are you emotional?

I shed a tear, my son is 6 and this shit hit close to home. Other than this incident I normally am pretty cold. This got me though.

I'm typically not very emotional at all, other than when it comes to sports. But, on CNN they were going down the list of the Sandy Hook victims and for one of the girls they said her name and age and said, "She was very excited because she was about to lose her first tooth". For some reason that just made me tear up.

I shed a tear, my son is 6 and this shit hit close to home. Other than this incident I normally am pretty cold. This got me though.

I don't remember much about the news broadcast from 9/11. But, this is the first time I can ever remember almost every reporter getting really emotional covering a story. Even the President was visibly upset.

I don't remember much about the news broadcast from 9/11. But, this is the first time I can ever remember almost every reporter getting really emotional covering a story. Even the President was visibly upset.

I remember 9/11 very well. There were some sad reporters but it was mainly confusion at first and then anger.

This was different, and as much as I hate him, I think Obama was very smart/eloquent when he said that when he gets news like this, he hears it not as the president, but instead as a father. :(

Im pretty emotional, yes.
Maybe it's having kids, maybe it's having a wife beating me into submission about being emotionally cold, maybe it's just me.... I don't know, but yeah, I'm more emotional than most.
The kids getting shot made me cry. The mall shooter in OR didn't though... I think that's most likely because I have a couple kids the same ages as some of the victims and it hit really close to home.

I can agree with you. The Oregon shit did noting to me. This shit hurt me and Im guessing its because my son and my niece as well as my nephew are all in that same age range. My brother lives 30 miles from the Oregon shooting and as soon as I heard they were all fine, my niece and nephew were ok, I felt fine.

I think I'm not , but my gastritis says otherwise.

Here's the thing TS, you feel like you can show emotions for things that are not immediately related to you (movies and such), but are blocked in doing so with things that touch you personally (your dad's illness.)

It could be the way you were raised or the fact that detaching yourself makes it easier to bear (and in turn movies act as a release valve), but if you became self-aware about it, it means that it is a "problem" and you're starting to recognize it as such.

The good news is, that's probably a good place to start therapy and it being fruitful.

best of luck

TS is most likely this guy

dennis-reynolds_pictureboxart_160w.jpg

I'm typically not very emotional at all, other than when it comes to sports. But, on CNN they were going down the list of the Sandy Hook victims and for one of the girls they said her name and age and said, "She was very excited because she was about to lose her first tooth". For some reason that just made me tear up.

I was just about to turn 18 when 9/11 happened. I remember walking into class and it being silent. My next 3 periods were the same. Not a word was exchanged that day. I didnt realize the magnitude of the situation until a few weeks after.

Im pretty emotional, yes.
Maybe it's having kids, maybe it's having a wife beating me into submission about being emotionally cold, maybe it's just me.... I don't know, but yeah, I'm more emotional than most.
The kids getting shot made me cry. The mall shooter in OR didn't though... I think that's most likely because I have a couple kids the same ages as some of the victims and it hit really close to home.

Having a kid changes you. My son is the same age as the victims. Him being 6 and me seeing it in that aspect killed me inside. Before all of this people would call me cold, now I dont give a fuck how people see me. I had a 45 minute talk with him earlier about this. He asked me questions, I just left it open.

I didnt get emotional over the OR shooting, even though I lived about 10 miles from where it happened.

But, I've lost it at least once a day over the Sandy Hook incident, bawling like a baby. I also have a 7 year old daughter.

Having a kid changes you. My son is the same age as the victims. Him being 6 and me seeing it in that aspect killed me inside. Before all of this people would call me cold, now I dont give a fuck how people see me. I had a 45 minute talk with him earlier about this. He asked me questions, I just left it open.

I'm the same way. I find myself doing something now with my kids that I would have been too 'manly' before to have done, but now I could care less what someone thinks. I've been known to hulahoop with my daughter in the middle of the big grass area at church... (a mega church, btw) and you know what, I don't care. The look on her face as she beats me (I can't hulahoop to save my life. lol) is worth whatever 'man card' punching I'd get from the 'cool guys'. When their daughter is on a pole and mine is on grad school, I'll know it was worth it. :D lol

Not not generally though i always tried to live by Oscar wildes quote

I'm the same way. I find myself doing something now with my kids that I would have been too 'manly' before to have done, but now I could care less what someone thinks. I've been known to hulahoop with my daughter in the middle of the big grass area at church... (a mega church, btw) and you know what, I don't care. The look on her face as she beats me (I can't hulahoop to save my life. lol) is worth whatever 'man card' punching I'd get from the 'cool guys'. When their daughter is on a pole and mine is on grad school, I'll know it was worth it. :D lol

Haha thats awesome. I got shit when my son wanted to do dancing. He is only 6 and is doing great in MMA. Kids do random shit and if he wants to dance/do MMA, Im here to support him either way. BTW he is going to NAGA in Vegas in March. The little fucker is draining my bank account. He might have a sister on the way too. My broad is a BB is Kenpo and TKD so hopefully our daughter will go that path as well.

Hula hoop is a good base for the pole, flexible hips and sense of rhytm.

How it can help her in grad school tho, i'm not sure

Is there something wrong with me?

I don't get emotional for things involving real people.

When I heard about the school shooting in the states where all the kids died I felt nothing.

I can watch videos on the internet of people being stabbed shot decapitated or whatever and it doesn't bother me. Sometimes I even laugh.

When family members of mine have died I've felt nothing

My dad is in the hospital with cancer and I find I don't think much about it, even though he could die.

However I can get extremely emotional watching movies or witnessing animal abuse

Seems kind of backwards, am I emotionally damaged or what

The fact that you can genuinely manifest sympathy or empathy from watching movies or witnessing animal abuse probably means you are not a genuine psychopath.

Nor have you mentioned any real active antisocial behavior towards others. It is a pretty big jump from not being sad when someone is sick or dying to actually putting arsenic in their soup.

My Diagnosis: Your are just a dick. A harmless dick.

I'd like to say no but I cried whilst watching UP, the beautiful Bones and Me, myself and Irene - so i guess I am

I'm not afraid to say I'm very emotional

Epic.

My 5 year old daughter got some his and her 'deer antlers' with bells on them that you put on your head and wear from her grandparents at Thanksgiving. She has insisted that she and I wear them every time we leave the house together. Every day since Thanksgiving. So I have obliged.

Once in a blue moon she will forget. And when we go somewhere like the store, all the employees ask where our antlers are, and she gets mad that she forgot and chastises me for not reminding her.

Back