Are you for or against the UFC introducing straw weight & atom weight divisions?

I think the UFC needs to pump the breaks a little. The cards are already watered down, now 2 more divisions? No thanks!

It'll be fun

c'mon, can't you imagine watching it and having a laugh with your bros?

everyone needs a piss break or a quick run to the store to stock more beer.

For women: God yes, makes a lot of sense and those ladies are killers. Can't wait to see those divisions brought over to the UFC.

For men: Not against since I love the lighter weights, however I would think it would be more prudent for them to wait before they introduce these newer, lighter weight classes. Flyweight (while badass and entertaining) is still fairly top heavy as far as talent goes. Give them more time to develop that division before introducing a new weight class.

Also as people have mentioned, the UFC is just recently starting to open up the Asian/Latino markets. Give those fanbases time to grow in the UFC before bringing over these new weight classes.

Not interested at all, any full grown man that weighs less than 125lbs is in serious need of a good home cooked meal, I bet I was around 125lbs before I finished elementary school and I'm not a big guy only 5'8 77kg

Not interested at all, any full grown man that weighs less than 125lbs is in serious need of a good home cooked meal, I bet I was around 125lbs before I finished elementary school and I'm not a big guy only 5'8 77kg

Doubtful, there are some nak muay who weigh less and are perfectly healthy. Its just genetics, bone structure etc.

or put them on an american diet.

instant weight gain

maybe we could call it something else, like the hulk division or something

put these and WMMA on seperate cards. we will see how fast they will leave again.

I'm not against good fights but I would not be surprised if most fights would be boring. FlW is weak as hell, so I assume it's even worse for straw and atom. However, if these weight divisions were introduced I'm confident some will say that it's the most technical divisions ever as the smaller a guy is, the better his technique gets :rolleyes:

I'm not against good fights but I would not be surprised if most fights would be boring. FlW is weak as hell, so I assume it's even worse for straw and atom. However, if these weight divisions were introduced I'm confident some will say that it's the most technical divisions ever as the smaller a guy is, the better his technique gets :rolleyes:

Flyweight has some of the best prospects in the UFC right now and isn't completely stagnant of talent unlike some other divisions.

Back