Are you for or against the UFC introducing straw weight & atom weight divisions?

Not just yet. Too many lame bitchy fans who complain about the lower weight classes. And the lower weight classes need to be built up more before new ones can be introduced. But they should add at least another womens clASS.

126 is the lowest weight class in Men's grappling(BJJ, sub wrestling, amateur wrestling).

Wouldn't want anything below that, if you can't grapple than you aren't a worthwhile MMA talent.

Think of all the Thais etc who are little (weight wise) they are killer strikers with next to zero grappling.

Think of all the Thais etc who are little (weight wise) they are killer strikers with next to zero grappling.

The nak muays have no interest in MMA/Grappling. If they did, then they would be having success at 125/135 or AT LEAST moving their fighters to actual credible camps in the US.

For it because people should have the right to fight and follow their dreams no matter the size but I'm against it mainly due to the fact that there are too many cards plus you have another women's division coming in and we're talking about hours upon hours of PPV. It feels over-saturated as it is.

For men, I'd say no... just not enough guys that can make that weight. If you think 125 is thin, just wait until you see 110...

I SAY YES many fantastic fighters have been seen at those weight classes in so many contact sports!

I'm sure it's inevitably we'll see ZUFFA introduce men's atom weight & straw weight divisions in the near future.

Are you for or against ?
At this point, hell no. I still haven't got around to caring about anything less than the lightweight division. In time maybe, but not not now.

Against it. Hell I like the flyweights but they're as low as I can watch. And I haven't seen a single WMMA bout except for one (Tate/Carmouche) and I don't plan on changing that.

eventually they'll be needed, right now not. Flyweight was something people were against but it could be argued that it currently has more depth than heavyweight

For the Women: Do want, and if you have seen their fights in Invicta you know exactly why.

For the Men: If they open up more Asian and Central/South American markets then those will be fantastic divisions. But as of now, nope.

This 100%

If the talent pool is large enough, and the quality of fights high enough(technique wise)....then yeah I'm for it men or women

Wtf. If you can't make flyweight then you shouldn't be fighting to be fair.

I await the day we hear Dana has introduced a new sperm cell weight class

i wouldn't even downloaded that shit

i'm for whatever makes the ufc and mma more money, so if there are decent fights in those divisions go for it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back