Are you for or against the UFC introducing straw weight & atom weight divisions?

Atom weight? What's that? Kindergarten kids fighting or 2 year olds?

Against it. There's far too many weight classes as it is now.

I like the smaller weight classes, I really dig 145 and 135, but 105 is just pushing it a bit too far.

Here is the thing the smaller womens divisions have a lot of really good big name fighters but don't have the star power the ufc needs it's all about ppv buys and only Ronda can headline and the average fan will pay for it

Not until they are ready to commit and have the talent ready, I don't want it started with 4 guys like FlyW was. Even then, I really wish they would tack on 10 pounds and fight at Flyweight.

Against, actually I wish we could get rid of the women's division (not even amateur level) as well as the men's flyweight (decent but I'd rather see heavier guys).

All men are created equal.
Having said that, I have no problem seeing midgets, gnomes, hobbits or pygmy people fighting each other.

Don't care, but if they're there, I'll watch it.

I still think 155 and under should fight in a smaller cage, like the old WEC cage. It forces action to have less space.

Strawweight I can see, but any lower is unnecessary, until proven otherwise for the same reason there's no womens FW or higher. Show me some fighters worth watching in those weightclasses before we make a whole new division. A 195lb or 163lb division seems more likely than atomweight.

please , this has to stop. "atom weight" . that is just ridiculous.

I am against the introduction of extremely low weight classes. People who weigh just over 100 lbs are not built to be a professional athlete.

against

I'm for a 230 cruizer weight and a not cap heavy weight division

Agreed. The fighter need to get bigger, not smaller.

As good as Velasquez is, the fact that a 6'1 soft 240 lbs man is the heavyweight champion of the world is almost laughable.

Women's straw, yes.

But the UFC doesn't need additional weight classes at the moment. They're still building the lighter ones, which is actually going well. I like the smaller guys a lot more than I used to.

WW is the smallest div. I'm interested. I care about Pettis, Nurmagomedov and Kuivanen in LW, McGregor and Niinim

The 125 lbs division is just starting to get good so depleting that talent pool would suck. Also I think the weight classes need to be spread out a little more so that there is a wider gap in weights. Fighters shouldn't be able to make the weight class underneath them so easily.

Yeah! That would be awesome, guys who are 4 foot 10 and weigh 104 pounds?

What kind of a true mma fan wouldn't want to see that?

Against. I want to see heavier weight classes.

Back