are you a poser...

GoatRider

Purple Belt
Reaction score
..if you wear MMA gear and are not a fighter?

i'm not talking about rashguards, gloves, tighty fighties or anything like that, i'm just talking about like a KTFO hat or a Chute Boxe T-shirt.

i do kung fu, so i'm not foreign to the fighting/training scene, i just don't fight unless i have to, and i want to know if people are going to assume the wrong thing if i wear some MMA gear. i view it as wearing something from your favorite sports team, except it's your favorite gym/dojo/dojong.

thoughts? and please be lenient on the noob, this is a legitimate query.

I know you're looking for some input from a more advanced belt, but...

Clothes are clothes, and they're made to cover your body and that's about it. Who cares honestly? Go for it.

What I'd call a poser is a person who "flaunts" it or pretends or even lies about doing it. A good fan and a fellow practitioner certainly do not pose as a Chute Boxe member :D

I am a member of chute boxe, whatchu talking about :p. LoL nah we got to support the sport so EVERYONE should be wearing a kick ass MMA hoodie or tee shirt, something! Give back to the sport you love so much! You definitely don't have to be a fighter.

u4ia said:
I know you're looking for some input from a more advanced belt, but...

Clothes are clothes, and they're made to cover your body and that's about it. Who cares honestly? Go for it.

What I'd call a poser is a person who "flaunts" it or pretends or even lies about doing it. A good fan and a fellow practitioner certainly do not pose as a Chute Boxe member :D

rank doesn't mean anything to me man, i own and run a busy forum myself (a formula one racing forum), and i don't employ ranks. just because someone has more posts doesn't increase the validity of their post content.

and thanks for the input everyone. i'll be ordering a few things soon.

you ain't jack unless you have a SSF hoodie, lol.

SSFgearPHH2.jpg

www.SSFgear.com

GoatRider said:
rank doesn't mean anything to me man, i own and run a busy forum myself (a formula one racing forum), and i don't employ ranks. just because someone has more posts doesn't increase the validity of their post content.

and thanks for the input everyone. i'll be ordering a few things soon.

If you need gear, you will not find anyone better than SSF.

SSF said:
you ain't jack unless you have a SSF hoodie, lol.

You know on second thought, SSF is overrated :wink: j/k, I dont think that is possible.

Wow that new hoodie looks phatty, I just might have to see if santa could bring me one of those :D

Oh, when will those hoodies be back in stock?

I had acouple of big ones made for Phenom and our Strongman Steve MacDonlad. The real ones will be in hopefully by Dec. These are just prototypes that I want them to test for sizing on the 3xl and 4xl.

The red and black solid color ones will be in soon.
SSFgearRedSS.jpg

Is that ALL embroidery? The "scientific street fighting", white out figures and sleeve look to be...

I'm 0-2 (1 pancrase rules, 1 submission rules) as an amateur fighter but with the work and training that I've been putting in the 3rd time will be the charm.....then I can retire in peace LOL.....maybe.

But even if I didn't fight, I support the sport and will continue to do so. Take supercross for example, I have never ridden on a bike but I love the sport. Just like most MMArtists, most riders do it for the love of the sport because, as in MMA, there are not too many riders that can make a living strictly from the sport.

Anyone who would complain about anybody buying and wearing anything to do with their sport doesnt truly love their sport.

I don't play hockey...yet I have a Canucks Jersey.

And I promise you that if Bertuzzi or Linden ever saw me rocking my Nucks jersey around town they would at least give me the head nod of approval / appreciation for my support.

So no.....posers are people who buy skateboards and use them as fashion accesorys
Posers are the tourists with 2000 dollar showboard set ups and sit in the lodge all day

Supporters are always welcome to have some apperal

w00t w00t, but ppz I keep telling you you aint seen nothing yet until the Sweatshirt I helped design drops, you will drool. The red ones and solid black ones are pimped!

sir037 said:
I'm 0-2 (1 pancrase rules, 1 submission rules) as an amateur fighter but with the work and training that I've been putting in the 3rd time will be the charm.....then I can retire in peace LOL.....maybe.

But even if I didn't fight, I support the sport and will continue to do so. Take supercross for example, I have never ridden on a bike but I love the sport. Just like most MMArtists, most riders do it for the love of the sport because, as in MMA, there are not too many riders that can make a living strictly from the sport.

I do BJJ. MMA is for crazy people. :D

you're a fan of the sport,so now,you're not posing.some1 wearing a Fox racing shirt because it's the latest fashion is a poser.Wearing a Chuteboxe or BTT shirt because you love their fighters makes you a true fan,not a poser.

Well there are a lot of people out there that wear NFL jerseys and have no friggin idea who the person whose name they have on the back of their jersey is. Especially around where I live.

Does that make them posers? Hardly. A lot of people jsut wear something cos it happens to look good and it's comfortable. It's not that big a deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back