are you emotional?

Stuff with kids, the shootings, kidnappings this like that bother me a lot since I had my son. I cant watch those things at all

no you are just a kid who hasnt reailzed yet that the most important things in life are the people around you, dont worry it'll get there

A lot of people tell me that your view on things change when you have kids.

Everyone's different, it's possible that you're repressing the serious things for another time, while processing the emotions that you can handle in the moment they happen. If you "feel" like something is wrong, then yes I'd recommend seeking out professional help. If you don't feel like anything is wrong with you and you're a functional human-being, then keep on rollin' with life man. The only person who can really know if something's wrong with you is, you guessed it, you.

We're similar, TS. I don't think it's uncommon. I was taken aback by the newtown shooting as you probably were, but I also didn't have a real emotional response like you. It's hard for me to get emotionally involved unless it's close to home, so to speak. Or if it's animal abuse.

I was eating and watching the news and they was talking about the CT shootings and i just lost my appetite. I thought it was odd,because usually stuff like that doesn't bother me.

To answer your question,no i am not emotional. I havent cried since i was 11 or 12.

Emotions can be very selective. Even among psychopaths, who don't have a lot of feeling at all. I've read this story about a guy who was in prison for multiple murders and made clear in interviews with psychologists he didn't really have affection for anything at all but he was moved to tears when Chelsea FC won the premiership. There are even psychologists who argue that psychopaths is not a disease or a disorder but an variation among men. It is also researched that people who are psychopaths are often find at special forces units and that kind of jobs because fearlessness and a lack of emotion can be helpful in dangerous situations.

When I was really young, I'm talking tweens-early teens, I was a really emotional, even angry kid. I think it had a lot to do with the environment I grew up in, my father was an alcoholic, and an abrasive man. I realize that's not nearly as bad as many other peoples' circumstances, but I think that I may have eventually made it some sort of mission to be his foil, and in turn I became a very reserved kid. Sometimes it messes with my social availability, but in general I'm not doing bad for myself at all.

I know it sounds a bit cliche, but i wear my heart on my sleeve. Whether it be I'm mad, sad, happy ect. You'll know just by looking at me, I've actually been kinda depressed due to the recent children murders, it just makes me very sad asking myself what the hell is wrong with people? Is this the kind of times we live in now? More importantly, what can we do as individuals to help? If we even can at all. Back to the subject, Yes I'm emotional.

A lot of people like to make these threads, the "I am weird right????!!?" aka am I special? threads.

Yes, absolutely.

Smallest things get me bawling. I'm getting better at controlling it, but it happens.

I still outright sob when I hear or see anything about Connecticut. I don't know what kind of human being isn't deeply affected by that, but yes TS, you are probably damaged.

hearing about bad shit doesn't really affect me until someone or something brings me closer to the situation.

i didn't react all that much to the connecticut shooting until i started watching the news and seeing the faces attached to it. that made me really upset. if my nephew had been around when i heard about it, it probably would have gotten to me immediately.

Watching a person get killed on TV or in a show never seems to bother me but I've had to fight the tears on several occasions when seeing a dog get killed in a movie or tv. For example I watched I am Legend the other day and I prefer to fast forward through the part where his dog gets bit and he has to kill him, same thing with Dances with Wolves. It's just not enjoyable for me to watch those scenes. I think it's because animals are so trusting, innocent, and extremely loyal which makes it difficult to see them abused or purposely killed or mistreated.

The only issue I've ever had with a neighbor was because I seen him kick and mistreat his dog on a few occasions so I confronted him. We threatened to kick the sh!t out of each other then his wife started getting loud and flipping out trying to get other peoples attention and she threatened to call the cops. Although I feel I was morally in the right, if we did fight and the cops came I'd look like the bad guy because i was on his property so I ended up walking away. I think his wife was crazy enough to get physically involved and although the neighbors disliked them i still would have appeared as the instigator. About a month later after both of them had left I went and took the dog from their backyard and brought her to a friends house. He still has her to this day. Such a great dog, she just doesn't like kids because the neighbors fooking kids treated the dog like trash and would tease her all the time. I expected to be confronted by him and figured he would think it was me but he never asked me about her. I saw them looking for her that evening but my consonance was completely clear. I saved that dog from a sh!tty life

I'm not over emotional but unlike you if my father was possibly on the brink of death I'd be extremely upset. It makes me really upset to see what happened with the Conneticut shooting and if I was there I might get emotional and the few interviews I've seen of some of the victims parents is heartbreaking but it didnt bring me close to shedding a tear, I get more pissed off then anything. I just can't believe someone would do that it just makes me sick.

Last edited:
Too many people talking about their kids in here.

I don't give a fuck about what happened in CT but that's more because I'm a self absorbed narcissistic piece of shit than it is because I'm a psychopath devoid of emotion. That's what I think anyway... thin line.

Too many people talking about their kids in here.

I don't give a fuck about what happened in CT but that's more because I'm a self absorbed narcissistic piece of shit than it is because I'm a psychopath devoid of emotion. That's what I think anyway... thin line.

At least you're honest.

Back