• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are you glad women are in the UFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i never found it strange for women to fight so i always accepted wmma and was a fan of it.i find it refreshing actually.

I voted yes due to the exciting results. I was unsure at first with the assumption that the division was Taylor made for ms. Rowdy but even so I am thus far impressed.

I've like to see " Are you glad women are in the UFC? V2"... I first said/voted no but now i'd say/vote yes... the women bring it and I'm glad they're in the UFC.

I think a lot of people will be put off and look at the UFC as a freakshow when they turn the channel and see two women fighting.

lol at this prediction.the 2 women fights have been the talk of the night and stole the show

Women fights are much more entertaining. But still, I cant watch women fight. It makes me sick.

I voted 'I don't care either way' because:

Men? Women? Who cares. Just Bleed.

justbleed.gif

Might I add that so far the women are doing a great job of just bleeding (well... they do get more practice)

I'm a no. I don't think their skill is up to the ufc level. I watch the UFC to see the best, when I want to watch lower level fighting I watch local mma. Cyborg is solid enough and rousey is a ufc level grappler, but none of the rest are in that realm, at least not main card talent. Throw them shits on the undercard and keep it off the tv.

I've like to see " Are you glad women are in the UFC? V2"... I first said/voted no but now i'd say/vote yes... the women bring it and I'm glad they're in the UFC.

Why would you vote No in the first place? You didn't think they brought the action all these years?? Or are you one of those presumptuous idiots who shuns things about a sport that they knew absolutely nothing about, just like those stupid politicians in New York that we hate so much??

There's no need for multiple versions of this thread after every fight. Could a single fight on the men's side on an UFC card flip your view on the entire sport? Would a boring wrestler's humpfest make you want to exclude all male athletes from the UFC? Hell no! Not if you are an informed fan with a working brain! The same goes with the women, it's inevitable that there will many good fights, and there will be a few that left more to be desired, but one or two match-ups shouldn't effect a real fan's view of the entire sport!

This historic poll is all we need to tell who are the real fans of Mixed Martial Arts, who appreciate the non-stop excitement despite the fighters' nationality, skin color, weight class, age, or gender, in oppose to the prejudice-filled haters crawling around in the first 75 pages claiming to be "fans", and I will look back at it fondly after each and every time the ladies excel above their male peers to grab a nightly bonus.

Last edited:
Yes. The women always come to fight and show technique.

you mean defenceless throwing punches? no head movement? no TD defence? yes all techniques they showed yes.

That being said i dont care either way. I like Ronda as a person. Dont mind seeing them fight. Can do without tho.

When I checked his poll a month ago, Yes and No were dead even.

Why would you vote No in the first place? You didn't think they brought the action all these years?? Or are you one of those presumptuous idiots who shuns things about a sport that they knew absolutely nothing about, just like those stupid politicians in New York that we hate so much??

There's no need for multiple versions of this thread after every fight. Could a single fight on the men's side on an UFC card flip your view on the entire sport? Would a boring wrestler's humpfest make you want to exclude all male athletes from the UFC? Hell no! Not if you are an informed fan with a working brain! The same goes with the women, it's inevitable that there will many good fights, and there will be a few that left more to be desired, but one or two match-ups shouldn't effect a real fan's view of the entire sport!

This historic poll is all we need to tell who are the real fans of Mixed Martial Arts, who appreciate the non-stop excitement despite the fighters' nationality, skin color, weight class, age, or gender, in oppose to the prejudice-filled haters crawling around in the first 75 pages claiming to be "fans", and I will look back at it fondly after each and every time the ladies excel above their male peers to grab a nightly bonus.

No need to insult the man, he's on our side now. I can imagine saying no before I got a chance to actually see the ladies way back in the Bodog days, the intesity and level of "bring it" is hard to imagine until you see it. At least he's not one of the idiots trying to defend their no answer

i like wmma. i just dont like it clogging up space on the ufc cards. it should be on wec or strikeforce. bring one back.

ufc on fx
ufc on fox
ufc on ppv
tuf finale
ufc ____ vs ____
ufc insert number.

shit is confusing enough. plus 3 more divisions. cmon. thers no depth for that. only 135 is worthy.

wec was the shit. they had a blue cage.

Saying that there is a lack of technique in women's MMA always struck me as odd, because it's not like female martial artists/boxers just came into existence when WMMA did.

Very glad women are finally in the UFC.

i like wmma. i just dont like it clogging up space on the ufc cards.

Clogging up space. Did you notice the difference in the crowd reaction between Tate/Zingano and the other fights? Pretty soon people will be complaining about all the men's fights taking up space.

Saying that there is a lack of technique in women's MMA always struck me as odd, because it's not like female martial artists/boxers just came into existence when WMMA did.

When they say lack of technique, they mean mostly lack of high-level striking. Right now, the most famous fighters in the 135lb division (Tate and Rousey) don't have high level striking, thus people think/say that the striking sucks in wmma. If last week's Kaufman/Smith fight from Invicta was held in the UFC, they'd all be talking about the rapid improvement in striking in women's mma. A year from now and 10 fights in, nobody will be still on this "lack of technique" BS.

I didn't like watching women fight before... maybe some things take time getting used to. I've never enjoyed watching women/girls fight, I don't view women as people who slug it out with their fists... it's something I honestly had to get use to seeing. I watched many strikeforce fights and it never seemed right to me.

I'll give full credit to the UFC for presenting the women correctly. I knew of Carano and Cyborg before but it was still like cokc-fighting before because I knew nothing of them. But now there's some history, it's established, and they're building on the foundation of what strikeforce started.

Give yourself a pat on the back bro, oh wait you already did, for being so ahead of the curve. And yes, a single fight did turn a lot of people on to the UFC with the Griffin/Bonnar fight, that's a fact.

I think a lot of people would change their vote after only two fights, and more after three, and four... and some the other way too, things change. If I could change my vote to yes I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back