are you a poser...

infamous mattyd said:
I like wearing gear out on the street because it helps me meet ohter bjj guys and mma fans
Definitely one of the reasons I wear my TapouT shirts out. In ND, there are only a few hardcore fans. Wearing the clothing helps strike up a conversation with others, even though I have been approached by TUF nO0bs that talk absolute bullshit and think they know everything. A true poser wears a NoGi patch on his gi (Excluding Schembri at that one Bushido). At least those type of posers know somewhat about the sport.

What's wrong with a NoGi patch on a gi?

I thought NoGi USA were thinking of releasing that a while ago. I thought it'd be nice. For the sake of irony

that money goes to new companies and allows our sport to grow... honestly most fighters are poor... most guys wear nfl stuff,, but they arent playing for the team!!! lol people get a life..

a poseur is a guy who claims or implies he's a fighter or trains in this or that, but actually knows jack. wearing a shirt doesn't make you a poseur, it's what you do while wearing the shirt that does. for example, wearing a shirt or hat with a pot reference and acting all "stoned" while you're actually not. or acting all tough while wearing a pride fc shirt, trying to pull off kicks and shit in front of other people even though you don't know what you're doing.

Soid said:
I'm talking about Che shirts made and bought through capitalism. I don't know anyone who has "home-made" che shirts.

hopefully it's not posing! (training 5 days/week).And in case u were wondering, there is no Vietnam top team.
i was just playing around with my screenprinting press..

Thats pretty sweet Dragon, how'd you make it? Graphics etc

-draw/modify design on corel draw or illustrator.
-print it on transparency make my stencil and just print it using silkscreen process.
-same process than most printed T-shirt ..setup my workshop in the garage...
but I'm still practicing...trying to come out with originals design...eventually.
(hopefully they won't send Gomi here to kick my ass....)

-----------------------------------------------------

Dragonsland said:
-draw/modify design on corel draw or illustrator.
-print it on transparency make my stencil and just print it using silkscreen process.
-same steps that are used to produce any t-shirt , but my way is a little bit ghetto.
hey as long it look good, just need to put some more sponsor on it.(big poser, I know).
you should see my Inspirit (hopefully they won't send Gomi here to kick my ass....)

Looks pretty good.

www.SSFgear.com

Dragonsland said:

it's not a Che shirt, but it's homemade for sure!!
hopefully it's not posing! (training 5 days/week).And in case u were wondering, there is no Vietnam top team. i was just playing around with my screenprinting press..[/QUOTE
Dude that shit is fucking beautiful. ]

wear what you want to wear- the football jersey analogy rings true. jsut dont go around telling people youre a fighter if youre not. sometimes it irks me to see people wearing the "sponsored fighter" or competitor t-shirts when i know they dont fight or compete. but as long as they dont claim to, i guess a shirt is just a shirt

I wear my Truth fight shorts to the beach, a mouthpiece when playing video games and MMA gloves when it is cold outside and I am not anything close to being a fighter. I also like to wear NBA jerseys, even though I am the worst basketball player ever.

I look at it the same as music really....

If I like rage against the machine, I can wear their shirt. Doesn't mean im in the band, I just like the music.

If I like Wand, I can wear a Chute Boxe/Wand shirt. I don't have to train with them or even be a fighter, just have to like them.

I work at 24 hour fitness and I see guys wearing punishment athletics and sprawl. I have no clue if they train or not but I some ppl do look like tough-guy wannabes.

Wearing MMA gear without going to the gym doesnt make you a poseur. It makes you one of the most unfashionable fuckwitts on the planet.

MMA clothing is for Fan. Wear it. You might make some other ppl who are into MMA. In the U.K its rare to c some 1 with a MMA top on. But when i do see a person wearing a MMA top i start talking to them and make a new freind lol

Shooto Panama said:
I wear a Stormtrooper t-shirt but i don`t belong to the Empire army.

Does that make me a poser?

Nah.....but it does mean you're a horrible shot.

killerverma said:
MMA clothing is for Fan. Wear it. You might make some other ppl who are into MMA. In the U.K its rare to c some 1 with a MMA top on. But when i do see a person wearing a MMA top i start talking to them and make a new freind lol

I've only ever seen people around where I live (toronto) wearing the basic UFC shirt...while I'm usually rocking my Chute Boxe shit....

I need to get some more when ive got the $

It comes down to the way fight companys usually design their gear. Most of the gear out there is pseudo-hardcore (i.e. tapout, pain, punishment,...). If a person wears a nice UFC, Pride, or Sprawl shirt, who cares it's no worse then wearing a NBA shirt. Yet, if a person wears a IN YOUR FUCKING FACE shirt...and they are not a pro...it's just poor taste.

Back