rd best going at it on a PPV.

One, two fights max per card and I'm in.

Glad is too strong of a word in reference to women getting to fight in the top mma organization.

I'm content to see women get to do something they like to do.

They should have just let Invicta be the only wmma organization. They're doing a good job. Then just buy them later.

This is exactly how I feel. Once the level of competition is there, I'd be all for it... but right now it's just way too amateurish. I'm not against women, but I am against paying to see amateurs fight, I feel the same way when a card has too many low level fighters on it. Last night, the WMMA match displayed no lesser skills than the Barnatt fight, but that's not saying a whole lot. Both those guys had no head movement, no footwork, no defense, just straight ahead with punches the entire fight. That's another fight I could care less to see. I want to see high level fights only in the UFC... there are bound to be snoozers but at least the technical level of fighting is high. Amateurs should compete in other orgs until the level of skill matches that which we've come to expect from UFC fighters. I never understood the LW argument either, those guys are beasts as are the lower weight classes, but there's never been a shortage of small guys who fight. I'm certain that women would have earned their rightful place in the UFC eventually, but I don't think it's quite there yet. I'd wager than if we weren't on the internet I wouldn't be able to find more than a handful of people who could name 10 female fighters in any org.

I think the womens fights are a waste of a slot at the card. They're entertaining in the same way c-level fighters are. Of course this means I am a huge misygonist.:icon_neut

I think the womens fights are a waste of a slot at the card. They're entertaining in the same way c-level fighters are. Of course this means I am a huge misygonist.:icon_neut

So Bubba's fight was just as entertaining as Cat vs Miehsa?

So Bubba's fight was just as entertaining as Cat vs Miehsa?
More entertaining =! better fight. Why do you think everyone watches GSP fights, sure isn't because they're entertaining.

I'd never take 2 high lvl wmma fighters over 2 high lvl Mens fighters. I think women dilute the cards.

I finds it hillarious to see all the "Tate vs. Zingano changed my mind" threads popping up after last night. Does that means all these guys casted their vote based on nothing but pure ignorance? Do you even know how many good fights you've missed out on after all these years??

Why would you talk smack on dumb-ass politicians who up to this day STILL wants to keep MMA out of New York, then turns around and shun a part of this sport that you knew close to ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about?? What kind of "fan" are you??

Fact is: if you waited all the way until you got spoonfed by Dana White in 2013 to appreciate what WMMA have to offer, you are no better than the self-proclaimed "hardcore fans" post-TUF that you have been poking fun at.

Last edited:
Amazed to see how many guys act like we live in the 1500s where women are dirt. All the girls in the UFC can win a fight the Octagon against 99% of Sherdoggers. WMMA fights are fast paced with a lot of finishes. What's there to complain about.

I dont care its not like the UFC is suddenly stacking their cards with wmma .
And since yesterday i really wish the ufc could make the effort for a Cyborg division :p

I'd never take 2 high lvl wmma fighters over 2 high lvl Mens fighters. I think women dilute the cards.

I'd take Tate & Zigano's fight over pretty much anything else on that card, outside of maybe Faber/Jorgenson. Same with most of the women's fights we've seen in Strikeforce. I don't care if the skill level is lower, so long as it's competitive. I care that they go out there and give everything for the win, rather than some of the guys who fight not to lose.

Yes, I like them as ring girls.

I finds it hillarious to see all the "Tate vs. Zingano changed my mind" threads popping up after last night. Does that means all these guys casted their vote based on nothing but pure ignorance? Do you even know how many good fights you've missed out on after all these years??

The first 2 fights have only reaffirmed my belief that women have no business being in the UFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back