Are you for or against the UFC introducing straw weight & atom weight divisions?

Uber KO

vBookie Welfare Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it's inevitably we'll see ZUFFA introduce men's atom weight & straw weight divisions in the near future.

Are you for or against ?

I doubt it. Maybe when they expand and become popular in mexico and Asia.

Against. I could see it happrning though.

For the Women: Do want, and if you have seen their fights in Invicta you know exactly why.

For the Men: If they open up more Asian and Central/South American markets then those will be fantastic divisions. But as of now, nope.

I like watching the little guys fight now but I think it's as light as I care to see it at. No offense to anyone but if you get people like a buck 10 in there it would start to seem more like a novelty to me. Not many guys are that size and the talent pool couldn't be that deep.

Edit:

Until I read other posts, I wasn't thinking much of the areas which tend to have smaller people. I also wasn't thinking about the women.

For the women, I'd love it.

Even with the people in certain areas of the world giving it more talent than I initially gave it credit for, I'd still be against it. It just seems too small to me.

I say no, and here's why. Those weight classes are almost predominantly dominated by Asian fighters, who generally tend to be smaller. The UFC can't market that effectively.

Men's Straw & Atom? Can't see it...

Straw for women(obviously). Can't see Atom really but more likely than a men's division for it.

For the Women: Do want, and if you have seen their fights in Invicta you know exactly why.

For the Men: If they open up more Asian and Central/South American markets then those will be fantastic divisions. But as of now, nope.

This.

It's probably inevitable, but I'm not interested.

I say no, and here's why. Those weight classes are almost predominantly dominated by Asian fighters, who generally tend to be smaller. The UFC can't market that effectively.

You'd think the Asian market would be a gold mine for the ZUFFA execs with the lighters guys?

I'd assume not too tangible in the West though.

I know there will be a lot of Americans saying no but you have to remember that ufc is global. If Asia, mexico, South America etc. are rich with talent in those weight classes then you can be sure they will most likely do it one day.

Not right now.

I actually think that they should take 125, 135, 145 , 155 and find a way to make it only 3 divisions (130,140,155)

If there were enough talented fighters to make it interesting.

You'd think the Asian market would be a gold mine for the ZUFFA execs with the lighters guys?

I'd assume not too tangible in the West though.

If they can really break into the Asian market, than yes. But think about it. You're going to have an entire division essentially dedicated to selling in Asia only.

I don't care enough any more to have an opinion. The product is so watered down now I don't only not get every PPV like I used to, I barely even bother to download or stream events anymore. If there's a fight that's getting a huge buzz I will usually find a way to watch it online but they can have 100 weight classes for all I care nowadays.

It just isn't the same anymore.

against

I'm for a 230 cruizer weight and a not cap heavy weight division

They must add them for Women cauz they're the most stacked divisions.

About Men ... I don't think there are enough talents tbh

Not right now.

I actually think that they should take 125, 135, 145 , 155 and find a way to make it only 3 divisions (130,140,155)

great , there are to many small guys division and they are to close

Back