Are you for or against the UFC introducing straw weight & atom weight divisions?

at what weight does it become a freak show? 115 pounds? 95 pounds? 75 pounds?

125 seems a bit freak showy to me, anything much lower is just going to be silly

I doubt it. Maybe when they expand and become popular in mexico and Asia.

Kenny Florian said that the UFC is looking into adding a 115 men's division. It may be for the
Asian and Mexican market because me thinks I remember Dana White saying something about.

at what weight does it become a freak show? 115 pounds? 95 pounds? 75 pounds?

125 seems a bit freak showy to me, anything much lower is just going to be silly

Flyweights weigh 125 for 3-4 days out of the year. Guys between 5'3 and 5'7 weighing around 140-145 in the cage doesn't seem anything close to a freakshow to me.

100% no. ufc already has too many divisions and too many genders to begin with.

I wanna see children fight in the ufc. This might be as close as I get.

Fuck no. 135 and 125 are already too small for my taste, if they can't ride roller coasters I am not interested in watching them fight.

No more weightclasses. I support all of the lighter weight classes that they have, but 125 is my limit. They need to focus on building what they already have.

The only weight class that i would want added would be Cruiserweight at 220lbs. The perfect weight class for someone like Dos Santos to go down to and Gustafson and Jones to move up to.

Totally against for men. Flyweight is already shallow and 115 would he even worse. I actually think the UFC should get rid of flyweight and just have all those guys fight at 135 like it use to be. Also the cage is too big for guys that size. That's why a lot of the fights at the newer low weight classes aren't as good as they were in the WEC.

Not right now.

I actually think that they should take 125, 135, 145 , 155 and find a way to make it only 3 divisions (130,140,155)

I agree with this. Too many belts and they will be getting into boxing territory

Neither of those div will be added anytime soon if ever, shouldnt say ever but Dana already said after this they are done for a while.

Adding 115 135 you have the access to all the divs. 105 can move up to 115, 125 can move up or down, 145 can move down.

So you cover 105 to 145 with those 2 div, they are also the two best wmma div so they wont be adding 105 female div since those females will end up moving up. Penne is already gonna move up, tried up for TUF and Karate Hottie likely ends up in the uFC 115 at some point.

Mens 115 was talked about cause of asia and Mexico and India figuring smaller men will come from those countries and that div will be needed in the future. Its possible they might need it but it wont be happening for years and years if ever.

I think they are gonna be good with the div they have no.

So they're going to start adding to the roster by browsing crack dens?

against, i like the fights from all weight classes, but it shouldnt be too hard for those guys to add or lose some muscle to find a weight class they are comfortable at

Back