are you emotional?

Hula hoop is a good base for the pole, flexible hips and sense of rhytm.

How it can help her in grad school tho, i'm not sure

It can help her pay for grad school. :icon_chee

I kid, I kid.

Epic.

My 5 year old daughter got some his and her 'deer antlers' with bells on them that you put on your head and wear from her grandparents at Thanksgiving. She has insisted that she and I wear them every time we leave the house together. Every day since Thanksgiving. So I have obliged.

Once in a blue moon she will forget. And when we go somewhere like the store, all the employees ask where our antlers are, and she gets mad that she forgot and chastises me for not reminding her.

You sound like a good dad.

If you turn in your 'cool card' when your kid is born, being a Dad is more fun than just about anything you will ever do.

Completely agree. I went from an asshole to a nice person. I even honk nicely now at cars that dont go through the intersection in a timely manner.

I still have faults but I have changed ALOT. My road rage has gotten me locked up in the past, now I just roll with it.

Is there something wrong with me?

I don't get emotional for things involving real people.

When I heard about the school shooting in the states where all the kids died I felt nothing.

I can watch videos on the internet of people being stabbed shot decapitated or whatever and it doesn't bother me. Sometimes I even laugh.

When family members of mine have died I've felt nothing

My dad is in the hospital with cancer and I find I don't think much about it, even though he could die.

However I can get extremely emotional watching movies or witnessing animal abuse

Seems kind of backwards, am I emotionally damaged or what

I am the same way dude.

It's psychopathy.One of the symptoms.Shallow emotions,trying to feel real emotion but failing.Dont have real love for anyone or anything but only perceived
emotion.

We're psychopaths.Other symptoms include being controlling,etc.

Google it.

I almost teared up at that school shooting. And I am a stoic. Mowing down a bunch of 2 graders with an AR 15... thats not right man. Breaking up as I type this.

I am the same way dude.

It's psychopathy.One of the symptoms.Shallow emotions,trying to feel real emotion but failing.Dont have real love for anyone or anything but only perceived
emotion.

We're psychopaths.Other symptoms include being controlling,etc.

Google it.

oh please, if you were a psychopath you could murder someone because he told you to fuck off. Like not just "wish" you could do it, you would actually do it or plan for it.

I almost teared up at that school shooting. And I am a stoic. Mowing down a bunch of 2 graders with an AR 15... thats not right man. Breaking up as I type this.

No AR15 involved... it was in the car, never fired.... (just to clarify semantics...)

oh please, if you were a psychopath you could murder someone because he told you to fuck off. Like not just "wish" you could do it, you would actually do it or plan for it.

It doesn't work like that.Psychopathy does not just mean tendency to murder.
Look it up.

Taken from Wiki:

Psychopathy (/saɪˈkɒpəθi/[1][2] is a personality disorder that has been variously characterized by shallow emotions (including reduced fear, a lack of empathy, and stress tolerance), coldheartedness, egocentricity, superficial charm, manipulativeness, irresponsibility, impulsivity, criminality, antisocial behavior, a lack of remorse, and a parasitic lifestyle.

Edit: Never leave Sherdog up at work.

Last edited:
I'm no groundhog expert, but I'd say yes. I'd even guess you know that, which is why you made this thread. Instead of asking strangers on the internet, not that there's anything wrong with that, but you might get more out of these questions if you asked them to a trained professional, i.e. a therapist.

what I was gonna say.

this is the part where everyone here compares themselves to serial killers and are so emotionally tough.

I'm one of the most sentimental and sensitive guys I know and I have no problem admitting it.

I don't think comparing yourself to serial killers is something to brag about.

People have compared me to serial killers in the past and it genuinely upset me - I was told it to the extent that I was scared that I was actually going to end up killing someone.

i wear my heart on my sleeve.

i used to not. but then i would feel horrible that i wasn't expressing myself.

it feels a lot better to get stuff off my chest.

I cannot bare to witness any animals suffering. But with people, it's not so bad.

Is there something wrong with me?

I don't get emotional for things involving real people.

When I heard about the school shooting in the states where all the kids died I felt nothing.

I can watch videos on the internet of people being stabbed shot decapitated or whatever and it doesn't bother me. Sometimes I even laugh.

When family members of mine have died I've felt nothing

My dad is in the hospital with cancer and I find I don't think much about it, even though he could die.

However I can get extremely emotional watching movies or witnessing animal abuse

Seems kind of backwards, am I emotionally damaged or what

The only thing that seems weird is not caring for what your dad is going through (unless you guys arent close) and not feeling anything for the family members dying (again, unless you arent close to them).

no you are just a kid who hasnt reailzed yet that the most important things in life are the people around you, dont worry it'll get there

I teared up reading about cooks1 hula-hooping with his daughter tbh.

So.. ya I guess I am.

Maybe something along the lines of narcissistic behaviour. Or simply an asshole.

Dont take it the wrong way, I used to be the exact same way and asked myself the exact same questions as you do with this thread. It's your choice wether you want to let those emotions happen or not.

I'm still not an emotional person, but especially in this conneticut case.. thinking about it really just sickens me to an extent that no other similar event has done before.

The Breivik thing was insane too. The fact that there was possibility of him not even serving prison time because of some pseudo mental illness was freakin absurd.

Last edited:
Back